FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

on 3/19/2012 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

gave me lots of length, however I am an Asian chick that has naturally straight lashes. this mascara DID NOT help me keep a curl. my lashes all came down straight even though I gave them a good curl already. returned and got the Lancôme hypnose drama mascara, and am in love with it :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This little Japanese beauty is pretty good at what it does. I mean, it's a mascara. It will lengthen and darken your lashes, but don't ask too much of it - no skyscraper lashes here. You know those nifty little bottom lash mascaras? I use this exclusively for my bottom lashes. It gives a subtle, spaced out effect on the top lashes but really excels in covering my bottom lashes and making me feel like a cute lil' lolita doll. That's probably because of the brush which I LOVE - must be a FairyDrops exclusive because I haven't seen such a unique brush in our Western brands. I think the Scandal Queen is only different to the original in that it gives thicker, blacker lashes? I favour big long LOOK AT ME lashes so while this isn't my favourite mascara overall, it's still worthwhile to have! Got this in an NYC Sephora and while I don't remember the exact price, I don't remember weeping as I handed my dollars over.. Good sign, I think.

on 4/19/2013 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Summary: One of my favorite brands of mascara is Fairy Drops, so it's no surprise that when Fairy Drops released a mascara in the U.S. I would be buying it. The formula of this mascara is so different than the general formula they use on their Japanese mascaras. It's much heavier because it's aimed to appeal to a much different market (catering to those with different styles of lashes. Many East Asian lashes are short, sparse, and naturally angle downwards, so mascaras sold in countries like Japan, South Korea, etc. typically have dryer formulas in comparison to those sold in North America and Western Europe). At first I was disappointed because this difference in formula weighed down my lashes, giving an immediate loss of curl. But I quickly learned that this would simply not be a base mascara, and used it as a layering one instead. As a layering mascara, this gives the best volume I have ever used in any other mascara.

Pros: Amazing Volume

Cons: juvenile design (in my opinion of course), non synthetic brush so it eventually lost its shape

Overall Verdict: I recommend this product to anyone who wants lots and lots of volume. It's able to provide that benefit without clumping which is really great. I will definitely be repurchasing this.

I initially like this mascara. I got great length and volume. But after a few weeks... My eyelashes started to fall out... Every time I would touch my lashes 2-3 lashes would fall... The mascara made my lashes rock hard which I think made them keep their curl , but because it made my lashes hard ... It them fragile... So I took off one lippie for the price 28$can and Another for making my lashes fragile

on 7/18/2012 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

STAY AWAY from this product if you've got straight, downward-pointing, long, asian lashes. I curl my lashes and have been using Lancome Hypnose waterproof for years and wanted to try something different that was still waterproof to hold the curl, long-lasting, and lengthening. The ladies at Sephora recommended Fairydrops Scandal Queen, saying that it's all the rave in Japan. After reading some reviews online I decided to take the plunge.

I really wanted to love this but the mascara completely took the curl out of my lashes. On the first day of wear, I looked in the mirror midday at work to find little black flakes/fibers all over my face. Not cool. I would say that you may like this if you've got naturally upwards-curled lashes that need lengthening because the fibers do lengthen a bit, but this is NOT the mascara for you if you are relying on one to hold up a curl throughout the day. Super disappointed.

on 3/19/2012 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love Asian makeup, and I have been avidly anticipating the arrival of this Japanese mascara to Sephora. This mascara has rave reviews on Youtube, and boy does it deliver! It gives an astonishing amount of length to my short pathetic lashes, and it is true that this mascara will stay put until you wash it off. The packaging is absolutely to die for as well. The only complaint is, as you may expect, the hefty price tag.

on 8/2/2011 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the Fairy Drops Scandal Queen mascara, it's the one currently selling at Sephora. I bought it on a whim, and the brush intrigued me. The mascara was clumped all over the brush on the tester, and I found this to be the same case for my tube - nothing like the picture on sephora.com. I have to wipe the excess mascara off carefully before applying. I don't wipe it off with a tissue - at 24 bucks a tube I wipe it carefully back into the tube lol.
Ok so the brush is REALLY cool - it gets even the tiniest lashes and is super-easy to use without getting mascara all over your face. My lashes are pretty puny and this mascara makes them long and lush, and the formula dries quickly. The thing that makes it even better than Diorshow is that it is water resistant, so unlike Diorshow I do not have raccoon-eyes at the end of the day even in humid conditions. I do curl my lashes for a few seconds before applying and the curl lasts all day. The more I wear this mascara the more I like it. I find the price to be horribly expensive but it works so well I will likely suck it up and buy again - although once this one is dried out I am going to try the brush with my old favorite Maybelline Full and Soft and see how they compare.
The formula deserves 5 lippies, but I took one lippie off for the way it clumps on the brush and also the price gouging. If you love mascara it is certainly worth a try.

on 9/7/2018 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara is my ride or die waterproof mascara. Finally a decent volume mascara that stays put whatever you throw at it. Its really black, it’s glossy, it volumises and lengthens to infinity and beyond. And it has caring ingredients to boot, there is nothing on my mascara wish list that this mascara doesn’t have. Well, maybe availability... I have to buy it online at Beauty Bay or Cult Beauty, which unfortunately enables me to purchase other expensive stuff there ;)...

on 3/7/2018 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara is dope. I have long eyelashes but fairly sparse and straight, this mascara adds length and gives them a great curl. Its nice and black, relatively volumizing and gives great coverage without clumping my lashes together. The first time i used it i was really impressed, it does everything it claims to do on the packaging. Ive already decided i will stock up on more tubes while i am visiting hong kong. At 120hkd/$19 aud the pricing is standard and for the quality of the product i think its great value.
I love also that it is a tubing mascara as it is so much easier to completely remove! Taking off normal mascara is a pain in the butt and i find it never fully comes off, tubing mascaras are the way forward!

on 2/1/2018 1:15:00 AM

Good waterproof mascara that separates lashes and holds curl. It also lasted a long time before it started to dry out. I probably won’t repurchase because it’s too hard to find.