Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Lotion

Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Lotion

4.5

Raw Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Deionized Water , Stearyl Alcohol (Palm Kernel) , Vegetable Emulsifying Wax , Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil , Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter , Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter , Vegetable Glycerin , Jojoba Oil , Essential Oil Blend , Soy Milk , Tocopherol (Vitamin E) , Extracts of Frankincense and Myrrh , Allantoin (Comfrey Root Extract)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an absolute dream on my skin. It has a super thick texture that makes me feel so amazing after my daily night time shower. The packaging, however, is absolutely terrible. To compensate I use both of my hands to get my desired amount onto a cottonpad & then I apply it as normal.

on 7/19/2016 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I usually use a pure shea butter/vitamin E paste from Out of Africa. It isn't something you can use all over, just spot areas. I picked up a sample bottle of the shea moisture lotion and let me tell you I was hooked. It has a light fragrance and leaves dry skin smooth and hydrated. I then picked up a full size bottle, unfortunately the packaging is terrible. You can not get the product out of the bottle, I also dropped it and the top broke off :( I transferred it to a 3 ounce travel squeeze bottle which works much better.
Yes, I will rebuy even with the terrible packaging, the lotion is worth it.

Pros:
Light scent that fades
superior moisturizing
clears up psoriasis and dry skin areas
thick,lovely lotion
organic and natural

Cons:
Horrible packaging

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

I received this as a gift. I loved the smell although I can see why some would find it a bit too exotic. It's extremely rich and feels wonderful on winter ravaged skin. However, the packaging is beyond awful. The effort it takes to get it out of the bottle is ridiculous. I had to bang it against the tile wall in the shower to get it to move. This needs to be in a tub. I ended up throwing it out after two uses because the frustration eliminated any pleasure the product could offer.

on 1/19/2016 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Had a coupon at Ulta, needed a thicker body lotion for winter, generally happy with what I've already tried from Shea Moisture...so here we are.

First and foremost, "lotion" is a misnomer: This is a straight-up body butter, and honestly, one of the thickest in texture I've tried in a long time. As a result, it perhaps takes a while to rub in (applying post-shower helps), but it sinks in beautifully and leaves my skin soft and well moisturized. The scent, which is pretty strong, does linger a while on the skin, and I really wish it smelled spicier/nuttier (where is the frankincense and myrrh? all I'm getting is honeysuckle).

The real stinker about this otherwise nice product is the packaging. I like the *idea* of the squeeze bottle, but in reality it's such a patently bad idea given that it's SO thick. I even started storing the bottle upside down, thinking that gravity would help me out, but the stuff just...stays in place. Ideally this would come in a squeeze *tube* so at least we'd be able to give it the "squeeze from the bottom" treatment and not have to continually struggle with a stiff plastic bottle (but hey, at least my arms are getting a workout...?).

Will probably repurchase if I don't discover anything better, especially if they could repackage it.

Pros - long lasting moisturizer, supreme texture, improved my skins texture and appearance quickly
cons - scent is quite strong, bottle is very impractical for use

i wish they offered this in a non-scented formula and the bottle is irritating because the lotion has a thicker texture similar to a body butter so squeezing it out of the plastic bottle becomes an issue. Neither issues are enough of a deterrent to keep me from using and repurchasing.

on 10/19/2014 10:15:00 PM

Correction there is no mushroom in this I was thinking of the coconut lotion...that said I have no clue what the smell is that I find odd...hmm

on 4/10/2014 12:20:00 AM

I've repurchased this several times, and bought it for my mother, who has very dry skin. She loves it too. First, the ingredients are great, and for the price (at Target) it is a super-bargain. The scent is natural. (I can't stand fake scents!) A little too much honeysuckle for me, especially in warm weather, but at least it smells like real honeysuckle. (Note to the company: I would like the scent to be a true frankinsense and myrhh...sigh). You don't need much, so it lasts a loooong time. Rich enough to use as hand or foot cream. The moisturization really lasts.

Think I'll try their other scents to see if any of them are lighter.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really nice lotion. It smells very natural and clean. I bought it for the winter here in Florida because I usually use pure coconut oil in the summer and it doesn't seem to be quite enough during our mild winters here. I had wanted a thick body butter in a tub, but the consistency of this was quite thick, so I went ahead and purchased it.

I used it all winter and it's about a 3rd of the bottle is gone. I didn't have any problems getting the lotion out, it wasn't THAT thick to me. Maybe it's my amazing muscles. haha j/k
I thought it moisturized quite well, but I will say, if I was up north with the harsher winters up there, I would most likely need something more than this.

So... smells is great, I like that it's mostly natural ingredients, a good texture & moisturizing enough for our mild winters, a nice looking bottle... what else do I need in a lotion?

on 2/12/2014 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Such an amazing smelling body lotion. And the scent really lasts. A little difficult to spread on your body but it's worth the effort. Shea moisture needs to get it together with their packaging. This is too thick to be bottled and beyond frustrating to get out whether the bottle is full or not. I often cut open the bottle and spoon it into a tub... I shouldn't have to do this because it should be sold in a tub in the first place! The body wash, however, is hands down the best wash I've ever used. HG status right there.

on 9/20/2013 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My favorite, it is thick and it feels like liquid velvet on my dry skin. The fragrance is heavenly. A pump would make the packaging a bit better but I just store it upside down at the end- no big deal. This is a real favorite.