Trader Joe's Nourish All in One Facial Cleanser

Trader Joe's Nourish All in One Facial Cleanser

4.1

Aqua, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium PEG-12 Dimethicone Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Panthenol (Vit. B5), Retinyl Palmitate (Vit. A), Cholecalciferol (Vit. D3), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vit. C), Phytonadione (Vit. K), Alpha Lipoic Acid, Coenzyme Q-10, Green Tea Extract, Copper Peptides, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid

This product has become HG to me. I have repurchased this 2x already, and I really hope they don't discontinue it. It is the perfect everyday cleanser for my combination/oily skin and is gentle, yet cleans away the excess oils without dehydrating the normal parts of my face. A lot of reviewers complain of it leaving a film behind - I use this in the shower so everyday washes away fine. It's also gentle enough to remove makeup, though around the eyes it can dry it a tad bit, but not anything that can't be fixed with a little moisturizer. Try this and don't be discouraged that it's not a legit beauty retailer!

nice formula, i guess. it clears me up within a few days. i guess if you need a good cleanser, grab this next time you're at trader joe's! it removes waterproof eyeliner pretty nicely, but it isn't tear-free :-)
the texture isn't anything special. the color tends to fade as you use up the bottle and the texture becomes more liquid. i'm not a fan of this but hey! it still works. it's not my holy grail but i do like this cleanser for what it does.

(the cleanser seems to work better when you use a facial brush or something like that)

To Read all 99 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/4/2016 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

My adolescent teen daughter broke out and after unsuccessful results with the acnefree and murad systems, we decided to go with a simple face wash and a strong 10% benzoyl peroxide cream. At night she uses the makeup remover wipe and washes her face with the hope purity facial cleanser, followed by toner & moisturizer and in the morning uses the trader joe's face wash & continues with the same toner and moisturizer and it has helped clear up her skin.

I'm sad to give this a "meh" review because I love Trader Joe's in general, but this just didn't do it for me.

The cleanser itself is a gel consistency and produces a light, frothy lather. It has no smell at all (fragrance-sensitive folks, rejoice!). It feels nice on the skin and does a relatively good job of cleansing. If you wear light makeup, this will probably take it off. If you're wearing moderate makeup or anything with any water resistance, you'll probably have to either wash twice or use a makeup remover first. I was able to use this around my eye area without any burning or stinging.

Like many have mentioned, this does seem to leave a little bit of a film after rinsing. I'm assuming this is due to the silicone in it, and I'm not sure why a silicone is included in a cleanser at all. This is my biggest gripe with this cleanser: it doesn't leave my face feeling clean. It doesn't feel *dirty* per se, and I can tell that makeup, oil, etc. has been removed. But the feeling it leaves behind is TOO soft - artificially soft, like a coating has been left behind.

I also think this might have contributed to some clogged pores. My skin is very acne-prone and gets clogged pores easily, and I think the filminess of this cleanser was not a good match. I can say it didn't dry out my skin (combination-oily, prone to dehydration and on Retin-A) or irritate it at all, which are good points. But being ever on the quest for products that keep my skin clear, this seemed to set me back a bit in that department.

I would recommend this folks who want a simple, gentle, no-frills cleanser and who AREN'T prone to acne or clogged pores. I wouldn't recommend it to people with acneic skin, people who wear a lot of makeup and want an all-in-one cleanser, or people pursuing that "super clean" feeling. For me, it wasn't a good fit, and I used it up as a body/hand wash. I won't repurchase this, but I wouldn't discourage other people from trying it because I don't think it's a bad product in general.

Side note: A few people have mentioned the antioxidants as a positive for this product, but I don't really consider them a factor. Between the rinse-off aspect and clear packaging, I wouldn't expect much antioxidant benefit here.

on 3/5/2016 11:58:00 PM

This is the first gel/ foaming cleanser that I have ever been able to use - normally they irritate and over dry my skin but not this one - i LOVE it - takes away all makeup without leaving any residue - and the price is ridiculously low - sooooo happy I found this thanks to the good reviews here - otherwise i never would have believed a trader joes cleanser could be good !

on 3/2/2016 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Good, not great. This is a notch less effective than my personal favorite, Kiehl's Ultra Facial cleanser, but it's twice the amount at half the price. So being a college student, bargain hunter, and one who enjoys the variety of choice, I snagged this at my local Trader Joe's for the low price of $5.99.

It smells vaguely of dark chocolate (not really appealing to me, but whatever), has a pump, and has a nice slippy gel texture that slightly foams up.

My skin does feel good after using this in the morning. Fresh and clean. I enjoy that feeling, especially since I'm pretty oily-skinned. I like Kiehl's better because it's a thoroughly effective cleanser (comparable to most oil cleansers imo), but there's always room in my bathroom cupboard for gentle-to-medium cleansers, too. :D

No, I wouldn't use this as a makeup remover type of cleanser. It won't take off waterproof mascara or heavy-duty foundations like Estee Lauder Double Wear. But it's good for removing nightly skincare residue in the morning and a second cleanse (if you prescribe to double cleansing, which I do).

Paula Begoun recommended this back when Trader Joe's was still a featured brand on her website on the basis of having good ingredients. It's hogwash to me since I only leave on a cleanser for three minutes, maximum, but it couldn't hurt anybody imho.

Verdict: Not something I would buy again, but could potentially be someone else's Holy Grail.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I find this just ok. It works fine as a cleanser, and I always use it after oil cleansing. It has no scent at all-for me this is a negative, but I know many people will appreciate it. I like a fresh scented cleanser. My biggest complaint is that it is more difficult to rinse off than I would like. I always feel like there is a bit of a film left behind.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I normally use Prescriptives All Clean Sparkling Gel Cleanser for Oilier Skin ($23.50) even though my skin is somewhat normal and decided to give this a try as a cheaper alternative. I really liked it. I remove my makeup with Origins cleansing oil first and then wash so I'm not sure how well it does for removing makeup. The gel is thick, unscented, and didn't lather much but still a great job at cleansing and I love that it came with a pump. One bottle lasted me 3.5 months using it morning and night. Even though I had no problem with it, I really missed the scent of my Prescriptives cleanser and decided to go back to it for the scent BUT I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase this as a cheaper alternative. Great product!!!

on 11/5/2015 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ive just bought my second bottle of this. So I guess that means I like it!

I bought this to incorporate into my aha/bha based skincare regime. I just needed a simple, non-drying cleanser that cleans well and this is what it does for me. Its cheap, it cleans well and takes off any remaining makeup (I take off my make up before hand with Clinique take off the day balm).

There isn't too much to say about it but at around $5 its worth it for everyone to try. Im looking to buy their moisturizer next.

on 10/22/2015 5:20:00 PM

This is my HG face wash. I use a lot of exfoliants as part of my skin treatment routine so I need a clean-rinsing, gentle, and simple cleanser. Basic but effective. This rinses my face so well I don't need a toner afterwards. It also easily removes eye make up without assaulting my eyes. And it's SOOO cheap! I have product-ADD with many other things, but will buy this as long as they make it. The bottle does say that it is an exfoliant, but I don't know how that is. I wouldn't say that it's got strong exfoliating properties, and I do find it to be much more on the gentle side. Does not break out my sensitive, easily clogged skin.