Australis Ready Set Go Finishing Powder

Australis Ready Set Go Finishing Powder

4.4

on 8/15/2016 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I like this setting powder as it is finely milled and generally translucent. I say *generally* because I do find it is not as translucent as the NYX loose powder. That being said, this isn't a bad dupe of it, but I can't stand the packaging of these loose powder products. Way too messy. Performance wise this will set my makeup without creasing and I haven't had any colour changes/oxidization issues, but I feel like it isn't as finely milled as the NYX loose powder, but comes close in performance. Would repurchase if my preferred (obviously NYX if you've read this far) loose powder is out of stock.

on 8/14/2016 6:37:00 PM

Not gonna lie it did disappoint me when it comes to baking and locking in undereye concealer. It darkened my light contour to a complete different shade and had major flashback in photos. But if youre after just a quick matte dust over your foundation this should do, for the price anyways. Wouldn't repurchase.

To Read all 50 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/13/2016 12:52:00 AM

Not going to lie. When I first heard/saw Australis Ready Set Go translucent powder, I had a mental image of my grandma sitting at her dressing table with a tub of potpourri sitting on top of a doily applying this powder with a large powder puff. How the hell did this product work? What was it's aim? I don't want to look like a clown on acid!

But low and behold, this product has serious significance to your face. It's aim is to set your liquid foundation for a long lasting shine-free day. It does not change your foundation colour, but it does miraculously give lovely even coverage.

I am dry-city when it comes to my skin. I find most colored foundation powders dry me out even more; particularly on my nose, under and on top of my eyes and my cheek bones. Australis Ready Set Go applies so silky smoothly that for once in my life I am still left with soft supple skin. This powder has made me want to throw out all those foundation powders and convert solidly to this translucent powder.

It is suitable for all skin colours and types. Dry skin - now silky smooth. Oily skin - the white powder will soak it up and keep you shine free.

Recommendation:

The only recommendation that I have for this product is (after swirling your brush around in the powder) that your really blow the excess away, other wise you can actually look white. Whilst blowing it away off your brush, be sure to hold your breathe. Getting it up your nose is not as pleasant as other white powders.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Iíve been searching for something to replace the elf under eye setting powder without the glitter. This product is unfortunately not it. For the price itís not a bad product, my major issue with it is the flashback in photos. You know those awful photos of celebrities with white under their eyes? This product does that with flash photography. If youíre after something to set your make-up and you know youíre not going to be photographed then I would say go for it. The actually product is a generous size for the price, works well and does what it claims. The packaging is a bit messy but it's nothing terribly off putting.

on 10/7/2014 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Perfection. Leaves my face looking smooth after applying foundation. Make sure to put a little at a time because once I put so much that my face felt really dry. Buy it! Because I would (again).

on 7/24/2014 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a decent loose finishing powder, which I was using for quite a while. However, it is pretty much just silica and that is fine but I realised it flashed back in photos and made me look really pale and whitish. I also found it slightly drying. I have since started using the face of Australia translucent powder and I find it is smoother and dries out my skin less. It also doesn't have the flashy effect this one has. I don't think this is a bad powder as it is affordable and fine milled but if you want to look flawless in photos perhaps look for an alternative?

on 6/20/2014 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've been looking for a setting powder for some time-I've tried only a few. This one is cheap-it's under AU$10 on sale. It's pure silica, has no shimmer and doesn't settle into my still fine lines under the eyes like the Clinique powders did. It works really well to set foundation and concealer and take away shine. I use it with a Real Techniques powder brush, and I only need a thin dusting of it. I have re-purchased 3 time now, and my mother in her 60s likes it too. I only wish it came in a bigger jar.

on 6/2/2014 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The Australis Ready Set Go Finishing Powder in 'True Translucent' is a very fine, light translucent setting powder, and is absolutely perfect for everyday wear.
A featherweight dusting is all you need to set your foundation. It camouflages pores and blackheads wonderfully without caking, and gives your skin a gorgeous, silky smooth appearance on-par with high-end brands.
This product is perfect for people who're on a budget, but not willing to give up such a vital part of their makeup routine.
The only downside is the packaging.
The powder comes in a small plastic container- for those of us with sensory issues with sound, this is problematic because the lid makes a very loud squeaking noise when it's being unscrewed. I often cringe whenever I need to access this product because I absolutely can't stand the sound of the packaging.

The product itself, however, is well-worth it in the end.

on 5/6/2014 7:17:00 PM

This is so cheap! But do a nice job! Can setting my foundation beautifully matte, it can be used long time, sometimes I use this to clean my eyeshadow brush(which I use on powder eyeshadow. Love it!

on 4/29/2014 7:29:00 AM

I love this product!!
I bought it about a 8-10 months ago and I still have it!! it last so long and sets my powder all day, it also doesn't let any oil or shine come up and it feels really soft and looks really smooth on the skin. I got the at k-mart in Australia and it was about $12 dollars which is an ok price but it is definitely worth the money!!
The problem I had with this was when I went out at night and uses flash when taking photos, I looked like a ghost ha-ha
so try not to use this at night or when I take flash photos.
overall I would buy this again