e.l.f. Cosmetics Essential Little Black Beauty Book

Essential Little Black Beauty BookEssential Little Black Beauty Book

2.8

on 11/17/2013 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is horrible. Yeah there are a lot of eyeshadows but they're soooo tiny. Like I can barely get a brush in there. The pigmentation SUCKS. Like I think the eyeshadows I got from Claire's when I was 12 was better quality than this crap. I got the warm edition and while I like neutrals, these are all pretty much the same color. They're also all incredibly chalk-like, streaky, and just muddy colors. There's tons of fallout and the applicator they gave you is a joke, as most are, but still. There's nothing good about this palette, if you wanna call it that, and you should seriously just save your money and go buy something else.

on 3/13/2016 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette is very versatile with a wide range of finishes. There is anything from matte to metallic to straight up shimmer. I have a hard time deciphering what is considered a satin finish so the only thing I’ll say that I know for sure is that there are five true mattes.

There is a little bit of fallout, but nothing that can’t be solved by tapping the excess off of your brush or applicator. In terms of the texture of these shadows, it can be hit of miss. Some feel buttery, while others (mostly the shimmery ones with glitter) feel chunky. Since this is the warm edition of this palette, there are not many bright shades. The only bright shade is a turquoise blue with tiny gold shimmer. Pigmentation is just as hit or miss as the texture. Some are very sheer while others are very pigmented. The lighter shades can tend to get patchy.

They are long lasting as long as you use a primer under them, otherwise they tend to crease on the lid. These are also very blend-able and build-able. They can also be used wet (With any setting spray or eye drops). As a whole I would say that these are not bad for their $8.00 price tag and as of right now they are still available on the E.l.f. website. (Eyeslipsface.com)

Pros: slim and compact, good color payoff, good color selection.
Cons: Fallout, some shades are patchy, some are rough and chunky.
All in all I gives this product a 3 out of 5.
For more reviews from see go to http://tiffini42112.tumblr.com/

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This palette is good for beginners trying to experiment on makeup. Some colors are a hit and miss, being more or less pigmented, it does last all day with my primer that was also E.L.F. The package is small and very cute. I just wish some of the colors were more pigmented...

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This palette is the first eyeshadow palette I purchased back when I was still learning to put on makeup, because it's cheap and promises a wide range of neutral color - I thought it'd be a great choice to start.
It's good to find out that the palette comes in small, soft, magnet-clasped plastic packaging that looks like a small notebook - very cute. It contains many neutral colors with shimmers, and several mattes. The first thing I noticed after I tried them on was how powdery they were, it's sometimes prone to fallout. It gets messy in the pan, as well. The color payoff varies across the pan. I'm satisfied with the intensity of the darker colors (especially the mattes), but the shimmery ones are sometimes troublesome. I tried to prime my lids before putting them on, and primer does help to keep them in there.
Definitely not the best palette out there, but it's worth the price particularly when you're just started.

on 3/19/2013 2:13:00 AM

I purchased this in Warm ages ago in an elf haul. I love this little book! All of the colors are wearable and most of them are nicely pigmented, ESPECIALLY for the price you pay! $5 for all of these colors, sometimes less when ELF is having a massive sale. This book is just full of beautiful neutrals with a few fun colors. I find that when I use a primer with these (I've used both the $1 elf primer and the two-faced primer with identical results), these will stay on ALL day and be on if I fall asleep without taking it off, so all night as well. I find the colors easy to blend. There is a little fallout sometimes, but I've had more fallout from more expensive drugstore brands than this one, and it doesn't bother me. Usually, there isn't any at all.

The darker shades are more pigmented and easy to work with than the lighter shades, as is the case with most cheap eyeshadows. Some are still wfine but you defiantly want to purchase this with the intention of using the darker shades.

The book shape is cute but I think I would like this even more if it was something different. I bought the original and I think there might be more versions of this out now, so I am speaking of the original here - after about a year of having this, the cushiony case has dents and stuff all over it, the mirror is awkward/useless, and the book wont lay completely flat and open. This isn't going to knock a lippie off from me, I'd just prefer another case.