Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo

3.8

Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil), African Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Argan Oil, Panthenol (Pro‐Vitamin B‐5), Rosemary Extract, Sea Kelp Extract, Vitamin E, Guar Gum, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Avocado Oil

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really like this shampoo. It leaves my hair clean without feel dry or stripped. It cleansed my scalp very well. It is gentle, well formulated and has great ingredients. It is reasonably priced and available in stores and online. It has a light smell.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I have long, thin but frizzy hair, and to top it off, I live in a very very humid area. This shampoo is great, I think it has great slip to it and really does a great job cleansing my hair. I decided I was going to try to go natural and this line has helped a lot. I use it in combination with the 10 in 1 superfruit complex line (I use their serum every other night as a treatment), the masque and the conditioner. I took off a lippie because I'm not particularly crazy about the smell of this shampoo but the superfruit line is delicious.

To Read all 121 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Leaves my scalp itchy. Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Medium Hair is 1000x better

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this at Walgreens for $11.99 + tax. It came with 23% more of the shampoo in a bigger bottle so I figured I would try this when I ran out of my shea moisture 10-in-1 renewal shampoo (which i love). This lathers better than the 10-in-1 renewal, but does not lather obviously like a sulfate shampoo. I have to take small amounts to each section of my scalp and hair to get my hair clean and really get the full effect of this shampoo. It does take a little longer than throwing on a sulfate shampoo and rinsing out, but not much longer. This really makes my hair shiny, takes out the oil in it without stripping my hair and I would repurchase! The smell is very mild. I can't decide which shampoo I like better, this or the 10-in-1 renewal. I also use the shea moisture shea moisture retention conditioner and love it as well. I would definitely recommend trying this line as I can see such an improvement in my hair as i was used to using herbal essences, pantene, ect. i dont know if i will ever go back to the highly advertised inexpensive shampoos unless this line is discontinued which i hope it never does get discontinued!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Shea Moisture is one of my favorite brands of the moment. They really seem to understand the ingredients and formulations that are going to be most beneficial to dry hair. It's a fact of my life and many others out there- curly hair is prone to dryness and damage, more so than straight or wavy hair. Even at my hairs healthiest, which is where it's approaching now, I can't get away with using most shampoos and expecting to not wake up with a nest on my head. Some people will not find this shampoo cleansing enough- because their hair isn't dry to start with.
This shampoo is called moisture retention because it is careful not to strip hair of natural oils and I'm okay with that. I need all the moisture I can get, and then some.
It smells pleasant and not overpowering. It doesn't lather so you really need to be mindful of massaging it into the scalp and covering every section of hair before washing it out- it doesn't help you out in that regard like a lathering shampoo will- it needs to be moved around and pressed in.
This cleanses my hair well and allows any buildup to be removed. I don't use this but once every few cowashes because my hair just doesn't get oily enough for me to justify shampoo but once every 10-12 days or so. For people with tighter or smaller curls you may need it even less than that. But, once my hair gets that "weighed down" feeling and starts looking deflated, I know it's time to use this even if my scalp and hair don't feel oily. It is not an exact science.
I love this shampoo because it does NOT strip my hair of moisture or my colorant. I think anyone who suffers from dry scalp, dry or damaged hair, and/or curly hair should try this. It is also pretty inexpensive for being all natural!

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have dry thick 3a hair. This stuff leaves my scalp feeling gunky. I don't use any styling products that would cause this so I blame the shampoo. I'll try it as a body wash.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

The shampoo didn't work fine damaged hair. It was built up city. I'm sure it works for thicker hair, but don't buy if you have thin hair. Will use up as a body wash though!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Been using this for two weeks straight. I have fine, color treated black hair that gets oily at the roots fast & dry on the ends. I like to wash daily to feel clean but I need a shampoo that won't completely strip it. This shampoo has minimal ingredients which drew me to it & led me to feel confident that this is truly sulfate free. The lather is so minimal which helps my hair to come out super sleek & smooth with minimal frizz if any. It definitely builds up over time so once a week I go for Kenra's Clarifying Shampoo followed by a second wash with my Nioxin System 3 Shampoo to get rid of build up. This shampoo is so creamy that you must use this only as a quick daily rinse & any conditioner followed by it HAS to be silicone free as something truly sulfate free will never completely get rid of the silicones that like to wrap around the hair & I've been playing around in that department. If you want super, max volume & want nothing to tame your hair than stay clear of this. The price is high for a drugstore shampoo but I got this in the squeeze tube instead of the plastic bottle it originally came in & the amount you get is more I believe.

I have thick, dyed & bleached very fine hair. This shampoo did not help my hair retain moisture. It was hard to work the product through my hair as well. For some reason it does work best as a body wash as others had said. I am now using biotin shampoo. It doesn't dry my hair out as much but still isn't my HG.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a lovely shampoo from the Shea Moisture line, it cleanses very well without stripping or over-drying. What I like most about this product is that the lather is very rich with a minimal amount of shampoo. I have tried other shampoos from the Shea Moisture line which do not later very easily without using a ton of product. I like the scent very much, second to only the superfruit Shea Moisture formula. After using this shampoo my hair felt soft and strong which is what I was looking for. I definitely will be repurchasing.