Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo

3.8

Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil), African Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Argan Oil, Panthenol (Pro‐Vitamin B‐5), Rosemary Extract, Sea Kelp Extract, Vitamin E, Guar Gum, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Avocado Oil

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Ingredients sounded great, company seems cool. (I am not Black btw ) I have fine, damaged hair and I was looking for something moisturizing and gentle. Well, unfortunately, the scent was incredibly overpowering --- I used a small amount on my hands as a soap as a trial run -- my husband immediately recoiled and opened the window. It's so strong! It's going back. :( What gives?

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I received this shampoo in a natural hair subscription box, and I was excited to try it. Because I had never tried tried it before, so I was truly interested in seeing if it would end up being staple worthy or not. First off, the scent isn't all that pleasant, but I dealt with it. It works just about the same as most of the Shea Moisture shampoos that I have tried thus far. So, all I can say is that it is a decent shampoo. It doesn't do anything miraculous to your hair, except clean it.

If you already have a cleanser for your hair that you already prefer, then there's really no need to try this one. Stick with what you already use and love to wash your hair with.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Great shampoo!

Pros

Cruelty-free
Does not dry out hair
Great for removing build-up
Great if you only shampoo your hair a few times a week
A little goes a long way
Minimal lather

Cons

Will dry hair out if used daily
Ad controversy

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

PSA: for those like me who did not like this for their hair and are looking for a way to use it up, it works great for cleaning makeup brushes! Leaves brushes very clean and soft.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Noooo. I don't want to be a jerk who leaves a bad review for a product not meant for my hair type, but at the same time nowhere on the product does it say only to use this for super thick, dense hair.

My ends are VERY dry, and I was hoping this shampoo would be something like Pureology Moisture or the discontinued The Body Shop honey line. I have lots of long, fine, wavy/curly hair. I think the problem is the FINE part. My hair is both very dry (both at the scalp and the ends, while most of the actual hair is relatively healthy) and gets weighed down very easily. I should have listened to the previous reviewers here, but really wanted to see if this would help my hair stay moisturized and healthy. I also know that my scalp tends to get dry with a lot of products, so I figured a super-moisturizing product would work well.

I used this once. I washed my hair at night, slept on it when it was about 75% dry, and woke up to quite shiny, bouncy hair. However, after I combed it and the day went on, the curls fell more and more, and it started to feel gunkier and gunkier. My mom asked me what was in my hair, and my SO asked what I had done to it, so there was a NOTICEABLE difference, even though I don't style my hair in anyway besides combing it. The problem is that this shampoo makes my hair feel like I have coated it in oils, and as someone who hates the feel of product in my hair, this does NOT work for me. I'm not keeping it as a body wash because I think $12 for 12 oz. is quite steep. This is going back to Ulta, and I don't recommend it unless you don't mind your hair staying coated and heavy.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This one was a disappointment, especially given that the matching conditioner is my all-time favorite. This smells great and is sulfate free, but it just....doesn't....clean very well.

Background info: I do not wash my hair until I absolutely have to. Which, for me, is usually stretched to about a week, with the assistance of dry shampoo. So maybe by the time I wash, this shampoo is just no match for my scalp. But every time I use this I find myself double checking to make sure I actually used shampoo and not, like, pure freaking oil by accident. Yes it's just that bad there I said it there is actually a Shea Moisture product that I maybe hate.

I'm sorry Shea Moisture I still love you please don't stop being otherwise wonderful.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really like this shampoo. It leaves my hair clean without feel dry or stripped. It cleansed my scalp very well. It is gentle, well formulated and has great ingredients. It is reasonably priced and available in stores and online. It has a light smell.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I have long, thin but frizzy hair, and to top it off, I live in a very very humid area. This shampoo is great, I think it has great slip to it and really does a great job cleansing my hair. I decided I was going to try to go natural and this line has helped a lot. I use it in combination with the 10 in 1 superfruit complex line (I use their serum every other night as a treatment), the masque and the conditioner. I took off a lippie because I'm not particularly crazy about the smell of this shampoo but the superfruit line is delicious.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Leaves my scalp itchy. Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Medium Hair is 1000x better

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this at Walgreens for $11.99 + tax. It came with 23% more of the shampoo in a bigger bottle so I figured I would try this when I ran out of my shea moisture 10-in-1 renewal shampoo (which i love). This lathers better than the 10-in-1 renewal, but does not lather obviously like a sulfate shampoo. I have to take small amounts to each section of my scalp and hair to get my hair clean and really get the full effect of this shampoo. It does take a little longer than throwing on a sulfate shampoo and rinsing out, but not much longer. This really makes my hair shiny, takes out the oil in it without stripping my hair and I would repurchase! The smell is very mild. I can't decide which shampoo I like better, this or the 10-in-1 renewal. I also use the shea moisture shea moisture retention conditioner and love it as well. I would definitely recommend trying this line as I can see such an improvement in my hair as i was used to using herbal essences, pantene, ect. i dont know if i will ever go back to the highly advertised inexpensive shampoos unless this line is discontinued which i hope it never does get discontinued!

Popular Shampoos