Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray

No Image

3.7

Hydrofluorocarbon 152A, dimethyl ether, SD alcohol 40-B (alcohol denat.), VP/VA copolymer, zeolite, glycerin, acetyl triethyl citrate, PEG/PPG 17/18 dimethicone, helianthus annuus (sunflower) extract, amp-isostearoyl hydrolyzed wheat protein, benzophenone-4, water/aqua/eau, mangifera indica (mango) fruit extract, passiflora incarnata flower

on 4/23/2017 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This didn't work for my hair and I will not repurchase. It left my hair really dry and frizzy - not the effect I strive for.

However, a positive is that it didn't leave a white cast. I also like the smell and the packaging is nice/effective.

Price: $46 for 8.5 oz.

This did not work for me too well. I find this is okay as a dry shampoo but I've used cheaper products that work much better. What I really wanted this to do was add texture and volume to my short, thin and limp hair. Nope. In fact, it undid the volumizing effect of other products already in my hair. I would definitely not recommend this - you can find better for less.

on 6/1/2016 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I really wanted to like this product. In fact, I wanted to like it so much that I went through 4 cans before I finally admitted to myself that I just felt "meh" about it. So many people like this product and there's a lot of hype about this product on YouTube and on various blogs that I really, really, really wanted to like it. I finally had to bite the bullet and admit that this product does not actually have any long lasting effects on my hair. I have thick, coarse, Asian hair. I think this gives great texture for a little while after you spray it on your hair, but the effect doesn't last for me when I use it when I blow dry and straighten my hair. I get a bit more of a last effect if I put waves in my hair and use this in conjunction with hair spray. Then it looks great, but again the effect doesn't last. I also find this product very drying and when I try to use it as a dry shampoo, it makes my scalp itch. The smell is divine, however, and my husband would compliment me on how good my hair smelled. I wish this worked for me like it worked for many others, but perhaps it was just not meant to be.

on 6/11/2016 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I think I fell for all the hype around this product, which led me to believe that a few spritzes would leave my hair tossled, textured, and volumized. That was not the case, and after experimenting over and over again, trying to "build it up" or layer it with other products, I'm left wondering what this Oribe stuff actually does. I tried a few other texturizing products and finally permanently replaced my Oribe spray with Bumble & Bumble's Thickening Dryspun Finish. It's incredible. B&B is still pricey but a tiny bit cheaper than Oribe, does exactly what you would expect (texture and volume with just a few spritzes), and has become so essential to my hair routine that I even keep a small bottle of it in my extremely pared down travel kit.

on 5/12/2016 4:10:00 AM

This stuff is expensive but holy moly is it good! I have very fine naturally wavy hair and this just gives it the most amazing texture and volume, it actually looks like I have hair! Even my friend commented on how good my hair looked compared to normal. Also, I have to mention that this spray smells a-mazing!!! Two people have asked me if I have a new perfume, because I smell so good. Well, I don't wear any perfume, so this is the only thing they could smell. Highly recommend it. This is my new holy grail.

The Oribe texturizing spray definitely delivers on its promise in giving incredible volume. I spray this onto my roots, scrunch my hair and voilà, crazy va-va-voom hair.

Unfortunately this product leaves my hair feeing dirty, but i guess that is what is needs to give it grit and volume.

For more in-depth review: https://crazybeautelife.wordpress.com/2016/09/23/my-top-5-most-over-rated-products/

It took me a long time to finally bite the bullet and try this. I have long blonde hair that is medium in texture but very dense as in a I have a ton of hair and it has a slight wave. I travel a ton and realized during my last trip that I did not pack dry shampoo. I saw this at Space NK and sprayed a little of the tester into my hair that had not been washed in 2 days. I was shocked when it gave me supermodel hair. It added volume, and my natural texture looked like I had intentionally styled it for a beachy look. What really shocked me was that it lasted another two days. I don't normally go 4 days without washing my hair but the fact that I could was pretty awesome. I do not know what magic is in this but I went back in the store to take home a full sized bottle. I get what the hype is about. Just spray, lightly tousle and go.

on 4/21/2016 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is a freakin' miracle and I've bought it again and again. I finally decided to buy the big can after years of buying the tiny ones -- I can make those little guys last months, though. This is literally the only dry shampoo/texturizer that's ever worked on my coarse, slick, heavy hair. And I've tried dozens. It turns out that the ones that have grip are usually mostly stark white, which does not work for my black hair. And the ones that are tinted for dark hair get all over everything so NOPE NOPE NOPE.

I can get some gigantic hair with this product. It's literally the only thing robust enough to hold up my hair. Elnett is like water compared to this stuff when it comes to teasing. Plus, it's great for refreshing normal non-giant hair on lazy mornings! It can breathe life into my tired blowouts better than anything else I've ever tried. And I've tried a lot, because I despise blow-drying my hair and will do anything to stretch it out for a week.

Interestingly, I really dislike all the other Oribe products I've tried, as they don't seem to suit my hair type. So I'm glad I tried this first because everything else has been too pricey and disappointing so far for me.

I hate the price of this too, so I took off a lippie, but this is the only dry shampoo I will buy. Better than wasting money on other useless products. I'd rather go without than use anything but Dry.

I use this as a dry shampoo and it's the best I've found so far. Really gives my fine hair texture, tons of volume and the smell is amazing. So pricey but if it works, it works.

on 3/16/2016 7:22:00 PM

To be fair, I'm writing this review having just barely used the product, so I can't really speak to how well it works. I sprayed it once, and was so overwhelmed by the super strong scent, that I will never use it again. I understand that maybe some people would like the scent, but I would've liked a warning before purchasing it. The scent is CRAZY STRONG! (for those with any scent sensitivities) Of course it was also overpriced, and the spray nozzle was broken so that I had to have my husband fix it so that I could even try it..overall, would never recommend.

Popular Styling Products