Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray

3.8

Hydrofluorocarbon 152A, dimethyl ether, SD alcohol 40-B (alcohol denat.), VP/VA copolymer, zeolite, glycerin, acetyl triethyl citrate, PEG/PPG 17/18 dimethicone, helianthus annuus (sunflower) extract, amp-isostearoyl hydrolyzed wheat protein, benzophenone-4, water/aqua/eau, mangifera indica (mango) fruit extract, passiflora incarnata flower

on 6/11/2016 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I think I fell for all the hype around this product, which led me to believe that a few spritzes would leave my hair tossled, textured, and volumized. That was not the case, and after experimenting over and over again, trying to "build it up" or layer it with other products, I'm left wondering what this Oribe stuff actually does. I tried a few other texturizing products and finally permanently replaced my Oribe spray with Bumble & Bumble's Thickening Dryspun Finish. It's incredible. B&B is still pricey but a tiny bit cheaper than Oribe, does exactly what you would expect (texture and volume with just a few spritzes), and has become so essential to my hair routine that I even keep a small bottle of it in my extremely pared down travel kit.

on 6/1/2016 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I really wanted to like this product. In fact, I wanted to like it so much that I went through 4 cans before I finally admitted to myself that I just felt "meh" about it. So many people like this product and there's a lot of hype about this product on YouTube and on various blogs that I really, really, really wanted to like it. I finally had to bite the bullet and admit that this product does not actually have any long lasting effects on my hair. I have thick, coarse, Asian hair. I think this gives great texture for a little while after you spray it on your hair, but the effect doesn't last for me when I use it when I blow dry and straighten my hair. I get a bit more of a last effect if I put waves in my hair and use this in conjunction with hair spray. Then it looks great, but again the effect doesn't last. I also find this product very drying and when I try to use it as a dry shampoo, it makes my scalp itch. The smell is divine, however, and my husband would compliment me on how good my hair smelled. I wish this worked for me like it worked for many others, but perhaps it was just not meant to be.

To Read all 45 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/12/2016 4:10:00 AM

This stuff is expensive but holy moly is it good! I have very fine naturally wavy hair and this just gives it the most amazing texture and volume, it actually looks like I have hair! Even my friend commented on how good my hair looked compared to normal. Also, I have to mention that this spray smells a-mazing!!! Two people have asked me if I have a new perfume, because I smell so good. Well, I don't wear any perfume, so this is the only thing they could smell. Highly recommend it. This is my new holy grail.

on 4/21/2016 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is a freakin' miracle and I've bought it again and again. I finally decided to buy the big can after years of buying the tiny ones -- I can make those little guys last months, though. This is literally the only dry shampoo/texturizer that's ever worked on my coarse, slick, heavy hair. And I've tried dozens. It turns out that the ones that have grip are usually mostly stark white, which does not work for my black hair. And the ones that are tinted for dark hair get all over everything so NOPE NOPE NOPE.

I can get some gigantic hair with this product. It's literally the only thing robust enough to hold up my hair. Elnett is like water compared to this stuff when it comes to teasing. Plus, it's great for refreshing normal non-giant hair on lazy mornings! It can breathe life into my tired blowouts better than anything else I've ever tried. And I've tried a lot, because I despise blow-drying my hair and will do anything to stretch it out for a week.

Interestingly, I really dislike all the other Oribe products I've tried, as they don't seem to suit my hair type. So I'm glad I tried this first because everything else has been too pricey and disappointing so far for me.

I hate the price of this too, so I took off a lippie, but this is the only dry shampoo I will buy. Better than wasting money on other useless products. I'd rather go without than use anything but Dry.

I use this as a dry shampoo and it's the best I've found so far. Really gives my fine hair texture, tons of volume and the smell is amazing. So pricey but if it works, it works.

It took me a long time to finally bite the bullet and try this. I have long blonde hair that is medium in texture but very dense as in a I have a ton of hair and it has a slight wave. I travel a ton and realized during my last trip that I did not pack dry shampoo. I saw this at Space NK and sprayed a little of the tester into my hair that had not been washed in 2 days. I was shocked when it gave me supermodel hair. It added volume, and my natural texture looked like I had intentionally styled it for a beachy look. What really shocked me was that it lasted another two days. I don't normally go 4 days without washing my hair but the fact that I could was pretty awesome. I do not know what magic is in this but I went back in the store to take home a full sized bottle. I get what the hype is about. Just spray, lightly tousle and go.

on 3/16/2016 7:22:00 PM

To be fair, I'm writing this review having just barely used the product, so I can't really speak to how well it works. I sprayed it once, and was so overwhelmed by the super strong scent, that I will never use it again. I understand that maybe some people would like the scent, but I would've liked a warning before purchasing it. The scent is CRAZY STRONG! (for those with any scent sensitivities) Of course it was also overpriced, and the spray nozzle was broken so that I had to have my husband fix it so that I could even try it..overall, would never recommend.

on 3/4/2016 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I finally bit the bullet and bought this so I'd quit wondering if this was a holy grail product. For me, at least, it isn't. The smell is divine and it does add texture but no better than some other WAY cheaper products I've used. this also did not work at all as a dry shampoo. I've been using it after another dry shampoo. I'll use it up but it is definitely not worth the price. I've been happier overall with the Big Sexy Hair finishing spray. I think it works just as well.

on 2/17/2016 10:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I read about this and was torn--some love it, some are more 'meh' about it. So I bought the travel size as a trial. About me: thin, fine, keratin-treated, color-processed, medium length hair. Strong advocate of dry shampoo--Batiste in particular, but I've tried TONS of different ones. (And FWIW try using the dry shampoo before bed rather than in the morning--same effect but less residue!) I use dry shampoo every other day to avoid over washing. From the reviews I was not expecting this texturizing spray to be like dry shampoo. And its not. It is stickier and leaves my hair less clean-feeling than freshly washed or night-used dry shampoo. However it brings volume!! Hallelujah! Volume I tell you! Great for looking like I have far more hair than I really do, and gives that lift at the roots! Can be combed through and restyled--unlike hairspray which leaves crunchy pieces and fly-aways that look weird. I'll definitely be buying again.

on 11/5/2015 7:51:00 PM

I have no idea what this spray is supposed to do. I am a hair stylist, and i've tried TONS of products. I was excited to try this but now that i have, i'm dissapointed.
I sprayed it on my roots, it made my hair stiff and dirty, i sprayed on my ends, it gave me texture for a minute, until i walked out the door and it fell flat again. It's really more like a hairspray than a dry shampoo. I am sad i spent so much money on it :(