3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

This spray is amazing! Gives such insane volume and texture. The scent is a little strong but it fades after a while, it only lost a lippie because the full size is so expensive.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

a year ago

$22 for 2.2 ounces -- for what is essentially a very beautifully-packaged dry shampoo. It gives my hair a nice, romantic "floaty-ness" about it when I curl my hair, but it doesn't last very long. Someone recommended this to me when I asked for volume, but it doesn't really give that throughout the day. It does give my silky hair a bit of grip so I can imagine braiding my hair with it or anytime my hair needs texture, but that's about it.

About reviewer (201 reviews)

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

a year ago

One of the best new beauty products I've bought in 2018, if not THE best. Makes my fine blond hair feel thick and luxurious. Absolutely love it. Worth every penny to me. It is VERY expensive though.

About reviewer (326 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I have very fine, short, and thinning hair. This stuff is a miracle for me. Washing my hair every day leaves it dry and splitting, but sleeping on it makes it go completely flat, even when it's not at all dirty. Oribe to the rescue! I would never use it as a dry shampoo, but to give my hair some lift, volume and body, nothing beats it, and I have tried a LOT of products in my search. Would I buy it again? I already have. Yes, I wish it wasn't so damn expensive, but as long as its the only thing out there that performs like it does, it's going to stay expensive. Fortunately, a large can will last me a year. Like I said, not a lot of hair. Worth every penny!

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age56 & Over

HairBrown, Other, Fine

EyesGray

1.0

3 years ago

This didn't work for my hair and I will not repurchase. It left my hair really dry and frizzy - not the effect I strive for. However, a positive is that it didn't leave a white cast. I also like the smell and the packaging is nice/effective. Price: $46 for 8.5 oz.

About reviewer (140 reviews)

Age36-43

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

This did not work for me too well. I find this is okay as a dry shampoo but I've used cheaper products that work much better. What I really wanted this to do was add texture and volume to my short, thin and limp hair. Nope. In fact, it undid the volumizing effect of other products already in my hair. I would definitely not recommend this - you can find better for less.

About reviewer (194 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3 years ago

The Oribe texturizing spray definitely delivers on its promise in giving incredible volume. I spray this onto my roots, scrunch my hair and voilà, crazy va-va-voom hair. Unfortunately this product leaves my hair feeing dirty, but i guess that is what is needs to give it grit and volume. For more in-depth review: https://crazybeautelife.wordpress.com/2016/09/23/my-top-5-most-over-rated-products/

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

4 years ago

I think I fell for all the hype around this product, which led me to believe that a few spritzes would leave my hair tossled, textured, and volumized. That was not the case, and after experimenting over and over again, trying to "build it up" or layer it with other products, I'm left wondering what this Oribe stuff actually does. I tried a few other texturizing products and finally permanently replaced my Oribe spray with Bumble & Bumble's Thickening Dryspun Finish. It's incredible. B&B is still pricey but a tiny bit cheaper than Oribe, does exactly what you would expect (texture and volume with just a few spritzes), and has become so essential to my hair routine that I even keep a small bottle of it in my extremely pared down travel kit.

About reviewer (283 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

4 years ago

I really wanted to like this product. In fact, I wanted to like it so much that I went through 4 cans before I finally admitted to myself that I just felt "meh" about it. So many people like this product and there's a lot of hype about this product on YouTube and on various blogs that I really, really, really wanted to like it. I finally had to bite the bullet and admit that this product does not actually have any long lasting effects on my hair. I have thick, coarse, Asian hair. I think this gives great texture for a little while after you spray it on your hair, but the effect doesn't last for me when I use it when I blow dry and straighten my hair. I get a bit more of a last effect if I put waves in my hair and use this in conjunction with hair spray. Then it looks great, but again the effect doesn't last. I also find this product very drying and when I try to use it as a dry shampoo, it makes my scalp itch. The smell is divine, however, and my husband would compliment me on how good my hair smelled. I wish this worked for me like it worked for many others, but perhaps it was just not meant to be.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Coarse

4 years ago

This stuff is expensive but holy moly is it good! I have very fine naturally wavy hair and this just gives it the most amazing texture and volume, it actually looks like I have hair! Even my friend commented on how good my hair looked compared to normal. Also, I have to mention that this spray smells a-mazing!!! Two people have asked me if I have a new perfume, because I smell so good. Well, I don't wear any perfume, so this is the only thing they could smell. Highly recommend it. This is my new holy grail.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35