3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

I wish I didn't like this, because hair products are usually the one part of my routine that I scrimp on, but I have to admit it's worth the hype. When used properly, it gives messy, bedhead volume to my pin straight hair, and oftentimes I can get the look to last for days. I have to be sure to spray it from the right distance because if I get too close, it gives my roots a tacky feel, and if I'm too far away I feel like it won't "grab on" properly. Given the astronomical price, I want to be sure to NEVER waste it. I can't pinpoint the scent exactly, but it definitely smells more sophisticated than any drugstore product I've used. The scent WILL stay on your hair though, so if you're sensitive to smells that's something to keep in mind.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3.0
from

5 years ago

I am not a fan of the scent. This would be good in a pinch for volume at the crown & a wee bit of texture (grit) elsewhere. But I can't use this daily as it will start ti leave your hair feeling too gritty & dirty. So yes....it is nice to have. No, I can't use it on a regular basis. Hot rollers give my fine wavy locks more lift & life than this. I doubt I would repurchase especially at its ridiculous price. If it were a drugstore price, I might keep a small bottle around. I can also get similar lift at the crown with Pssst and it has a better smell IMO.

About reviewer (1201 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

Okay, so I haven't used this in a while, but I remember from when I DID own it, I loved the smell, but wasn't sure if it was actually doing anything to my hair. I do remember it having that fun, messy look, but it didn't seem to stick throughout the day. My hair is VERY fine and thin/wispy, so I have to be cautious with every product that I put in my hair. Maybe I'll try this again soon.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

I cringe everytime I buy this, but I have to say it is worth every penny. I've tried so many drugstore and cheaper texturizing products, and this tops them all. I have very course Asian straight hair that is very hard to texturize without being weighed down, and this works perfectly. I have shoulder length hair that loses volume at the crown sometimes, and a little spray at the roots makes my hair come to life. I also like to spray random strands and then just tease my hair with my hands so it looks a little 'lived in.' Dry shampoos don't come anywhere close to giving my hair the texture I need, despite it also being a spray product. I'm not one to buy expensive hair products, but I will be purchasing this over and over. The scent is a little strong, but it doesn't bother me too much.

About reviewer (251 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Other

1.0

5 years ago

Yuck! I purchased the small purse size can of this, and glad I did. I was only out $25.00 instead of $42.00. First of all the smell. I can't put my finger on it, but I smelled this before. It is a really strong floral fragrance that smells cheap and lasts all day. That's not a good thing either. I have short hair with a lot of layers that I like to have some structure. I was hoping this product would help with that. I could not even get the product to come out of the can. I kept squeezing the top, and finally got some to come out. It comes out like a dry shampoo, and did nothing to help hold up my layers. It might be good for oily hair, but I have dry hair. It did nothing for my hair except make it smell bad for the better part of the day.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Dry, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

6 years ago

Me encanta!!!! Vivo en españa y es francamente caro de conseguir.Así que pagué la burrada de 50 € por un bote, pero estoy encantada !!

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

6 years ago

This is my favourite texturizing spray. My natural hair is thick and straight (asian hair), and I've tried many products when it comes to volume and texture, trying to find the ones that would actually keep my hair looking volumized/adds texture that lasts throuhout the day. This really gives you the Victoria's Secret texture look, and it also adds some volume to my thick/straight hair. If you want the full-on look, I would recommend using this together with Oribe's Surfcomber mousse as well. I really like that this product doesn't contain any sodium chloride (such as lots of texturizing sprays may do), so it doesn't damage or dry out the hair. Sure it's oh so-expensive, but you get what you pay for. People have recommended the Sebastian texturizer to me, but Oribe's is just so much better, and actually gives you that perfectly tossled look, without damaging your hair in the process. Even though my hair is quite dark (black/brown) ish, this doesn't leave any white-powdered marks. Also, the hair still feels soft with the product in, and you don't get that stiff/chalky feeling. So, to add up: Great texture, some volume, no sodium chloride, amazing scent, soft hair that you actually can comb through, and it leaves no white marks. I give this 4/5, the only con being that it really didn't give me that much volume.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

6 years ago

Omg it's the one product I can not live without. I panic if I'm close to being out or if I don't have the travel size one. This stuff is amazing and it works AND it smells amazing! I can go 5 days without washing my hair with this stuff and it does not weigh your hair down. I spray it in my roots to ends. Works best the following days after using the maxinista (sp).

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinNormal, Other

HairBrown

6 years ago

Love this Oribe dry texturizing spray. It's all volume and texture in my flat hair. A must have..

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Fine

3.0

6 years ago

Read a lot of great reviews on this product and decided to give it a try. It did do a good job of adding texture and volume to my hair. However, I just couldn't get past the smell. After using this product on my hair you couldn't even smell my perfume, all you could smell was this strong, unpleasant odor. I'm a perfume junkie and I quit using this product because I no longer smelled great. Seriously, I could smell this stuff until I washed my hair!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over