3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

This stuff is a freakin' miracle and I've bought it again and again. I finally decided to buy the big can after years of buying the tiny ones -- I can make those little guys last months, though. This is literally the only dry shampoo/texturizer that's ever worked on my coarse, slick, heavy hair. And I've tried dozens. It turns out that the ones that have grip are usually mostly stark white, which does not work for my black hair. And the ones that are tinted for dark hair get all over everything so NOPE NOPE NOPE. I can get some gigantic hair with this product. It's literally the only thing robust enough to hold up my hair. Elnett is like water compared to this stuff when it comes to teasing. Plus, it's great for refreshing normal non-giant hair on lazy mornings! It can breathe life into my tired blowouts better than anything else I've ever tried. And I've tried a lot, because I despise blow-drying my hair and will do anything to stretch it out for a week. Interestingly, I really dislike all the other Oribe products I've tried, as they don't seem to suit my hair type. So I'm glad I tried this first because everything else has been too pricey and disappointing so far for me. I hate the price of this too, so I took off a lippie, but this is the only dry shampoo I will buy. Better than wasting money on other useless products. I'd rather go without than use anything but Dry.

About reviewer (260 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

4 years ago

I use this as a dry shampoo and it's the best I've found so far. Really gives my fine hair texture, tons of volume and the smell is amazing. So pricey but if it works, it works.

About reviewer (191 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

4 years ago

It took me a long time to finally bite the bullet and try this. I have long blonde hair that is medium in texture but very dense as in a I have a ton of hair and it has a slight wave. I travel a ton and realized during my last trip that I did not pack dry shampoo. I saw this at Space NK and sprayed a little of the tester into my hair that had not been washed in 2 days. I was shocked when it gave me supermodel hair. It added volume, and my natural texture looked like I had intentionally styled it for a beachy look. What really shocked me was that it lasted another two days. I don't normally go 4 days without washing my hair but the fact that I could was pretty awesome. I do not know what magic is in this but I went back in the store to take home a full sized bottle. I get what the hype is about. Just spray, lightly tousle and go.

About reviewer (102 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBlond

EyesBlue

4 years ago

To be fair, I'm writing this review having just barely used the product, so I can't really speak to how well it works. I sprayed it once, and was so overwhelmed by the super strong scent, that I will never use it again. I understand that maybe some people would like the scent, but I would've liked a warning before purchasing it. The scent is CRAZY STRONG! (for those with any scent sensitivities) Of course it was also overpriced, and the spray nozzle was broken so that I had to have my husband fix it so that I could even try it..overall, would never recommend.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

I finally bit the bullet and bought this so I'd quit wondering if this was a holy grail product. For me, at least, it isn't. The smell is divine and it does add texture but no better than some other WAY cheaper products I've used. this also did not work at all as a dry shampoo. I've been using it after another dry shampoo. I'll use it up but it is definitely not worth the price. I've been happier overall with the Big Sexy Hair finishing spray. I think it works just as well.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

I read about this and was torn--some love it, some are more 'meh' about it. So I bought the travel size as a trial. About me: thin, fine, keratin-treated, color-processed, medium length hair. Strong advocate of dry shampoo--Batiste in particular, but I've tried TONS of different ones. (And FWIW try using the dry shampoo before bed rather than in the morning--same effect but less residue!) I use dry shampoo every other day to avoid over washing. From the reviews I was not expecting this texturizing spray to be like dry shampoo. And its not. It is stickier and leaves my hair less clean-feeling than freshly washed or night-used dry shampoo. However it brings volume!! Hallelujah! Volume I tell you! Great for looking like I have far more hair than I really do, and gives that lift at the roots! Can be combed through and restyled--unlike hairspray which leaves crunchy pieces and fly-aways that look weird. I'll definitely be buying again.

About reviewer (84 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Relaxed, Fine

EyesBrown

2.0

4 years ago

I have no idea what this spray is supposed to do. I am a hair stylist, and i've tried TONS of products. I was excited to try this but now that i have, i'm dissapointed. I sprayed it on my roots, it made my hair stiff and dirty, i sprayed on my ends, it gave me texture for a minute, until i walked out the door and it fell flat again. It's really more like a hairspray than a dry shampoo. I am sad i spent so much money on it :(

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBlack

EyesBrown

5 years ago

Love this product! Makes it possible for my fine hair to look full & glorious & helps hold a style (for two days I might add!) . I do not care for the scent because it lingers (until you rewash ime). I never like to smell anything but my perfume, so this is an issue for me, but won't stop me from using this for special occasions. The price tag is fairly hefty & it can be difficult to locate in person.

About reviewer (174 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

EyesGreen

5 years ago

Personally, I think it is so much better to invest in a good haircut rather than in this smallish can of something exorbitantly expensive and not that necessary in my everyday routine. A couple words of explanation: I have short hair (and by short I mean TRUE SHORT hair, not what magazines and bloggers call short - it is a little longer than Jean Seberg's haircut in Breathless, plus my hair is wavy and thin so to get any shape I need predominantly 1. a great haircut 2. some styling product and in that order) that needs some grit and texture in it to keep it away from my scull, otherwise my nose gets more attention that it needs ;) Imho this Oribe product is decent but it might have more of an impact on people with bob/lobs rather than truly short hair like mine. The smell is pleasant but for example Toni and Guy's or L'Oreal products also have a very pleasant smell, practically the same effect on my hair and are much cheaper. What I like about it is a strong jet of thin spray (what are we breathing in here actually?!) and that a small can (still £19!) lasts quite a long time with everyday use but I will not frivolously spend that much on a product that is not a staple in my routine when I am not a well paid blogger ;)

About reviewer (218 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

Absolute miracle.....I just started using this about a month ago and I don't know how I lived without it. I have naturally curly hair and invested in a Harry Josh Hair Dryer and that has saved me hours and hours of styling so now I just blow my hair dry and use this spray and my hair looks great for days....I re-apply it a couple of more days before I wash it (every 5 days) and my hair looks great every day. I have even skipped using the flat iron daily because my hair just behaves. I don't find the smell to be anything offensive so don't know where that is coming from....I am very sensitive to strong smells and this is fine. I have to say that I am hooked on Batiste Dry Shampoo blonde so I use that daily and then use this for the texture and volume.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over