Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++
Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.8

I had to come here and write a review. I have used this for years and have loved it. I ran out and ordered a new one from Sephora. All of a sudden my skin was starting acting crazy. Irritated, stinging, redness. While trying to figure out what was going on I am putting on my trusty Dr. Jart B.B. and noticed a different smell to it and thought hmm maybe that’s it? I think I still got my box and low and behold the ingredients have changed. There are chemical sunscreens added now, all kinds of citrus oils! This is a no no for sensitive skin. I’m so pissed 😠 why do they not let the consumer know when they change ingredients???? I have been struggling for a month now and dang it I’m mad. I guess from now I will be reading ingredients when I get a new supply hoping they don’t just change it all up without letting the consumer know!

This product seriously broke me out, it block my pores which result in a large area of small but intensive acne around my chins and temples, wouldn't recommend it to acne-prone skin.

on 6/1/2014 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I went to Sephora asking for some samples of sweat-proof foundation. When I posted on thie message board, a user recommended this. I tend not to like BB Creams very well, because they give almost no coverage. But I was willing to give a try. So I got a sample of this from Sephora.

I really don't like this BB cream. There are a few reasons why. First, this comes in only one shade. It claims to be for every skintone. But I don't think it really is. The cream itself is almost a greyish color. When I first applied it, it looked AWFUL. It basically made me look like I was dead. Given a little time, it did adjust somewhat to my skin, but I've had much better color matches with other foundations.

2nd, I would describe this as sheer to light coverage. It is definitely NOT medium coverage. Due to a genetic disease, I have a lot of redness and small bumps on my face. They make me self-conscious, so I like to cover them up. But I don't want to look like I'm wearing a ton of makeup. Even after applying two layers, you could still clearly see the redness under the makeup.

I also think that this is way overpriced. In my opinion, it's not even mediocre.

If you are someone who needs very little coverage, I would recommend this BB cream. But if you have anything you want to hide, this simply won't do the trick. You are better off looking elsewhere. I will probably end up throwing away the sample, and will not purchase a full-sized bottle.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

No coverage what so ever. I will never purchase this. I received a decent size sample of this & tried it over a few days. Didn't help w/my oily ness and I need some sort of coverage but this didn't offer that.

Ok I was going to wait until payday to just purge and buy this as I have seen so many great reviews on it. For reference I am nc15-nw15 I could go either as I have yellow and some pink in my skin. I have been looking for the #1 best BB cream that offers medium coverage that does not break me out. I've tried several so far ranging from Missha, to BRTC, & Skin79 while out of those I found the missha cho bo yang so far the best one but for some reason every time I use it my skin is never blemish free? I didn't feel like it was breaking me out persay but I always had some small blemish here and there with it. Well I was walking in the mall a few days ago and thought hey doesn't sephora have the dr jart? I could try a sample see if I really like it before buying it like I planned on payday. SO GLAD I GOT THE SAMPLE before wasting a penny purging on buying it. For starters its either extremely orange or very pink? My face looked like an oompa loompa. The worst part was there was no coverage whatsoever! It felt like I was putting water on my face. This is worse than a tinted moisturizer, I feel a tinted moisturizer would offer more coverage then this and that's saying a lot! I don't know how anybody can use this and have it cover anything on their face. The only thing I can attribute for a lippie is the very elegant, nice packaging. Total fail and disappointment!

on 6/6/2012 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had such high hopes for this product and was especially intrigued by the SPF45. I have very fair skin with a slight pink tinge. I was given a sample at Sephora and this morning applied it. I wasn't bothered by the feeling of putting liquid paste on my face but I was so disappointed to see my face getting PINK and I do mean pink. I waited thinking the shade would change but it did not. I now have a very pink face next to my white neck. I don't think Sephora carries the Dr. J product that comes in different shades. Even though that product isn't SPF45, I'd give it a try. I'm so disappointed - back to SPF moisturizer, then primer, then foundation.
*********************************************************
A couple hours later, I looked in the mirror. The pink had subsided a lot. But the makeup was too dark - a definite difference between face and neck. I stopped into Sephora and asked the "expert" what she thought and her response was it's too dark. She then showed me SmashBox's BB Camera Ready in "Fair". It's SPF35. I took a sample and will try it tomorrow. So I still would not buy Dr. J but will hope for the best with SB. SPF35 isn't as good as SPF45 but it's better than a lot of other stuff. By the way, SB BB came in (I think) six shades. Fair was the lightest.

on 4/13/2012 5:17:00 PM

I'm glad that this product worked for a lot of people.
However, I think this product totally broke me out and does not look as natural on my skin tone (it has a slightly pinkish under tone that does not match really well with myolive skin tone).

on 10/21/2011 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this as it serves many purposes in one shot and makes my face look fabulous.
The color may seem a bit odd looking when dispensed but it goes on my fair skin beautifully. I have no need for foundation as this one does the job. Along with the anti-aging benefits and the high SPF, this is definitely a winner in my book and I'm hooked. Those with darker skin tones or are super fair, this may not work for you. But for those of you that are mid to fair-medium, this will work great. Although this is in the "Primer" category, it serves many more purposes than a lone primer. It gives enough coverage for myself that I don't need foundation/make up among other things.
***Edit: Not sure what it is but this doesn't work for me anymore and I really don't like it. The color now seems off for my face and makes me look like I have "something" on. My goal at 42 years old: Less is more. I don't need something so heavy as it will accentuate every flaw on my face. This seems to do just that, not sure what has changed but it just doesn't work for me anymore.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So...I did what I do best: I got myself not 1 but 2 samples of Dr Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm. First one was from last year at some point and the new one just came in the post yesterday!
Ok so the first one I used in between my Juice Beauty CC cream running out and the replacement tube arriving. It looked slightly chalky on me which is a first as Asian tones are often a good match for me. Not too noticeable though. It was also a lot heavier than I expected and made my skin look greasy in just a few hours after applying. This is definitely one for the drier skin types. I tried my sample tube twice and set it to one side…

…then I tried the newer version (the one where the parabens have gone and in come the Eucalyptus and citrus oils) and I could not use it for longer than one day. Why? Because my skin started itching and breaking out in small red patches that looked like hives. My skin is a bit sensitive so this could be why. I did give it to my mum (in her late 50’s with dry skin) to try and she had no issues with it at all.

Bottom line: if it’s the updated ingredients version you have your eyes on, then you may definitely want to ask for a sample tube first before investing in the actual full size product! For those who can still get the old version and were happy with it – go stock up quick before its gone!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

shade was a deal breaker. got light to medium and it was pinkish gray. idk why the asian brands make their bb creams that odd tone....maybe it would look nice if you are super cool toned. i am neutral but i prefer a bit of yellow rather than pink to cancel redness on my face.