Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++
Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.8

This product seriously broke me out, it block my pores which result in a large area of small but intensive acne around my chins and temples, wouldn't recommend it to acne-prone skin.

on 6/1/2014 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I went to Sephora asking for some samples of sweat-proof foundation. When I posted on thie message board, a user recommended this. I tend not to like BB Creams very well, because they give almost no coverage. But I was willing to give a try. So I got a sample of this from Sephora.

I really don't like this BB cream. There are a few reasons why. First, this comes in only one shade. It claims to be for every skintone. But I don't think it really is. The cream itself is almost a greyish color. When I first applied it, it looked AWFUL. It basically made me look like I was dead. Given a little time, it did adjust somewhat to my skin, but I've had much better color matches with other foundations.

2nd, I would describe this as sheer to light coverage. It is definitely NOT medium coverage. Due to a genetic disease, I have a lot of redness and small bumps on my face. They make me self-conscious, so I like to cover them up. But I don't want to look like I'm wearing a ton of makeup. Even after applying two layers, you could still clearly see the redness under the makeup.

I also think that this is way overpriced. In my opinion, it's not even mediocre.

If you are someone who needs very little coverage, I would recommend this BB cream. But if you have anything you want to hide, this simply won't do the trick. You are better off looking elsewhere. I will probably end up throwing away the sample, and will not purchase a full-sized bottle.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

No coverage what so ever. I will never purchase this. I received a decent size sample of this & tried it over a few days. Didn't help w/my oily ness and I need some sort of coverage but this didn't offer that.

Ok I was going to wait until payday to just purge and buy this as I have seen so many great reviews on it. For reference I am nc15-nw15 I could go either as I have yellow and some pink in my skin. I have been looking for the #1 best BB cream that offers medium coverage that does not break me out. I've tried several so far ranging from Missha, to BRTC, & Skin79 while out of those I found the missha cho bo yang so far the best one but for some reason every time I use it my skin is never blemish free? I didn't feel like it was breaking me out persay but I always had some small blemish here and there with it. Well I was walking in the mall a few days ago and thought hey doesn't sephora have the dr jart? I could try a sample see if I really like it before buying it like I planned on payday. SO GLAD I GOT THE SAMPLE before wasting a penny purging on buying it. For starters its either extremely orange or very pink? My face looked like an oompa loompa. The worst part was there was no coverage whatsoever! It felt like I was putting water on my face. This is worse than a tinted moisturizer, I feel a tinted moisturizer would offer more coverage then this and that's saying a lot! I don't know how anybody can use this and have it cover anything on their face. The only thing I can attribute for a lippie is the very elegant, nice packaging. Total fail and disappointment!

on 6/6/2012 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had such high hopes for this product and was especially intrigued by the SPF45. I have very fair skin with a slight pink tinge. I was given a sample at Sephora and this morning applied it. I wasn't bothered by the feeling of putting liquid paste on my face but I was so disappointed to see my face getting PINK and I do mean pink. I waited thinking the shade would change but it did not. I now have a very pink face next to my white neck. I don't think Sephora carries the Dr. J product that comes in different shades. Even though that product isn't SPF45, I'd give it a try. I'm so disappointed - back to SPF moisturizer, then primer, then foundation.
*********************************************************
A couple hours later, I looked in the mirror. The pink had subsided a lot. But the makeup was too dark - a definite difference between face and neck. I stopped into Sephora and asked the "expert" what she thought and her response was it's too dark. She then showed me SmashBox's BB Camera Ready in "Fair". It's SPF35. I took a sample and will try it tomorrow. So I still would not buy Dr. J but will hope for the best with SB. SPF35 isn't as good as SPF45 but it's better than a lot of other stuff. By the way, SB BB came in (I think) six shades. Fair was the lightest.

on 4/13/2012 5:17:00 PM

I'm glad that this product worked for a lot of people.
However, I think this product totally broke me out and does not look as natural on my skin tone (it has a slightly pinkish under tone that does not match really well with myolive skin tone).

on 10/21/2011 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this as it serves many purposes in one shot and makes my face look fabulous.
The color may seem a bit odd looking when dispensed but it goes on my fair skin beautifully. I have no need for foundation as this one does the job. Along with the anti-aging benefits and the high SPF, this is definitely a winner in my book and I'm hooked. Those with darker skin tones or are super fair, this may not work for you. But for those of you that are mid to fair-medium, this will work great. Although this is in the "Primer" category, it serves many more purposes than a lone primer. It gives enough coverage for myself that I don't need foundation/make up among other things.
***Edit: Not sure what it is but this doesn't work for me anymore and I really don't like it. The color now seems off for my face and makes me look like I have "something" on. My goal at 42 years old: Less is more. I don't need something so heavy as it will accentuate every flaw on my face. This seems to do just that, not sure what has changed but it just doesn't work for me anymore.

on 9/14/2017 5:25:00 PM

I really love the effect of this product on the skin. Great SPF included. I used it alone or mixed with my EL DW Light foundation and it looks perfect. Unfortunately it caused some irritation/small acne bumps on me. I try it many times but they appeared always after I use it :-((

on 4/30/2017 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

First off, I cannot rate the packaging since I don't own it and only got a Sephora sample. I can rate the product itself and it didn't wow me. The shade range is TERRIBLE. The light tone is super pink based - not even close to neutral. I opted for the darker tone, as it was much more golden, but it was too dark. It looked very mask like and I was unable to blend it in a way that looked right with my neck. Unfortunately, this is enough to be a deal breaker, as if the shade looks bad it doesn't matter how well the product works or doesn't work. I went ahead and wore it for a bit to be able to comment on other aspects. It did look nice (other than the color mismatch) and left skin nicely moisturized. It was slightly tacky, but a little powder would solve that. It didn't settle in creases or cling to dry patches. It definitely didn't have much coverage - it evened skintone out, but didn't cover any discoloration. It also caused some irritation/small acne bumps on me. I think this brand and I aren't compatible due to the essential oils - they seem to make my skin inflamed with tiny bumps. If you have sensitive or reactive skin I'd be careful with this product and brand.

on 10/25/2016 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is clogged my pores, acne prone skin would not be happy with this:) and if ur oily dont even thing this worth of ur money! This is good for people that has normal skin to dry skin! I used to love this but since my face keep breakouts!:(