Max Factor False Lash Effect Fusion

Max Factor False Lash Effect Fusion

3.7

on 5/13/2016 12:12:00 PM

Holy Grail mascara! I've used this for years and years, and it outperforms every high end mascara I've tried. It lengthens, it builds volume, it holds curl... What more can one ask for? I've never had problems with smudging or flaking with this, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. It lasts a long time without drying up as well, which can be a problem with some mascaras. Love it!

on 1/8/2016 11:51:00 AM

This is my holy grail mascara. I haven't tried too many, though. This is probably my third tube of mascara after a Lakme mascara and a Revlon one. I wasn't too mascara-savvy when I bought those two. I don't remember how they performed and didn't wear them quite often. I bought this one after watching one of Sam Maria's (beautycrush) videos. She had featured the 'false lash effect' but the store in my city didn't carry it so I went with the fusion mascara because my wedding was a few days away and I wanted a good mascara for occasions where I do my own make up. I hate it at the end of the day to remove mascara and so I usually wore mascaras only on special occasions. But with this one I'm wearing it to work everyday- but just one coat. I have quite good lashes but not Kardashian-long - they are dense and medium long - both upper and lower eyelashes. I find that this mascara opens up the eyes a great deal without even lining your eyes. You can just apply a 2-3 coats and your eyes instantly opens up. This does not clump but be sure to shake it before use. One day after a few months of use I found the mascara to be creamy and difficult to apply. I'm not sure if they advise this but I shake it before use. I don't curl my lashes but after applying mascara I use the same brush to lift them up by brushing a few more times without extra product. I find that it stays that way for the day and does not droop. It does not clump, does not fall off from eyelids and applies evenly on lids. The wand is very good for applying at inner and outer corners. I purchased the black shade. It is a pitch black - remains that way after drying. Easy to remove too. I usually use coconut oil to remove anything I apply on my eyes - liner and mascara . It comes off easily with one drop of oil. I've also tried removing with Clarins cleansing milk. Comes off fully with two swipes. Very good mascara for medium length lashes. I'm not sure if this lengthens but it more than does the job for me - volumizes, gives a velvety pitch black color to my lashes, lashes do not droop and does not clump/fall off.

To Read all 55 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/15/2015 12:32:00 PM

This is a very unremarkable mascara:

it adds a little length and volume, but not much
it flakes during the day, so I have to brush away flecks every time I look in the mirror
it will run if it comes into contact with water

It doesn't clump, which is nice, but it certainly won't make you look like you're wearing false lashes, and there are many better mascaras which are much cheaper than this.

I've had this for months now and I've barely touched it. Every time I force myself to try and get some use out of this I remember why I never reach for it.

The formulation is very thick and it takes forever to apply. I build and build and build this stuff on for ages and the end result, after about 50 coats, is something a good mascara would accomplished with three strokes. Once I've spent several minutes applying this I see that it does give a bit of volume, but it does nothing in terms of length.

I haven't noticed anything particular in the smudging/wear during the day, so I guess I have to put this in the same category as most of the other drugstore mascaras I've tried: nothing great.

The only positive thing I would have to say is that it does not clump, and it looks good on the bottom lashes. I always have trouble applying too much on the bottom lashes making them way to thick and clumping together (giving that "creepy doll"-effect).

Pros:
- Doesn't clump

Cons:
- Takes forever to apply
- Has virtually no lengthening effect (no more than any other mascara I've tried, at least)
- Not really buildable to any great volume effect either

Bottom line: I would say this gives more of a natural look, but it's not worth spending an eternity applying mascara just to make it look like you've barely put any on.

on 10/10/2015 12:58:00 PM

awful , it clumps and its just unbearable , i was disappointed i prefer the original flase lash effect

I was disappointed with this. There seem to be loads of good reviews of it online.

Pros
Non clumpy
Smart packaging in a nice colour
Decent brush - nice size.

Cons
Cannot tell I am wearing it! (I have brown lashes for the record but every other mascara you can tell Im wearing it!) Huge con obviously. Even after a few coats.
Not lengthening
Definitely not volumising
Expensive - not worth it if it was cheap!

on 3/4/2014 5:07:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This one is my favorite absolutely! I've tried so so many different mascaras, actually I always want to try new products but when it comes to mascaras I come back to this one every time. Because it's just simply the best. Gives great volume without massive clumps, looks very defined. Also lenghtens, not to colossal heights, but enough. In addition it rinses well with just water, but doesn't shake off by the day. Simply wonderful.

This mascara volumizes really well. As for length, it doesnt do much.

on 12/5/2013 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm neutral on this one, though when I first bought it, I liked it. It doesn't seem to clump and gives me lots of volume. As far as lengthening goes, it doesn't do that much, but that isn't something I usually fuss over in a mascara. It works well with a heated eyelash curler (i.e. doesn't seem to melt too much). One thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't really hold a curl, which is very important to me when choosing mascaras. That's why I give it only 4 lippies instead of 5.

on 5/23/2013 8:46:00 AM

This does not really lengthen the lashes. But if you both paint the top and the back of your lashes, it can do. Still, if not half as good as Loreal Telescopic.

It does not clump, and does not dry once you put it right away in seconds, which is good because you can apply it for a second or a third time (and you will need it if you don't aim a no-makeup look).

When I look myself in the mirror after applying 8-9 hours ago, I see that it doesn't look as good as when I applied it. Your lashes look less black and much less less long.

Packaging is cute (the wand is thick and plump) however I don't find it comfortable whilst putting it on.