Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.3

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

on 5/3/2011 1:32:00 AM

I have been using this gel-based moisturiser together with Neutrogena's Alcohol Free Toner for a month. Both products seem to work well together. For hygiene purpose, I emptied a portion of the moisturiser into a separate container to prevent contamination within the entire pot.

Pros:
- it didnt cause me any breakout [note: my skin is very prone to breakouts]
- cheap
- has a refreshing scent
- oil free hence ideal for my oily T zone
- makeup stays longer [ I apply moisturiser first, before primer and powder foundation]

Cons:
- leaves a slight sticky texture

on 5/3/2011 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

So I just bought this product recently because I have really dry skin.
It does not have the chemical smell most cosmetics do and it really hydrates my skin really really well, I did notice that if II applied to much, it dried out my skin along my nose but other than that, I love this product and its worth its price

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Since I have started using a new facial cleanser, my skin which was usually very oily and without a dry patch in sight has turned into combination skin. i have horrible dry patches around the corner of my mouth and around the nose. since the cleanser actually works in reducing my acne, i'm reluctant to change it and hence i figure i would change the moisturizer instead. since my regular moisturizer is not moisturizing enough to hydrate my dry patches, so i have been on a moisturizer hunt....i got this one and have been very glad that i bought it.
pros:
-very moisturizing without being gloopy and thick
-very refreshing upon application.
-oil free
-very light moisturizer yet really hydrating
-does not break me out
-it claims that oily face usually is a result of non-balance skin and that by using this your face will be less oily and shine free as it is well hydrated-and YES!! they are right..my face isnt oily anymore..weird!
cons:
-the packaging is horrible, its in a tub so its very unhygienic
-for a drug store moisturizer, its pretty pricey
-its great for oily skin girl as well...will repurchase

on 9/18/2011 9:55:00 PM

This didn't work for me at all. After only two days of using it, this gave me pimples all over my face!

on 12/20/2011 11:13:00 AM

I have repurchased this product 3 times. I love how moisturising it is but it has a weird silicon feeling to it so I decided to stop using it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just bought it recently and I love the consistency, it feels really nice on the face. Since it has still been less than a month since Im using this so I can't really tell if this gel is safe for acne prone skin. Did a research on the ingredients and found out that the gel is pretty much non-comedogenic except for the butylene glycol it contains in it which might be slightly comedogenic with a level of 1.

The packaging is very nice, pretty blue. But since it is in a tub form, it seems to be unhygienic.

Overall I will repurchase it if it doesn't break me out

on 2/1/2012 2:46:00 AM

In general, the product was just okay for moisturizing for me. I felt it wasn't bad, as the gel absorbed well, but the moisturizing effect didn't last that long. Also, I noticed that the ingredients list contained parabens again. :( I wasn't a big fan of the chemical smell either.

on 3/26/2012 1:47:00 AM

I bought this in the summer while I was in Hong Kong, and I barely wore it because it was way too thick. Decided to use it again now I'm in Canada and my skin is extremely dry during winter time. It does an excellent job of moisturizing and making my skin look radiant but after an hour, my face just looked greasy. I've been breaking out into small pimples all over my face and I'm 100% sure it's due to this moisturizer. I wouldn't recommend it.

on 5/20/2012 11:42:00 PM

Light texture and has a cooling sensation upon application. This product is great for those with oily/combination skin types because it absorbs easily and does not leave behind a greasy finish. It also does not irritate my sensitive/rosacean skin. Overall, a good hydrating moisturizer and reasonably priced.

on 7/12/2012 10:55:00 PM

I ran out of laneige water bank gel and my sister has been using this, so I took some to try. And to my surprise, it absorbed so well into the skin, without leaving the greasy feel. I dont understand why someone said this was thick, because it feels so lightweight, I actually felt this was even better than my laneige.

I am acne-prone, combi skin, so this works well. I meant it work well, because it did not agitate any acne to form. I believe this is wallet-friendly compared to laneige too.

Def gonna repurchase! And this is gonna replace my laneige water bank gel.