Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Neutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.5

Updated (11/2016): Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Dimethicone, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Laureth-7, Carbomer, Fragrance, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, C12-14 Pareth-12, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylisothiazolinone, Copper Gluconate, Blue 1Old:Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth-12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My new favorite moisturizer. It came out of nowhere. I saw the packaging and thought this stuff has to be good so I just paid it and it was so worth it. I have combo skin. Tried the types of moisturizers: - for oily skin - for combo - rose water - glycerin + water (+rose water sometimes) - a dupe to this (drugstore) - vaseline - coconut oil. Nothing of these convinced me to repurchase or reuse them as moisturizers. This one will be my first choice for spring/summer because it feels to refreshing, you think you just took it from the fridge. I feel good after application. My skin feels hydrated, fresh and prepared for makeup. I could skip primer with this since I use silicone based foundations (yes, this moisturizer is basically just silicone, too) but I always want to be in the safe side. Overall, give it a try. You need not much as usual (I only can speak for combo skin, though).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought this product looking for a gel that wouldn't be heavy on my very oily skin... It delivers good moisturise, feels lovely and cool on skin and sinks in right away... but as the day went on I very quickly got oily and this did nothing to mattify. Also the packaging is pretty unhygienic, so I won't be repurchasing.

on 3/27/2017 12:06:00 PM

This might be a new HG product for me! I only bought this because I found it on sale, because it's pricey for a drugstore product. And there's also the jar packaging, which I hate. But, I found myself in need of a new night product after my skin randomly stopped feeling soft and moisturized from the oils I've been using for the last two years, and this sounded promising.

After I bought it, I saw all the negative reviews and worried I'd just wasted my money, but maybe I'm just lucky. I got this about 6 weeks ago and have used it most nights since then, usually on top of my retinol serum (which I wasn't using while my skin was very dry), and it's been a miracle worker for my skin. I had large dry patches with a lot of flaking that never seemed to go away or be helped by anything, and my skin just looked dull and dry. The first night I used this, I felt an almost immediate difference, and when I woke up the next day, my skin looked more hydrated and smooth.

I love the texture of this stuff, and it blends into my skin so easily. I love that because I have really sensitive skin, and anything that I have to really work into my skin always leaves it feeling tender. This absorbs fairly quickly with minimal rubbing. I've used it under my eyes with no irritation, either. I think I read reviews that mentioned a fragrance, but I don't think it has much of a smell.

Now, I still get a little dry (possibly hormonally), but nothing like before. My makeup goes on smoother and looks better, my skin feels better, it looks better, and my only complaint is the jar. Unless I develop a negative reaction to this at some point, I will definitely repurchase it when I run out.

on 3/26/2017 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Pros:
- Relatively inexpensive
- Makes skin feel smooth
- Smells nice

Cons:
- Strong fragrance could be irritating to sensitive skin
- Caused breakouts
- Unhygienic packaging

on 3/21/2017 10:46:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I was so disappointed in trying this gel. The label claims to quench my skin and keep it looking smooth and supple and hydrated day after day. This is simple NOT true. My skin was dry a scaly, had patches of dry flakes in my cheeks under the yes and on my for head, I didn't want to spend so money for it to begin with. Its pretty color, feels cool and easy to apply, but that's all it does. The name Neutrogena is suppose to be a trust worthy company and product, but not on this one.

on 3/8/2017 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I am so disappointed that this product did not work for me. I have oily skin that is a little drier in the winter, but I still never have flaking skin. I used this product for one month and my forehead began to get dry and flaky. I was so confused as to what it was, I thought maybe my foundation is getting old. Then one day I wore it alone, with no makeup or any other products and I realized that it wasn't my skin that was dry! The product itself was literally flaking off my skin!!

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else and I kept trying to make it work, because surely I can't be the only person out of THOUSANDS that this product doesn't work for. But alas I am.

If you have oily skin and all of a sudden start getting dry patches after using this product, please know it's the product flaking off your skin, not dry skin.

Looks like it's back to Coco butter for now

on 2/23/2017 9:58:00 AM

I feel like the packaging is misleading. Looks like there is tons of product but there really isn't.
I would say it's only good if you have really oily skin or if it's hot where you live, otherwise it won't really work.
I had dried patches for weeks and no matter how much of this I applied it didn't moisturizer my skin at all.

on 2/22/2017 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As a human oil well who still gets dry patches around my acne, it can be pretty hard to find a reliable moisturizer. I had been using Hada Labo Skin Plumping Gel Cream, but when I ran out I decided to try this product since it seemed similar. It doesn't feel quite as moisturizing as the Hada Labo cream, but overall it's a very similar product for a few dollars less. It has a light texture and no scent, and the hyaluronic acid keeps me pretty well moisturized and never leaves me feeling greasy. It's also never broken me out (any more than I usually break out, anyway). I still get some tiny dry patches, but I use a lot of topical acne medications, so I don't blame the dryness on this moisturizer. Overall, it's a solid product for anyone with oily skin.

When I first purchased this product I didn't have high hopes because of all the negative reviews that I saw for it, however I was amazed at how well this made my skin look and feel!

Let me just say that I have extremely sensitive, break out prone skin, that is normal/dry and I get oily around sides of my nose and chin. I also get scaly dry patches on cheeks and forehead.

I mainly used this moisturizer during the daytime because I use a heavier moisturizer at night. I would wash my face and then apply this before I would put makeup on. This creates like the perfect base for makeup, it felt so soothing and cold when first applied but absorbs into the skin quite quickly and leaves such a smooth silky feeling on my skin and allows my foundation to set on top without showing any of my dry patches. I absolutely love this moisturizer! I have since ran out of it and I'm not so sure if it would be moisturizing enough during these winter months where my skin is at its worst but during the sunmer/fall time it worked just perfectly!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really disliked this. It smells like toilet cleanser, doesn't moisturize, gave me a breakout on my nose where I never breakout. It is not gentle either. Just feels unpleasant to use. Complete waste of money.