Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Neutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.4

Updated (11/2016): Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Dimethicone, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Laureth-7, Carbomer, Fragrance, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, C12-14 Pareth-12, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylisothiazolinone, Copper Gluconate, Blue 1Old:Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth-12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Just bad. Tried a sample of it and of course broke out everywhere (I have severe cystic adult acne and everything breaks me out, and this was still bad). You read hylaronic acid and think moisturizing, but this "moisturizer" is literally just a ton of silicones with a very, very small percentage of hylaronic acid. It's like putting foundation on your face and leaving it there without washing it off (most foundations are silicone based). Ingredients matter, y'all, and silicones are not designed to have any long term moisturizing effects on the skin, but rather act as a barrier between your skin and the elements. That's why this product could have been good if they had combined the silicones with more quality moisturizing ingredients, but as it stands, it's kind of a rip off. Of course it makes your skin feel smooth at first, but it doesn't have any actual moisturizing properties. Save your money.

The jar is pretty, though, and I'm fine with the smell.

on 1/15/2018 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this product a few weeks ago after hearing about how moisturizing the product is meant to be, as I have very dry, sensitive skin. I thought this product would be perfect for me. Used product for a week or so with no issues at all. Applied product one evening last week and felt a severe burning sensation, all over my face. My skin then began to feel very tight and painful to touch. One week on and my skin is still incredibly sore with very dry, peeling patches all over my face. It has made me breakout and left my skin feeling worse than before I had started using the product. It has been a more than a week now and I feel I may have to go to the doctor as it doesn't seem to be clearing up at all. I would not recommend this product if you have sensitive skin, it contains silicone and is heavily perfumed. Just wish I had read some reviews before purchasing, hope my skin clears up soon.

This is a no no.

It did moisturize my skin a bit but in return it gave me strange bumps and left a heavy feeling. Definitely stay away if you have sensitive skin.

on 1/2/2018 7:37:00 PM

Non comedogenic and oil free; perfect for oily acne prone skin

on 10/25/2017 3:51:00 AM

İt is drugstore product but it works. İ will rebuy again.. İ have combo oil skin. This cream absorbed quickly. Good performance for price.

on 10/21/2017 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have tried high and low end night creams for the past two weeks, and none of them does what this does. I use the Hydro Boost face wash and then I put this on after and my skin is healthy and balanced and glowing.

on 10/18/2017 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have rosacea/sensitive skin and this broke me out after one application (used it once a day for a week).
I liked the texture and feel of the gel, but sadly I had to give it away.

I had really high hopes for this moisturiser after reading it was suitable for acne prone skin and wouldn't clog pores. However this broke me out almost immediately on the same day as I wore it. Although it feels nice initially on the skin, it doesn't combine with foundation amazingly and I also got some pilling where I must have put too much gel on...
Fragrance doesn't bother me and neither does packaging if the product is good!
Not worth the price tag if you have acne prone/sensitive skin in my opinion.

on 10/3/2017 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

my HG moisturizer. i tried the night concentrate after my skin started peeling in the winter (even tho i had oily skin!) and it worked fantastic. this one is just as good but it in the summer. this is a good dupe for tarte's drink of h2o except this one is dirt cheap. will repurchase as a drugstore moisturizer.

on 9/25/2017 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

BIG NO!

I gave up using this product after 4 days of applying. I wanted to like it, cause I have been using the gel-cream version of this moisturizer for over a year and everything was fine, so I thought I should have no problem switching to the gel version, despite all the added fragance, color and silicone. However, it gave me red bumps all over my face, just when my skin nearly recovered from the previous breakout. Horrible. I guess it is the dimethicone which clogged up my pores...not sure if any other ingredient can be blamed except for this one.

Anyway, please, always do a patch test before applying anything full-face!