Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.2

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

on 3/16/2019 7:26:00 AM

I have used Neutrogena Face lotions for over 20 years, since I was in my early 20s. The best Neutrogena moisturiser I have ever used was the Multi Defence Daily Moisturiser SPF 15 for Dry/Sensitive skin (now discontinued) - this was even better than Creme de la Mer.
I just don't see the point of Neutrogena's new 'moisturisers'. The Hydro Boost City Shield SPF 25 irritated my skin and did not moisturise well. Therefore, I tried the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel: This 'moisturiser' does not even moisturise! It quickly disappeared and my skin felt dry all day, with a matt appearance as this formula is oil free. I looked 10 years older as a result.
Who at Neutrogena is making the decisions regarding which products to discontinue? Whoever is doing so is ignoring the fact that many of your loyal customers are now in their 40s and 50s and there is nothing in your new range for us. Please bring back the Multi Defence Daily Moisturiser SPF15.

I was recommended by my dermatologist to use this so I gave it more than it's fair shot. I have combination, sensitive, acne prone skin. Oily T zone, dry cheeks that are prone to getting clogged. This moisturizer stings when first applied and completely dries me out. I would wake up with dry patches on my cheeks. It feels like it's working when first applied but the feeling doesnt last & quickly dehydrates the skin.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product because I love the consistency. It makes your skin feel plump without the stickiness I found in the Hada Labo serum.

However, while most parts of my face loved this, it gave me terrible cystic acne around my cheeks. (I'm apparently allergic to Hyaluronic acid) I have an unopened jar of this that I'm not sure what to do with now. Maybe I'll try it as a foot cream.

I have combination skin with some dry patches.

Packaging:

When it comes to the packaging of the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel there is absolutely nothing to complain about it looks fantastic and it fits in every bathroom, it comes in a modern blue plastic jar, when you open it up it has a lid which is protecting the crème, so all good.

Pros:

- A soft-gel cream that goes onto the skin and dries to a silky finish.
- Soaks into the skin pretty fast
- My skin feels smooth after application

Cons and opinion:

My face looks really bad. I am not sure what happened.
Also, the fragrance is too strong. I can’t even describe it.
It was a bad choice. I think that it could be because most of the ingredients are silicon’s and it was my mistake, I didn’t look at the packaging, usually I am getting kind of an allergic reaction…

Don’t like it wouldn’t recommend it!

on 3/5/2019 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this stuff as a budget alternative to Clinique 72 hour moisture surge? whatever its called... the smell is stronger but fades quickly and I really like the consistency. I see this moisturiser as most useful in hot sweaty weather as it absorbs quickly and works well under makeup. Its not as luxe as the Clinique for me so it doesn't get the full marks but I think it does the job well. I will also use it at night when the weather is humid so I don't wake up a hot sweaty greasy mess!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Not for me. I bought this for the acid in it that was an ingredient in a much more expensive brand my friend was selling and raved about. Feels cool in the jar, dipping my finger into a watery slick gel consistency, went on nicely. I normally dismiss the reviews that say people had an adverse reaction (if it's the minority, not if the product has all negative reviews) because my skin doesn't seem very picky - usually doesn't have issues with products. But all week my eyes burned and hurt just to have open - they were uncomfortable and I found myself at work peering through half open eyes (they didn't swell or anything, it was just their way of being less bothered, by being less open - sensitive to air or light or something) and I kept thinking to myself what the heck is up with me this week, am I incredibly tired or what?? But after a full week of that feeling that way I realized it started when I began using this product - stopped using it and the feeling went away. I didn't put it in or near my eyes but clearly they didn't like something in this product. I've used it on my hands a couple times since then, but I have the body gel so that seems pointless. Probably didn't use it long enough to speak to any skin improvement (didn't see any difference during that week).

on 3/3/2019 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My oily, cystic acne prone skin has enjoyed this moisturizer. I've gone through a few jars, about one jar every month and a half. I only use it at night as the last step in my routine. Occasionally I've worn it under my sunblock during the day as well. I get dry patches in the winter time on my chin and its hard to find a moisturizer that doesn't break me out. This did the trick! It was 15.79 at Target so the price isn't bad. I do wish the packaging was better. The jar isn't my favorite because it isn't hygienic and the amount of plastic being used is downright ridiculous. Sometimes the moisturizer burns a little bit after I've used BHA or AHAs but that's probably not its fault but just FYI. I really enjoy this product. If they changed it to a tube packaging and made the water gel fragrance free it would be an absolute winner for oily skin.

on 2/23/2019 8:17:00 AM

I like this product. It is nice and light. It absorbs quickly and does not cause me to break out. It makes my skin nice and soft. I am not a fan of the jar and it has a light scent, I prefer perfume free product in a pump bottle. I don't think this does much other than keep my skin soft. You still need an sunblock.

Update: I wish they made this in an unscented formula. I have stopped using because it makes my eyes run...

on 1/18/2019 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have dry sensitive skin. This immediately soaked into my skin, but 10 minutes later it felt like I hadn't put anything on it at all, it as it was just as dry as when I finished washing and drying my face. By morning, my skin was so dry I looked 10 years older. If you're young or have oily skin you may love it as it does absorb easily and has an imperceptible clean scent, but this is going into the trash at my house.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is like Clinique's DDMG minus anything good in it (a tiny amount of Olive extract and Hyaluronic acid barely count).
I purchased this along with the matching cleansing gel as the two were on offer if purchased together. I didn't like the cleanser and I definitely do not like this. My skin broke out terribly by the 3rd day of using it at which point I checked out the ingredients list and realized almost every second ingredient was a silicone. I don't think I've ever seen so many in a product - not even a hair one!!
After reading so many good reviews on this I purchased on a whim, completely forgetting about DDMG and its silicones being the culprit behind my flakey and bumpy skin some years back. This did the same, but worse and much quicker!
If you're good with silicones and normal to oily/combination then this might work for you. If you aren't then steer well away from this one.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream