Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Neutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.5

Updated (11/2016): Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Dimethicone, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Laureth-7, Carbomer, Fragrance, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, C12-14 Pareth-12, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylisothiazolinone, Copper Gluconate, Blue 1Old:Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth-12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1.

on 7/18/2017 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin that becomes even more oily when i wake up, spend time under the sun and before going to bed. I must say that this product really saved my life. I put it on 2 times a day and it quickly reduces my shiny oily look and moisturizes. I love the smell too, its not that disturbing. I used to use primers as make up base but after discovering this miracle, Neutrogena Water Gel is now my #1 primer. I almost finished mine and I am sure I will buy it again.

I also loved other Hydro Boost products too, they are all worth it.

on 6/21/2017 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Why does this smell like a public toilet?

Seriously the smell is awful. I also don't trust how beneficial this is for the skin. Its fast absorbing which is convenient in the morning but I prefer a moisturizer which I know is packed with beneficial ingrediants/antioxidants. I feel like even the Ha in yhis is minimal.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This stuff is okay as a moisturizer. It doesn't hydrate as much as I think it should, especially for the price. $20 is too much for this little from a drugstore product! It smells really good, and it has a nice texture. These are probably my favorite things about the product. Overall, I would recommend researching a bit more before you spend the money on this, it's not really worth it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this so much. I am 47 and still have very oily skin, but now have dry patches as well. I need some moisture, but nothing greasy. I have fits with greasiness under makeup. I loved the way this performed. It absorbed quickly and added moisture without greasiness or making my skin oily. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, my skin started to itch and got mosquito-bite like whelps. Something in this doesn't agree with my skin, maybe the fragrance. I tried the Garnier brand product that is similar with no problems. My husband used it with the same reaction. My son is using it and loves it, so if you are not sensitive to it, lucky you!

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I really like this as a product, I'm lucky that's it is frequently on sale though, as I personally have to apply quite a bit of product on the very dry patches of my combo skin. That said though, it has been absolutely fabulous for my skin- I was having some breakout issues in the last couple of months and switching to this gel moisturiser has put a stop to it. Zero spots since I started using it about a month back, which I am very happy with. It also seems to work better with my foundations (both silicone and water based) than a cream on my more oily areas.

For people who do have very dry patches like myself (Or just very dry skin overall) I would say this alone might not be moisturising enough- But I combine it with AHA exfoliant pads and it's more than enough to keep dry, flakey skin at bay for me.

on 6/2/2017 2:30:00 PM

I'm surprisingly in love with this entire line. While on vacation in Hawaii, my skin got very dry and this fixed the issue within a few days. I've already returned home and repurchased. It's think so easily worn in warm weather and under makeup. Very happy with this product.

on 5/25/2017 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i love this product it is amazing it saved my life. I have very oily skin with dry patches this helped me. I love it. it does not lake me beak out. It hydrates my skin.

on 5/18/2017 2:22:00 AM

This has a nice texture & smell similar to Aloe Vera gel but that's about it. At first it seems nice & soothing but minutes later the effect is gone, this does not hydrate dry skin. It even stung a bit when I applied it!? Would not recommend this at all.

on 5/10/2017 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I like that it is a gel texture, it feels very fresh on the skin, now, it isn't the most moisturizing , but in spring and summer, it is fine.l.in winter, might not be enough..the smell isn't an issue for me.li would think it is the perfect moisturizer for normal to combination skin,,,it is like Clinique moisture surge, same texture, now the Clinique is more moisturizing in the long run..so if your skin needs moisture , go with the Clinique.

on 4/30/2017 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Truth be known, I have never been a "moisturizer". I've had oily skin my whole life, and the thought of more "stuff" sitting on my face (including foundation) is such a turn-off. I've only made sunscreen an exception; I will wear it and suffer through the feel of it for protecting my skin because I'm outdoors so much.

That being said, my skin has felt and looked more parched lately because I've been using Retin A for 9 months. I tried coconut oil, Eucerin, Vaseline Deep Moisture, Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair and just end up with pimples because they're all too heavy. (Generally speaking, I never break out. My skin lets me know right away when something isn't right for it.)

I've been looking into a hyaluronic acid moisturizer to replenish my skin without heavy oils or emollients. This Hydro Boost water gel is pretty awesome: it is light and moisturizing and my skin just drinks it up. I don't feel like I've got a layer of product sitting topically on my face. My skin looks good: calm, supple, hydrated, not shiny. I only wish I had found this when I started my Retin A when I was peeling like crazy!

Yeah yeah, some reviewers here complain about the unhygenic jar packaging... I just use a small butter knife and scoop some out of the jar. Some other reviewers also say that product is "expensive for a drugstore moisturizer". Hydro Boost is not your typical liquified wax lotion in a 1 litre plastic bottle. I say this is easily worth the $20 CDN.

I'll update my review after a few weeks of wear and mixing with powder foundation, BB cream on top = )