Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.3

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

on 9/28/2018 11:18:00 PM

I really want to like this. The texture is pleasant, it doesn't cause me to break out, and the price is right. However, it has a very strong fragrance that I just cannot get past. And the fragrance takes a while to dissipate even once applied, so I can smell it on my face. I'm sad to say the jar went in the trash before I'd used half of it because I just couldn't deal with the fragrance.

It feels very much like Clinique's Moisture Surge (regular, not MS Intense), maybe just a tiny bit stickier/slower to absorb. But there's that fragrance. If you can get past that it's a great product for normal/combination skin that doesn't want a heavy moisturizer.

on 9/19/2018 1:09:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I tried this moisturizer when getting my makeup done by my MUA friend. The texture of this moisturizer is typical to gel moisturizers and the viscosity is a little runny (I recommend sitting this product right-side-up if you buy it online, so all the product sits down and nothing spills). One thing that saddens me about this product is that it is around $20 USD; this is why I won't repurchase.

I have used up 3 tubs of this product. I find this product runs out after around 2 months with daily use. This product comes in a tub, I find nothing is wasted. This DOES have a scent and I like it a lot; it goes away upon application. If you have tried Neutrogena's Hydro Boost face mask, then it's the same exact scent. It takes a minute or two to dry. I have experimented a lot with this moisturizer. My face has combination skin; oily t-zone and dry on my cheeks. This moisturizer can be light-weight, and you can easily apply too much. A little goes a long way and ESPECIALLY for oily skin. If that's not enough, you can always layer on more.

This moisturizer is oil-free so it often under-performs for the dry areas of my skin. This is a huge con; I often have to add oil to the moisturizer for my face. For those with dryer skin, this may not be what you're looking for. (This combination of moisturizer-and-oil also works well with this product; the gel moisturizer binds to the oil well. I have not applied oil to the whole tub, but instead apply to the small amount I need; because my combination skin requires me to use the product as-is.)

I do have ONE sensitive area on my face. This product does make the area around my nostrils burn if I apply A LOT. This area is the most sensitive area of my face, it happens with most products. I put a little put on.

Do I recommend this product? Yes, for normal-to-oily-skin. No for dry skin. :)

on 9/15/2018 7:02:00 PM

I've used up my jar of this, i used it as my daytime moisturiser with sunscreen applied after it set on the daily. I have dry skin, and because of my age, my issues are eye wrinkles, drying skin and sun damage.

It did the job, it moisturised my skin and my skin remained hydrated throughout the day.

My issue was the texture/formula. Its lightweight, and it needs time to set. Which meant of a morning in order to get this to work for me I had to apply the moisturiser, then go have breakfast, then apply sunscreen. If I didn't allow this product at least 5 minutes to soak in before applying the next product, i had problems with products moving all over the place. Since I work and I have a life, I'm not interested in spending an hour getting ready by waiting for products to soak into my skin before applying the next layer. Its not a product for the time poor woman.

I also think its not a product for mature or dry skin, i think its more suited to young oily skin that needs hydrating but doesn't want something that will clog pores. At my age, I prefer a more moisturising product rather than a hydrating product like this. So, if you have hours and hours to get ready of a morning, don't work, don't have responsibilities, have oily break out prone skin - you may like this.

on 9/11/2018 4:39:00 PM

This has been my go to moisturizer before makeup for about a year. I would try to moisturize with creams, but it was too heavy for my oily skin and wouldn’t sink in quickly enough for mornings I needed to get to work on time. Basically - oil slick by 10 AM when I attempted to apply makeup after my cream moisturizer. It was so bad I stopped moisturizing before makeup. I just put the cream on at night and let my natural oils do whatever the next morning.

Now, I am able to put this product on to hydrate and plump my skin, leave it for about 10 minutes, and apply makeup that looks really nice over it!

Seeing the other reviews this product will either irritate your skin or not. Thank goodness I have not had any breakouts and I have pretty sensitive skin (for instance I personally can’t use the high-end “Drunk Elephant Baby Facial” because it clogs my skin like crazy!!!).

I would recommend people to at least try (especially my oily brothers and sisters) because it’s an economical find that works amazing on some people. Maybe just do a patch test on your forehead and keep the receipt!

on 9/10/2018 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm pretty surprised by the negative reviews! But like a previous more positive review, I'm writing with reference to the fragrance-free extra-dry skin variety. My skin gets very dry, even in desperately humid/hot/miserable summer weather, and sometimes the thought of using a regular moisturizer is way too much. Creams never really sink in, and the oil I use in the AM isn't quite right for overnight moisture either. I bought this in a panic when it was about 97 degrees out and I was trying to avoid going back to my un-air conditioned apartment. All in all, I have been happy. The texture is really pleasant, smooth and cool, but it sinks in very quickly and doesn't leave any kind of filmy residue, and it doesn't make me look like a greased pig 35 seconds later. My skin hasn't seemed to have had any adverse reactions to it, no bumps, no breakouts.

As with most people, pots of product are not my favorite by any means, but the wide mouth makes it easy to get a dollop without too much work, and as long as you've washed your hands, it shouldn't be too concerning. I don't think I will continue using this as my PM moisturizer once the weather changes, as I definitely need something stronger for winter, but as a lighter weight/summer product, it has been a great addition to my routine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I used it once and my forehead became a brillo pad of clogged pores. I've never has such an immediate strong reaction that wasn't irritation - it's like they designed a product specifically to clog pores and make your skin look bumpier.

The smell is strong enough that my boyfriend thought I put on perfume before bed, I wouldn't say it's a bad smell, but it's so intense that I almost - almost - didn't put it on my face.

Curology recommended this product and I actually emailed them, because (without hyperbole) this is the worst $20 I've ever spent on beauty.

on 9/5/2018 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I liked the texture but this irritated my skin and always gave me a burning sensation whenever I used it. It also did not hydrate my skin at all. Do not recommend for dry & sensitive skin. Also has a strong smell I didnt like.

on 8/26/2018 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have oily skin and this stuff really makes a difference. I even notice that when I put it on before bed I am less oily in the morning. It hydrates my dry spots and leaves my skin feeling supple and smooth. I love gel moisturizers and this one is great for the price.

Used for a month or two and definitely noticed this product clogged my pores for sure, it moisturized well but not worth the blackheads and clogged pores!

This product didn't do much to moisturise my skin. I though I needed to apply more but then it broke me out ridiculously. It does feel nice and cooling on your face and spreads far but doesn't do it's job. Now I have loads of clogged pores all over my face that I need to deal with. The packaging is nice but not very hygienic.