Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.3

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not sure what all the negative reviews are about here! For reference, the one I am reviewing is the one for "extra dry skin" that is fragrance free. I have combination acne-prone skin with some dry patches. I also hate the feeling of heavy or greasy moisturizers. When my skin was more oily, I loved the Clinique DDMG. This is my daily morning moisturizer and I love it so much. It doesn't break me out or clog my pores, it sinks in immediately, doesn't irritate my skin and is just all around awesome. I took off one lippy because it really isn't the most moisturizing, but it does the job. I would recommend this product to someone looking for a light moisturizer with combination or normal to oily skin.

on 7/9/2018 10:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I do not have sensitive skin or skin that "reacts" often to products but it did to this.
Something is in this thats just not good and i do not know what it is. I am so surprised this gets rav reviews and is always quotes in mags. Total fail for me.

on 6/27/2018 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Worst product ever!burnt my skin and dried it out to the point of rawness

on 6/26/2018 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This was not moisturising for me. My skin is normal/dry. I gave it 5 lippies for price because it does not work and that is a waste of $$$.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

The packaging is deceptive, and it's an okay price for what you get. I didn't like it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

initially i thought this moisturiser was a miracle: it applied well, absorbed really quickly and left my skin feeling smooth. it controlled my shine pretty decently too but it’s not the best. i thought i had found the replacement to a discontinued moisturiser i had been using before this. fast forward a few weeks later, i am at the end of the container and i would not repurchase this. i have many clogged pores on my forehead and it’s unsightly. i had overcome this problem using my old moisturiser and i am disheartened that it has resurfaced. as what others have said, this feels more like a primer rather than a moisturiser. the smooth application is a facade, i doubt there is any true moisturising in this product. the shine control is probably from the amount of silicones used in it. i have to say the packaging is great and looks extremely sleek for a drugstore product. scent is ok too, nothing too overpowering in my opinion. tldr, definitely not a hydrating product if you are looking for one. those with sensitive skin should be extra careful as well. proceed with caution.

on 5/17/2018 10:44:00 PM

Wow, never thought I'd love a moisturizer this much. There are very few moisturizers I use up, most are still half full. I have bought this several times, it's that good, and oh so light, cool, feels unbelievable.

on 5/10/2018 1:23:00 AM

I had crystal clear skin prior to buying this cursed product. I figured I'd give it a try, because it was around the same price as my usual moisturiser that I ran out of. I tried it on my hand at the store and it felt amazing. So I brought it home and put it on my skin, and it started to sting immediately. WITHIN A FEW HOURS I HAD RED PATCHES ALL OVER MY CHEEKS AS IF I WAS A BURN VICTIM!! Pimples also started to pop out all over my face, something that has never happened in MONTHS despite me being a teen. Folks, SAVE YOUR MONEY AND YOUR SKIN and move to a better moisturiser!!! NEVER AGAIN, NEUTROGENA! POISON FOR YOUR SKIN!

on 5/4/2018 6:53:00 PM

I’ve carefully maintained my skin for years. It’s usually very resillient and far from sensitive.
Bought this because it was “non-comedogenic and alcohol-free.”
I haven’t broken out so bad in years. First night I used this there was a light stinging sensation. Assumed it was because my skin was dry after cleansing. Second night there was no stinging but saw some peeling on my skin in the morning. Odd, but didn’t want to blame the product just yet. After the third night I broke out horribly. These days I’ll get maybe one pimple every two three weeks.
This caused clusters of pimples. My forehead, temples, cheeks, chin, nose, all the way down to my neck. I don’t even remember ever having pimples on my neck before but now I have 6-7 on my neck. All red and angry.
If you’re adamant about purchasing this then please at least patch test for several days. It’s been years since I’ve broken out in any capacity but this just left my skin a mess.

on 4/26/2018 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I usually like to go a bit more in depth with reviews but I think this one can be covered simply by: didn't moisturise, broke me out everywhere.