Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Neutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.5

Updated (11/2016): Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Dimethicone, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Laureth-7, Carbomer, Fragrance, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, C12-14 Pareth-12, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylisothiazolinone, Copper Gluconate, Blue 1Old:Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth-12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this at wal-mart right when it came out. It was pretty pricey too, comparable to some creams found at Sephora. But, I had to try it.

I used it regularly until it ran out. I thought the jar was a little deceiving for how it actually comes. It looks like there is so much in the jar, but when you open it, not that much.

I used it religiously during the day and at night as well. I like the gel-like consistency of it, and how it offers nice hydration. I need a little more to my moisturizer however, so I will only be using this in summer.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This moisturizer broke me out :( i have sensitive skin,wouldn't recommend this to anyone with oily/combination skin!

on 12/17/2016 5:11:00 PM

I live in Turkey and saw this product on sale one day. I have been looking for a good nighttime moisturizer that is lightweight and this initially attracted me. I have sensitive and acne prone skin but I have it under control, meaning my breakouts are now small and very rare. A few days after I started using this I got 3 huge cystic pimples. I got home from work and noticed them when an hour previously there had been nothing! This is very unusual for me and the next day it got worse, they were hugely inflamed and sore. I went to the derm to get cortisone shots for each of them costing me about $150. I read some of the other comments about this product noticing people getting cystic acne and one person mentioned a specific ingredient. I definitely do not recommend this product and normally I love neutrogena! I use so many of their other products. Oh, and after I stopped using this moisturizer my face went back to normal. I will not be repurchasing and it will be thrown in the trash.

The smell is so strong! It made me get a rash. I'm pretty sure it was from the fragrance. If they had added 8th of the scent, I might be able to use it. Otherwise, the moisturizer feels very smoothing and cool. As always I prefer a pump for hygiene reasons.
I ended up returning this.

on 11/29/2016 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm writing a review for the gel-cream moisturiser. Although I prefer a pump bottle it's nontheless beautifully packaged and well priced. I find it gives me just enough moisturisation but I may need something a bit creamier during the drier seasons. It's fragrance free and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all. I have combo skin too so I think this cream-gel formula works well in that it isn't too moisturising. Definitely a no no for people who have dry skin or normal to dry skin. I still don't feel that it's The One :) but overall a good product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel! It reminds me a bit of Clinque Moisture Surge in the feel of its formulation (not a dupe though). I'm in an area where there is very low humidity so my skin needs continual hydration. This product feels lightweight but the hydration is anything but! This absorbs right in and my skin feels nice to the touch afterward. I have used this morning and night after cleansing and it fit right in with other skincare and makeup application. I'm so happy not to have to resort to thick, goopy, pore clogging moisturizers! I love this product and can't imagine not using it:)

on 11/21/2016 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love this moisturizer. I previously used the Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief and have switched because I think this works better and is WAY cheaper! I found this at Costco in a 2 pack for $24.99 (which is the price for a single jar at Shoppers Drug Mart!!). The consistency is light and it fully absorbs into the skin quickly leaving a nice smooth finish that is not at all shiny. I feel like it is such a great base for applying makeup. It is moisturizing without being heavy or greasy. The only thing is that I wish the packaging was a bit more hygienic and that it had SPF in it. I have yet to try the SPF version, but it is on my list to try.

The packaging and the product inside are high end, it just happens to be made by Neutrogena and is available at your local Target. Honestly, when you are in drugstore shopping mode the price of this product CAN make your eyes pop a little, but just think about how that price stacks up next to the offerings at Sephora, Nordstrom, etc., etc. This is a beautiful lightweight yet highly quenching moisturizer featuring hyaluronic acid which is a holy grail moisturizing ingredient boasting a number of anti aging properties. I do not have dry skin, and plus this doesn't feature SPF, so it is in my routine in the capacity as my regular nighttime moisturizer. I would use this on a harsh winter day in combination with another SPF moisturizer if my skin was super parched. I have always been a fan of Neutrogena products and this a really good example of a solid one!

on 11/20/2016 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This moisturizer is amazing. I have combination skin. It is very hydrating for my skin and did not cause any irritation.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Having oily skin relegates me to gel moisturizers only which are far and few between. This moisturizer worked great on my skin and is so gentle.
- No burning sensation which is unlike typical moisturizers aimed at blemish prone skin.
- No break outs ( I even broke out with Clinique's dramatically different). It just moisturises my skin like water and I don't break out no matter how thick of a layer I put on at night which is a first.
At first I thought it didn't sink in but after using it for about 2 weeks my skin has improved dramatically.