Zoya Jules

Zoya 'Jules'

4.3

on 12/12/2012 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Jules is such a cameleon color on my NC25 skintone. Its a neutral shimmery earthy gold-taupe overall....antique golden pewter maybe? In different lighting situations it can look warm, cool, gold, grey, or beige lol! At first I wasn't sure if I liked it but after a day on my nails I was in love :) Least to say its a very unique shade. I thought the formula was fine and you get full coverage in two coats.

on 5/20/2012 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Formula is perfect on this one: not too thick, not too thin. Really pretty in the sunlight and plays very classy with my engagement ring. Wears well, highly recommended.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the most gorgeous taupey/goldy/medium champagne color. It's so unique the moment I saw it I knew I had to have it. It doesn't look like the most flattering color in the bottle, but I really love wearing it on my nails---it's actually really flattering and perfect for the fall. i am nc25ish and really liked the effect on my skin tone.
I'm also really impressed with the wear time. I had it on for an entire 6 days without any chipping--amazing. i am new to zoya, but they are definitely becoming my favorite polishes ever.

on 5/30/2011 5:30:00 AM

I didn't think that I would like this, but I got a free .25 sample in my birchbox. Once I put it on, I fell in love. It's a nice every day color and it goes with pretty much everything. I like that the glitter is fine and it doesn't leave a chunky glitter feeling on your nail.

on 4/20/2011 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I got this polish in a mini size with my April 2011 Birchbox. I thought it was the most boring one of the collection, but surprisingly, I like it! It's not your average metallic nude champagne polish. It's an antique gold shade with almost a gray undertone, that is much edgier than you would think from just looking at the bottle. Very chic and not 'old lady' at all.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

BRUSH & APPLICATION:
The brush size is medium. Smooth application with little to no streaks. Jules applies well with just one to two coats depending on personal preference. I applied two coats and topped it off with Seche Vite with no grittiness whatsoever. Just nice and smooth. I did removed one lippie for Zoya availability. I wish Zoya was sold in most stores. I purchased this from my local Ulta.

POLISH:
I would describe this shade as a taupe shade with gold and silver glitter with a slight purple undertone. This shade would go well with both warm and cool skin tones. On my medium-tan skin tone, this is a nice shade for spring. I have yet to wear it on my toes. The consistency is a bit runny, but don't be fooled, the first coat applied is not sheer at all. It is quite shimmery when applied with one coat. With two coats, it's more opaque.

WEARABILITY:
I wore Jules for about four days before I had my first chip. I wore this with a base and top coat.

REMOVAL:
I would suggest using 100 percent pure acetone to remove the glittery polish. Just make sure you wash your hands and moisturize immediately upon removal.

OVERALL:
I'm kind of on the fence with this color. I like the the polish overall. I'm just not sure if this suits my cool, tan skin tone. I have yet to try different types of polishes from Zoya. I probably wouldn't purchase this shade again.

Popular Polishes