4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

This is a pretty shatter polish and for those of you that love the For Audrey polish by China Glaze, this is For Audrey in a crackle! Tiffany blue. I love this color. It shattered well only they were more like spiderwebbing than actual cracks and peeks of real color from beneath. It was a bit thin and watery in formula and so in application this polish went on sheer and I wish it had more opacity to it. Where I was able to get it on a bit thicker it cracked well and has nice deep splits and the effect is much more pronounced. My bottle was old though and I found it in a discount bin at Sally's Beauty Supply so I don't know exactly when it was released but crackle polishes were all the rage a couple of years ago so it's probably around that time frame. I layered this over a matte black polish as a Ruffian manicure and it looks fantastic. I can't wait to try it over a gold base or other color combos. I forgot how much I loved these crackle effects until I got this on.

About reviewer (440 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

from

8 years ago

I love this colour, I wore it over a bright pink (CG flirty tankini) and it looks really good. I find it doesn't crackle as well as the Barry M pink crackle and it dries really fast, after about doing two nails the brush already started going clumpy :(

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

Basically a perfect dupe for For Audrey in colour, only the most minute difference can be seen if you look really closely. But as it's a crackle, that's a good thing. Looks great over Lemon Fizz!

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

8 years ago

This is my favorite crackle nail polish color! I really like the light blue color so I would normally just layer this over a clear nail polish. I can't really find too many colors to layer this on with without it looking weird. 4/5 Stars

About reviewer (63 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlack

8 years ago

I now own close to every China Glaze crackle there are, other than the Platinum, Medallion, and Purple. I like my Tarnished Gold for my metallic choice because it matches all my jewelry and Coach purse. I don't like the Broken Hearted because I find the only way to make it look good is to wear it plain, under only a base coat, thus is why I also didn't order the Purple. MAYBE I'M GETTING TOO OLD.LOL. I also love these, especially the Crushed Candy, over a clear base coat with a coat or two of Seche Vite on top or SH instant dri. The Tarnished Gold looks good like this too. I'm finding myself not liking my Lightening Bolt as much as I did as first. It does seem to remind one of 'White Out' and the base color used often shows through it.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Medium

8 years ago

I have several crackle polishes and this one is one of my favorites. The formula is great, it's very easy to use, and it cracks perfectly every time! I wear it over many colors, but I think it looks especially nice over greys and coppery or bronzy colors. I always put it over a day old mani, which is usually 2 coats of polish with Seche Vite over the top. In the picture I posted above I wore it over Sally Hansen Grey Area. Love it!

About reviewer (251 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

8 years ago

I have many different China Glaze and OPI crackle/shatter polishes and have found that this one didn't crackle as well as others. I don't think this is because of my application because I've got that down pat now, however, this may have just been sitting on a shelf for a while. I love this colour though, like others have said, so similar to For Audrey. I am currently wearing it over OPI "Do you lilac it?" and it looks great over purple. Looking forward to trying more combinations.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

8 years ago

Cute color, almost the same shade as For Audrey. Makes cool looking color combinations. I like it over pink. :)

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

8 years ago

Okay so winter time is here and I refuse to pay for a manicure so I bought the black China glaze to go under the crushed candy and I must say that I am in love with the combination. My nails look professionally done and I love the outcome. I would def buy this nail polish again I also did my feet as well and it looks amazing. It crackled better when I blew on it though.

About reviewer (119 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

3.0

8 years ago

This is deffinately a crackle dupe of For Audrey. It's a beautiful colour with easy aplication and nice cracking. HOWEVER: This colour looks good with FEW base colours. It looks nice over black, however, sometimes it the black can sort of show up through it and it looks a bit messy, so for that combo black crackle looks better over For Audrey. It looks nice over silver (I used SH Celeb City) but it's not very contrasting, and finally I used it over white, which although looks okay, is not something I would wear. I would not buy this again, NOT because it's bad, but because the only colour combo I really liked with it was black which looks better with black crackle over for audrey. EDIT: This crackle gets very goopy! I've only had mine maybe a month of two and only used it a couple of times NEVER leaving the lid off and it's gone all goopy, the brush is in shocking condition and it's barely workable. While this was a good polish - it does NOT keep well.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

AgeUnder 18