Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Leave-in Smoothing Cream

Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Leave-in Smoothing Cream

4.5

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Dipropylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, Lactic Acid, Petrolatum, Potassium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Adipic Acid, Gluconolactone, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Iodopropynyl, Butylcarbamate, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 7/29/2016 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I have long, curly hair that is prone to dryness and frizz. This is a lovely product that tames my frizz whilst adding a bit of shine and not weighing down my hair. I use about a quarter size dollop (or less if my hair is not super frizzy that day) and just kind of haphazardly apply it to my hair with my hands, and it works wonderfully. Unfortunately, I find that it is strongly fragranced. The fragrance itself is pleasant, but sadly I am sensitive to fragrance so it often makes me nauseous. I will not be repurchasing for that reason. However, I would recommend it as a great product to those without sensitivities to scents. I am now looking for a similar product.

on 3/4/2016 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Love this! Take care of my frizzs and makes my hair softer.

on 10/31/2015 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this a while ago but recently started using it. It's light weight on my sun damaged hair and makes it feel silky and soft again. It has a nice flowery scent which some people might find nauseating but it's not a bother for me. With this my hair doesn't feel greasy. It might get greasy if you use more than a dime size amount of this stuff. The one thing I don't like about this is that it doesn't prevent frizz and doesn't really diminish any frizz for a long period of time. If you're looking for frizz control then I don't recommend this. All in all its a nice product and I would definitely repurchase it again.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Got this product because I ran out of my LOreal Total Repair Extreme Split End Double Serum and wanted to try something new and this has a high rating. Honestly this has such a heavy perfume scent that I can't stand it. On top of that, it doesn't do anything to my hair. I can kinda feel that I have applied something on my hair, and I don't like that feeling. Won't use again, and won't buy again, given that the Loreal serum is doing a much better job than this.

on 4/3/2015 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this product over one year ago. It was a close out special at Walgreens. I must say that I have recently started using it on my blown out hair. Awesome frizz control and subtle shine. A little goes a long way. Surprising find! As a black female with 4b hair, I was not expecting much. This product exceeded expectations. Now, I am worried that it may be discontinued. I would recommend this product.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Outstanding drugstore product that (temporarily) turns coarse, frizzy, straw-like and unmanageable hair into normal-looking hair, without making its presence felt (apart from its slight fragrance). The missing piece to my not-quite-salon blow-dry puzzle.

Amazing!!!! I love this product , leaves my hair soft silky not greasy or heavy .. Smells fantastic !!!!

on 1/4/2014 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Love this stuff! I've been on the prowl for a hair treatment that's not too oily or heavy, and this stuff is it. I bought it about a month ago and use it after every shower and every night before bed. It's great because it can be applied to dry or wet hair with the same result - soft, bouncy, shiny strands!

Before this product I was using a Moroccan oil from Garnier and wasn't that impressed - it made my hair too greasy when dry so I was limited to when I could use it. I will say it gave my hair a thicker texture which I liked, but this Dove product is so much better - I think because it's a cream infused with oil, not 100% oil. It also smells amazing :)

I will be using this for now on and totally recommend to anyone!

on 7/28/2013 1:23:00 AM

A fantastic product, I have been using it almost daily for a little over a month now (tube is still pretty full even with my super long hair!!). The packaging in the ME where I live is slightly different, here it comes in a huge tube (like the express-conditioner in the US) and it says 'leave-in conditioner' (I'm 100% sure it is the same product though..meanwhile the in-shower conditioner here comes in a bottle.

Anyways, I have really LONG but fine hair that falls just below my butt. It's also been color-treated, so I have a huge tendency towards frizz, dryness and unruliness/tangles especially towards the middle and ends of my hair. I use this after every shower, whether I have washed my hair or not. Texture is great, moisturizing but not too heavy at all, sinks into your hair strands almost immediately (love that!)...perfect. I apply it along the whole length of my hair while it is still damp, concentrating on the ends, and avoiding the scalp (I have sensitive/oily scalp). Then I brush through with a wide-toothed comb and just let my hair dry naturally (I only ever blow-dry on special occasions), and once it dries, TA-DA! Soft, luscious princess locks!

This stuff is brilliant, I had 'okay' hair before, somewhat dry-ish/frizzy ends, very tangle-prone, before I came across this product, my hair would only look really good after treating it with home-made olive-oil+coconut-oil hair mask (where I would have to leave the warmed oils on my hair for 1-2 hours before washing my hair...great results, but the hassle means I only do this once or twice a month)...but now I can have great hair everyday with this tube of lusciousness, even if I get too lazy to condition in the shower! My family members are noticing too, I have been letting my hair down alot more often these days thanks to this gem. I will always repurchase :) I might also try out the in-shower conditioner as well to alternate with my Loreal Nutrigloss conditioner. As for the shampoo, I will skip, I don't need anything this moisturizing on my oily scalp.

This stuff makes my hair SO soft!!!