Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Leave-in Smoothing Cream

Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Leave-in Smoothing Cream

4.5

Water (Aqua), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethiconol, Dipropylene Glycol, Polyacrylamide, Phenyl Trimethicone, , Fragrance (Parfum), C13-14 Isoparaffin, Peg-8 Methicone, Dmdm Hydantoin, Butylene Glycol, Arginine, Lysine Hcl, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Dipropylene Glycol, C10-40 Isoalkylamidopropylethyldimonium Ethosulfate, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Disodium Edta.

I have tried drug store and high end and this my HG!

I wash my hair twice a week. A couple days after washing my hair when presumably the leave-in products have absorbed or rubbed away, the ends can start to look a bit dry and straw-like. I bought this cream to apply around then to restore the smoothness until the next washing. When the ends begin looking parched, I squeeze a bit of this into my hands, rub them together and then smooth it into the ends and wherever my hair could use it before brushing it again.

It has done a pretty good job for this use. The hair looks much healthier and more tame, without getting greasy or weighed down. It also lasts; if it's still another day before I wash my hair, I find the straw look stays away and I don't need to reapply the cream the next day. So the value is pretty good since the container is relatively large and you don't need to use much of it.

The cream has a similar fragrance to Dove's other hair products. Sort of a clean, laundry-like smell. It's very strong when you first apply it, but dissipates in a few hours.

on 7/29/2016 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I have long, curly hair that is prone to dryness and frizz. This is a lovely product that tames my frizz whilst adding a bit of shine and not weighing down my hair. I use about a quarter size dollop (or less if my hair is not super frizzy that day) and just kind of haphazardly apply it to my hair with my hands, and it works wonderfully. Unfortunately, I find that it is strongly fragranced. The fragrance itself is pleasant, but sadly I am sensitive to fragrance so it often makes me nauseous. I will not be repurchasing for that reason. However, I would recommend it as a great product to those without sensitivities to scents. I am now looking for a similar product.

on 10/31/2015 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this a while ago but recently started using it. It's light weight on my sun damaged hair and makes it feel silky and soft again. It has a nice flowery scent which some people might find nauseating but it's not a bother for me. With this my hair doesn't feel greasy. It might get greasy if you use more than a dime size amount of this stuff. The one thing I don't like about this is that it doesn't prevent frizz and doesn't really diminish any frizz for a long period of time. If you're looking for frizz control then I don't recommend this. All in all its a nice product and I would definitely repurchase it again.

on 3/4/2016 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Love this! Take care of my frizzs and makes my hair softer.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Got this product because I ran out of my LOreal Total Repair Extreme Split End Double Serum and wanted to try something new and this has a high rating. Honestly this has such a heavy perfume scent that I can't stand it. On top of that, it doesn't do anything to my hair. I can kinda feel that I have applied something on my hair, and I don't like that feeling. Won't use again, and won't buy again, given that the Loreal serum is doing a much better job than this.

on 1/4/2014 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Love this stuff! I've been on the prowl for a hair treatment that's not too oily or heavy, and this stuff is it. I bought it about a month ago and use it after every shower and every night before bed. It's great because it can be applied to dry or wet hair with the same result - soft, bouncy, shiny strands!

Before this product I was using a Moroccan oil from Garnier and wasn't that impressed - it made my hair too greasy when dry so I was limited to when I could use it. I will say it gave my hair a thicker texture which I liked, but this Dove product is so much better - I think because it's a cream infused with oil, not 100% oil. It also smells amazing :)

I will be using this for now on and totally recommend to anyone!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Outstanding drugstore product that (temporarily) turns coarse, frizzy, straw-like and unmanageable hair into normal-looking hair, without making its presence felt (apart from its slight fragrance). The missing piece to my not-quite-salon blow-dry puzzle.

Amazing!!!! I love this product , leaves my hair soft silky not greasy or heavy .. Smells fantastic !!!!

on 4/3/2015 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this product over one year ago. It was a close out special at Walgreens. I must say that I have recently started using it on my blown out hair. Awesome frizz control and subtle shine. A little goes a long way. Surprising find! As a black female with 4b hair, I was not expecting much. This product exceeded expectations. Now, I am worried that it may be discontinued. I would recommend this product.