NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp

3.7

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminum Starch Octennylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. MAY CONTAIN: Ci 77019 (Mica) / CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15850 (D&C Red 6 Na Salt), CI 15850 (D& C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI 15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI 19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

Got it online after seeing some swatches. I was expecting a nice colar kind of shade, and the tube really makes you think that the shade is actually medium colar/peachy tone. On my lips it's really bright fuchsia colour. Ugh. Doesn't really suit me at all. Disappointment, since I could've picked some other shade from the range instead of this.

Nice scent, nice packaging, lasts pretty well.

The colour just wasn't right for me.

on 7/10/2016 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This has become one of my go-to corals. It's bright and beautiful, and perfect for summer. Tad bit drying as a formula, but sort of expected for a matte. Not overly drying or uncomfortable, though.

To Read all 57 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/7/2016 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought 5 of these and this one is by far my least favourite. These lip creams really vary a lot between colours. Background on me, I am very fair with neutral undertones and I have very coloured mauve-y lips.

Pros:
- smells like vanilla icing (they all do, it's delicious)
- packaging is cute and functional

Cons:
- this colour reads very very orange on me, although it looks more like a coral in the tube, it's honestly unwearable
- patchy formula - other colours (like Cannes and Stockholm) are nice and creamy and even but this one is soooo patchy, settles in every fine line, and really accentuates any dry patches
- not a good wear time and does not wear off evenly or with a nice stain - in my opinion wear time is the downfall of all of these colours, but some (like Cannes) will wear off with a nice even stain - Antwerp does not.

I would not recommend this colour at all and I would not repurchase. Even if I loved the colour the formulation on this one is really bad so I would not recommend it based on that alone. Try Cannes or Stockholm if you're thinking of buying one, they are very good "your-lips-but-better" colours and my favourite ones (so far)!

on 9/20/2015 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This looks like a soft coral in the tube but on my lips it went on bright pink. I love the other shades so much that I kept buying them, but this one is not as flattering when used alone. However, I learned to make it work. It can be blended with other shades to make it softer.

3.5***
What a pretty colour. It's the perfect bright coral for me. The formula is good, it really does go matte and is easy to apply. I don't think it has awesome staying power though. After eating with this on I definitely had to touch up immediately. It can also be a little dry and sometimes starts to sit in the creases of my lips. It would probably not work too well on really chapped lips. I give it 3.5 stars because the colour is perfect, I love how matte it gets and its just really fun to apply. There are issues with it but it's not like this is a colour that I'm wearing every day so I think it's worth it for the occasions I do get to pull it out.

I had a hard time finding this color, and now I know why. It's a great color that goes on smooth. Just like the others in this line, lines on chapped lips will show. I recommend using a lip scrub and lip balm before applying. It's worth the search.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This color is kind of weird on me, it morphes into a different color in different lightings. It looks very little like the plastic tube color so caveat emptor! It's a bright coral sometimes, sometimes Barbie pink, never really that brick nude shade I was anticipating. The formula itself is okay. I'm not a big fan of nude lips coz it seems like a lot of the formulas are drying & peel into a mess. It doesn't make ur lips feel good tbh but I'm giving this another chance w Stockholm on order from Ulta dot com otherwise I'll stick to butter glosses & balms lol this is different than almost anything on the market so I like how unique it is but I'll have to get a couple more colors until then the jury's out for me on these. I will repurchase a couple more to see how they compare maybe Tokyo or Istanbul. But this Antwerp is way too bright for me. Reminds me of MAC Viva Glam Nicki 1!!! I will get some use out of this but it's not in my normal wheelhouse of colors that I favor. Looks like something mammaw would wear to church or bingo. I love how they named them after cities! So cute! And I don't mind the aroma. It is faint & goes away

on 5/10/2015 10:37:00 PM

I have 3 colors--Cannes, Antwerp and Amsterdam. Love the Cannes for everyday. It lasts a long time! The Antwerp is brighter and Amsterdam is darker. I love the way these products feel like nothing on my lips.

Love this color. Love the finish. love everything about it. I have very fair skin, green eyes, and dark brown hair and it works well with my coloring.

The actual color is way brighter than the color on the packaging. It did have good staying power. Check out a tester before buying.

Popular Lips Products