NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp

3.7

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminum Starch Octennylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. MAY CONTAIN: Ci 77019 (Mica) / CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15850 (D&C Red 6 Na Salt), CI 15850 (D& C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI 15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI 19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have other swatches from this line and I love them, but Antwerp isn't for me. It's a great product, but definitely test the swatches in person; they rarely match the color of the tube exactly! I was attracted to it because of the color on the tube (this beautiful soft coral color), but I was bothered by the bright pink color of the actual product. It looks really nice when I've seen it on others (it actually looks coral!), but it's a horrifying color (bright neon pink) on me. Maybe it's a skin tone thing, or I got a bad batch. The product is inexpensive, does go on nicely (only really needs 1-2 coats) and isn't as drying as some full-on matte lipsticks!

Got it online after seeing some swatches. I was expecting a nice colar kind of shade, and the tube really makes you think that the shade is actually medium colar/peachy tone. On my lips it's really bright fuchsia colour. Ugh. Doesn't really suit me at all. Disappointment, since I could've picked some other shade from the range instead of this.

Nice scent, nice packaging, lasts pretty well.

The colour just wasn't right for me.

on 7/10/2016 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This has become one of my go-to corals. It's bright and beautiful, and perfect for summer. Tad bit drying as a formula, but sort of expected for a matte. Not overly drying or uncomfortable, though.

on 2/7/2016 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought 5 of these and this one is by far my least favourite. These lip creams really vary a lot between colours. Background on me, I am very fair with neutral undertones and I have very coloured mauve-y lips.

Pros:
- smells like vanilla icing (they all do, it's delicious)
- packaging is cute and functional

Cons:
- this colour reads very very orange on me, although it looks more like a coral in the tube, it's honestly unwearable
- patchy formula - other colours (like Cannes and Stockholm) are nice and creamy and even but this one is soooo patchy, settles in every fine line, and really accentuates any dry patches
- not a good wear time and does not wear off evenly or with a nice stain - in my opinion wear time is the downfall of all of these colours, but some (like Cannes) will wear off with a nice even stain - Antwerp does not.

I would not recommend this colour at all and I would not repurchase. Even if I loved the colour the formulation on this one is really bad so I would not recommend it based on that alone. Try Cannes or Stockholm if you're thinking of buying one, they are very good "your-lips-but-better" colours and my favourite ones (so far)!

on 9/20/2015 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This looks like a soft coral in the tube but on my lips it went on bright pink. I love the other shades so much that I kept buying them, but this one is not as flattering when used alone. However, I learned to make it work. It can be blended with other shades to make it softer.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

3.5***
What a pretty colour. It's the perfect bright coral for me. The formula is good, it really does go matte and is easy to apply. I don't think it has awesome staying power though. After eating with this on I definitely had to touch up immediately. It can also be a little dry and sometimes starts to sit in the creases of my lips. It would probably not work too well on really chapped lips. I give it 3.5 stars because the colour is perfect, I love how matte it gets and its just really fun to apply. There are issues with it but it's not like this is a colour that I'm wearing every day so I think it's worth it for the occasions I do get to pull it out.

I had a hard time finding this color, and now I know why. It's a great color that goes on smooth. Just like the others in this line, lines on chapped lips will show. I recommend using a lip scrub and lip balm before applying. It's worth the search.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This color is kind of weird on me, it morphes into a different color in different lightings. It looks very little like the plastic tube color so caveat emptor! It's a bright coral sometimes, sometimes Barbie pink, never really that brick nude shade I was anticipating. The formula itself is okay. I'm not a big fan of nude lips coz it seems like a lot of the formulas are drying & peel into a mess. It doesn't make ur lips feel good tbh but I'm giving this another chance w Stockholm on order from Ulta dot com otherwise I'll stick to butter glosses & balms lol this is different than almost anything on the market so I like how unique it is but I'll have to get a couple more colors until then the jury's out for me on these. I will repurchase a couple more to see how they compare maybe Tokyo or Istanbul. But this Antwerp is way too bright for me. Reminds me of MAC Viva Glam Nicki 1!!! I will get some use out of this but it's not in my normal wheelhouse of colors that I favor. Looks like something mammaw would wear to church or bingo. I love how they named them after cities! So cute! And I don't mind the aroma. It is faint & goes away

on 5/10/2015 10:37:00 PM

I have 3 colors--Cannes, Antwerp and Amsterdam. Love the Cannes for everyday. It lasts a long time! The Antwerp is brighter and Amsterdam is darker. I love the way these products feel like nothing on my lips.

Love this color. Love the finish. love everything about it. I have very fair skin, green eyes, and dark brown hair and it works well with my coloring.