Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Airbrushing Loose Powder

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Airbrushing Loose Powder

3.0

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 15%TITANIUM DIOXIDE. 10%ZINC OXIDE. INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: MICA. BORON NITRIDE. ZINC STEARATE. LAUROYL LYSINE. TRICAPRYLIN. MAGNESIUM SILICATE. CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL. CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT. PANAX GINSENG ROOT EXTRACT. GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT. CAMELLIA OLEIFERA LEAF EXTRACT. ASCORBYL PALMITATE. TOCOPHERYL ACETATE. RETINYL PALMITATE. CHLORPHENESIN. POTASSIUM SORBATE. SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE. MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES. TITANIUM DIOXIDE.

I wasn't a big fan. It really ended up looking chalky on my face, and I feel like they don't really offer many tones. The lightest one I ended up picking looked kind of orange-y on my skin. I feel like it didn't blend the way other loose powders have, either. It's like it just sat on my skin and emphasized all the imperfections.

I was looking for a cheaper powder foundation to replace my Mary Kay one. I don't dislike Mary Kay, it just isn't sold in stores and my dealer lives far away so I was looking for something I could go out and get at anytime. Anyway, I don't hate it. It definitely gives medium coverage, you can kind of layer it on. It contains spf. It doesn't break me out (I use an expensive matte primer with it) and the color matches my skin. Although, it definitely has some cons. It smells like something electrical is burning! The smell goes away some after a while, but it is very strong when first applied (even my boyfriend said it smelt bad). It has a bit of a shiny finish to it, which I don't particularly enjoy. The packaging isn't that bad. The part where the makeup comes out is too shallow which makes it really easy to spill the product, but that's the worst part of the packaging. The brush is ok. I didn't buy the product for the brush anyway. It also may oxidize if you don't use the right primer or if u have oily skin. Over all this is an okay powder foundation. In my opinion anything that doesn't break me out is worth a try. Probably won't buy again, but we'll see.

To Read all 42 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The powder itself it's ok but the packaging sucks, the plastic is easy to break. The brush does not work well to apply the product to your face, it's too small, the hair is too short and stiff.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love this powder. I use a large duo fiber brush and loosely dust it on my face. It gives an airbrushed, perfect finish. I use the color creamy natural, it provides enough coverage to cover any flaws that my foundation missed. I wouldn't use it alone but I have oily skin and I think it looks best over foundation. I didn't get the same finish when I used a puff or other methods of application.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Terrible packaging and terrible product I am a fan of the mineral wear loose and pressed powders and was hoping I would like this but was very disappointed. It was so chalky and cheap looking on the skin. It enhanced any and all flaws. The colors were very unnatural and over this was useless to me.

on 8/21/2014 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm amazed by how much my skin hates this product. I normally have such good luck with PF but not this time.

Product claims "16 hour". I don't fall for that anyways, I didn't expect it to last that long. I just needed a loose powder and hoped with such a claim at least it would have moderate staying power. Not even close! Two hour max and this powder is sitting in expression lines, uneven, cakey looking, and all around not at all what I would call flattering.

It feels very, very heavy for me even with minimal use. I find it does need to be applied a little more or else the coverage looks very uneven. Then, really bad acne. I may be acne prone, but this flare up was uniquely horrible and only started when I started using this powder.

Will be getting returned.

Pros: Does look good when first applied

Cons: Lacks staying power
Very cakey/heavy
Sits in facial lines
Caused Acne

This does a fine job of setting makeup. It even adds a little coverage and keeps the makeup looking natural and non-cakey. the reason I give this only 3 stars is the packaging! It is the worst packaging I have ever seen in a makeup product! DO NOT take this with you travelling, it WILL explode. I have to duct tape the thing shut if I want to take it anywhere. Npt only that but the brush is useless and smells like goat. Decent product, awful packaging!

on 2/23/2014 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product! Just hate the packaging. I didn't like the concept of the flat lid over a tiny few holes, so I took it out. Well, once i put the lid on and picked it up to place it back, it fell and 1/3 of it spilled all over my carpet. Thankfully this was cheap and I can get it anywhere!! I got the shade translucent light for my NC20 light olive skin tone with yellow undertones. Matches nicely, and gives a good finish. Love that it's talc-free!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this powder on top of my bb cream to give it extra coverage. I got it when CVS has their PF sale if not it's pretty expensive for a drugstore face powder. I love the packaging,it's so cute! I will not wear it on top of a full coverage foundation because it'll be too much and could make your face look cake-y. if you like powder foundation give this one a try,plus it has spf!

on 8/18/2013 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My favorite powder of all time. The price is decent ($13) at my local cvs. The coverage is build able & never looks like I even have make up on, which I love. I've gotten more compliments on my skin when I use this powder & I never get compliments on my skin otherwise. No breakouts, no irritation. The packaging is a bit weird & messy, but aren't they all? I don't use the brush. I prefer my ecotools brushes for mineral makeup.