Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

4.3

WATER. ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE/METHYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER. BUTYLENE GLYCOL. SD ALCOHOL 40. BEHENETH-30. AMMONIUM ACRYLATES/METHYL STYRENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER. GLYCERIN. MYRISTOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-17. 1,2-HEXANEDIOL. ACRYLATES/OCTYLACRYLAMIDE COPOLYMER. CAPRYLYL GLYCOL. ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN. PENTYLENE GLYCOL. POLYGLYCERYL-3 DISILOXANE DIMETHICONE. PHENOXYETHANOL. SODIUM HYDROXIDE. DISODIUM EDTA. BLACK 2.

on 10/9/2018 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was excited to try this after all the hype and I was kind of disappointed. Definitely not an opaque black formula, goes on more of a dark grey and if you keep going over the same line it will start to take the product off so you have to go over a couple of times to fix what you had already done. The upside to using this pen is that you can get a really precise line with it and you have a lot of control.

on 9/28/2018 4:23:00 PM

I wonder if the factory made botched batches of this because of the extreme reviews. There are people who love it and people who hate it. The reviews I have read are complete opposites!

I unfortunately think I received one of the “bad” batches. I bought this in black and it comes out watery and grey. It does not wear well on me at all and transfers to the top of my eyelid. By the end of the day it’s even lighter and smudged in areas. I have to give it an extra star because the brush can give you a legit wing and is easier to use than other brands (high and low end) that I have tried. Definitely easy to use, but what’s the point if your wings are missing by the end of the work day?!

I can’t recommend this simply because it seems like a hit or miss product. Why would I want to gamble $10 over an eyeliner when I can just buy a high end one (for an additional $10) and know it’ll perform reliably?

on 6/9/2018 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I have this in "Deep Brown," and I really like it.
The liner seems quite pigmented, and glides on easily.The tip is super-fine, and perfect for achieving that "tightlined" effect wherein you get the definition of a dense-looking lashline without obvious eyeliner. However, the pen is very easy to control, so you can readily make a "flick" at the outer corners if that's the look you want.
And, rather astonishingly, this liner stays put for hours on my super-oily lids, even without primer. In the photo I uploaded above, I'd been wearing the liner for over six hours, including a nap.
My HG pen-style eyeliner is Stila Stay All Day, but Eye Booster is a very very close second. I can't address the effects of the serum in Eye Booster, since I've been using Revitalash for years.
I really like Eye Booster as a liner, though; it's cheaper than Stila, and cruelty-free; it's a great "second-string" liner that I'll keep buying as long as it's available.

on 5/27/2018 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't understand, so many good reviews and gurus waving about it but I bought mine and I am really disappointed. Just like the previous reviewers said, mine is so watery from the first usage...I need to reapply few layers just to get the same effect as my 9 months old Dolly Wink.....Don't know if I got a bad batch or it's a new formula...

The only good things, it's that it does not crease, nor does it smudge. but for the constant reapplication, the water thin effect, I will NOT repurchase and do not not recommend it at all. I bought it at Shoppers for 11.50$CAD (on sales).
If you are looking for good alternatives, Dolly Wink (Koji) or Heroine Make (Isehan), both are Japanese brands, it will not fail you, I'm a long time user.
FYI, for the booster effect, maybe my lashes grew a 0.1cm longer? Definitely not impressed...

Just bought the new version in Ultra Black at Target and the new version sucks. It's so very watery and you can see through the liner wherever you place it, even when swatched on the back of my hand I can still see my skin through this and the color is no longer a very richly pigmented black like the old version.
Even going over the area several times with this doesn't yield a very richly black pigmented wing.
So very disappointed in PF for changing the formula to this subpar, crappy formula.
I also find this liquid eyeliner to be very difficult for beginners so if you are just starting out using liquid eyeliners, I would not start with this one.
RIP old formula PF Eye Booster pen :(
I know a bunch of people on the MUB said this had not changed. Well, I am here to tell you it has and not for the better!
If you can find the old version, snatch them up because this new version is just awful.

on 4/9/2018 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm pretty committed to the Kat Von D liner but will try something else every once in a while. I heard this was a dupe for KVD and it's half the price so I figured why not and purchased it in "Black." I am not impressed. I find the formula to be watery and not a true black, and while I just realized that there is a "Black" and "Ultra Black," I'm not going to try the Ultra Black because my current eyeliner is already looking even more faded and watery than when I bought it, like the pigment isn't distributed evenly in the tube or something. It used to be that after I few layers it looked pretty good, but now it's impossible to get a nice dark line and it is barely 2-3 weeks old. I hate wasting makeup, but this is going in the trash.

on 3/29/2018 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Difficult to remove – My favorite YouTuber loves this liner so I had to try. I loved everything about this – until I removed it! The brush is precise and the pigment is wonderful and lasted all day. Unfortunately, I have dry skin and this literally was glued around my eyelash base? After I cleansed my face, I noticed little chunks of liner still stuck around my eyelashes that I had to pick off. The rest of the chunks ended up inside my eyes. I don’t think this is supposed to happen so maybe mine was old but definitely not healthy.

on 3/17/2018 11:07:00 PM

Must get the ultra black one or it won’t be as black as you want. Much better for dry skin than the Kat Von D one (flakes off, taking skin with it). It’s perfect, and I’ve used it since high school! Also, I can say that I find it actually grows my eyelashes. I switched for a few months and then couldn’t figure out why my lashes weren’t nearly as good anymore, until I switched back!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

.......How?

How is this so highly rated and recommended? It leaves a faint grey color, not black, not even close. I bought two because I thought maybe I got a dud but nope, both were horrible.

This is basically a complete dupe of Sephora Collection's Colorful Wink-It Felt Liner Waterproof (yes, despite the Sephora one being a felt liner, and this being a brush liner). That said, I can't know for sure, but I do think the growth serum part of this liner is working! The only catch is that continued use of this does require some additional maintenance to the packaging.

Just like some other reviewers, this started drying out for me to a point where I could barely get any eyeliner on. This is easily fixed with a little bit of work:

1. dunk the eyeliner, tip down (with the cap on tight), in cup of HOT water. Make sure to soak as much of the pen as possible, WITHOUT completely submerging it. Let it soak like this for ~5 minutes.

2. Take the pen out - it should be warm. Wipe it dry and shake the crap out of it.

3. Open the cap, and press the tip of the brush straight down into your hand. This is to get the ink flowing back to the tip of the brush.

4. Store tip down.

I do this every couple of weeks, and it's solved the drying out problem!