Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

4.3

WATER. ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE/METHYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER. BUTYLENE GLYCOL. SD ALCOHOL 40. BEHENETH-30. AMMONIUM ACRYLATES/METHYL STYRENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER. GLYCERIN. MYRISTOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-17. 1,2-HEXANEDIOL. ACRYLATES/OCTYLACRYLAMIDE COPOLYMER. CAPRYLYL GLYCOL. ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN. PENTYLENE GLYCOL. POLYGLYCERYL-3 DISILOXANE DIMETHICONE. PHENOXYETHANOL. SODIUM HYDROXIDE. DISODIUM EDTA. BLACK 2.

so, when i got the first one of these, I made a mistake. i bought the color "black" and not "ultra black". black is pale and not very pigmented. ultra black looks much more opaque on the lids. it stays fairly well, but i have very watery eyes and so there is some smudging at the outer corners after a while for me. other than that, it's great. goes on easily. stays well. comes off easily, too, which is nice in a liquid liner. it's supposed to have some lash growing serum but I can't speak on how well that works as I've only just gotten the liner.

on 9/6/2017 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

While I prefer more bullet proof liners such as mac liquid last and wet n wild h20 proof, this eyeliner is wonderful when I don't have the time or steady hand to apply them. The physicians formula is very long lasting itself, as I have never experienced it smudging but it will wear off slightly at the inner corners of my eyes by the end of the day. Not bad at all given my oily lids & watery eyes. Best of all it is super easy and quick to get a nice clean line with this. I use the deep brown and it gives great definition without the harshness of black.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a newbie when it comes to liquid eyeliner - and when I've worn it in the past it's been the gel pot variety eyeliner.

This makes putting on eyeliner so much easier! it has a precise and flexible (but not flimsy) applicator brush that makes it easy to apply a precise line and wing.

The formula is very thin and watery but still packs a bunch of pigment. I just found that I had to open and close the cap a few times before applying it the first time to get the full pigment It never clumps up or dries to fast and it's easily layered if you don't get the shape right the first time (pls don't tell me I'm the only one). I also have the shade ultra black.

The price in Canada was a little steep for drugstore but definitely worth it.

I have been trying to cut back on my makeup spending and getting some drugstore alternatives instead of having to buy high end. I had heard great things about this liner, so I picked it up. I'm not sure if I got a bad one but it was not very saturated. The formula seemed very thin and not very opaque. I had to continuously go over my lines again and again to get it built up enough. I went back and checked because I thought maybe it was because I had the black instead of the ultra black. Nope I have the ultra black. I don't like this liner and would not repurchase.

on 7/23/2017 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

So I recently bought this because I heard it was a dupe for Kat Von D tattoo liner, which I've been a fan of for a while now. Here's my comparison of the two:

The packaging:
The Physicians Formula liner has more weight to it. If you ever tried the limited edition Kat Von D tattoo liner with the metal tube, its about the same weight as that one. The regular KVD is very lightweight. Both liners have that pump in the lid to help get the product flowing. The brush tip is exactly the same in size, density, and feel. Identical.

The product:
Ok so this liner (in the colour ultra black) is definitely not as black as KVD tattoo in trooper. But that doesn't mean it's not good! One thing I noticed is that with the KVD, the liner comes out super black on your first swipe. With PF, it's a little less opaque at first, but after a few swipes it starts flowing properly and the formula darkens right up. PF might be a tad less long wearing but barely - I like to test out new liners by doing a swipe on my hand, letting it set for 5 mins, and running it under water. I did PF and KVD next to each other - both stayed intact until I started rubbing. Then, PF went first, but KVD went about 2 rubs after.
So there is a slight difference in how well they hold up, but on the eye you can hardly tell. It's not enough of a difference for me to subtract points. On the plus side, this means PF is easier to remove than KVD.
So, the formula isn't identical. But it's good. Hard to believe this is drugstore.
I haven't been using it long enough to see any results in the length or density of my lashes. They say on the packaging that results will show within 4 weeks, so I will update then.

Price:
in Canada, Physicians Formula Eye booster cost me about $13, and my Kat Von D cost me $25. PF has 0.5 ml and KVD has 0.55 ml. So, the Physicians Formula has about the same amount of product, is very similar, and costs about half the price.

I will likely still continue to buy both because both are amazing, with slight differences between them. However if I go on a budget any time soon I'd have no issue switching over to Physicians Formula exclusively.

All in all, this is a drugstore liner that performs like high end. I love this product and will definitely buy again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This little eyeliner is really freaking great. I love that it has a brush tip as felt tips just seem to get ratty so quickly and it is no longer possible to get a clean line. I am not really very good at liquid liner (gel is way easier for me), but I can get good wings with this product. It is also fairly long-lasting as well; I have hooded eyes, and after an entire day the outer corners of my eyes can get a little oily, which means that wings will fade or smudge away but with this liner they tend to hold up pretty well. I have heard that this is a good alternative to Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, and I agree just because the brush tips are pretty similar and both formulas are long-lasting. I think KVD's version is a little blacker, but since PF's is like half the price, I will take that as a trade off.

on 6/29/2017 7:17:00 AM

After a long search for a cruelty-free option,I found this! Easy, smooth application (my lids are beginning to slightly wrinkle), all day wear and the perfect 'black' color make this a keeper. My eyelids (and skin in general) are very sensitive, and this liner does not bother me at all.
I read someone had trouble with this 'drying' up after a couple months. I personally have not experienced that. I end up throwing mine away after 3 months just because I am a fanatic replacing mascaras and liners regularly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall I like this liner but I am looking for another one.

Serum - it actually works! When I first started using it, I noticed my lashes grew but I think it stopped doing that now after using it for a while (I'm on my second tube)

Brush - I like the brush and I find it really easy to use because of how fine the tip is and how soft the brush it

Opacity - It's not very black. I mean it's black enough but I wan't something darker. I think maybe because the serum is mixed in there it loses some colour? Also, you CANNOT layer this because when I try to do this it kind of becomes chunky and messy

Lasting power - It actually lasts all day/night for me! :) Unless I physically rub my eye then it will come off but if I can remember not to touch it it really lasts all day hah

Longevity - This dries up quick! I guess this goes for a lot of liquid liners but I want to say it lasts for only 2 months.

on 5/8/2017 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This was terrible for me. I had really high expectations. I bought this in Ultra Black and went to test it out. I had to layer it because it came out watery and wouldn't make a solid black line. After applying, I watched Netflix for an hour.
When I went to go check it, it had mostly flaked off! I wasn't even doing anything, just sitting down. I'm really disappointed.

I will stick to my Stila Stay All Day in black

I bought mine in Ultra Black and have been using it for about 2 months now and have only good things to say about it.

For starters the primary reason I bought it was my eyelashes had gone through some trauma following months of eyelash extensions and were on the short side. It felt like overnight, but was probably closer to a week, that my eyelashes seemed to have doubled in length. I can now honestly go out with just curling my eyelashes and no eye makeup thanks to this eyeliner which is something I would have never done previously.

As an eyelash growing serum this product is worth the money for me and it's an added/convenient bonus that it can double as my eyeliner. As an eyeliner it is easy to apply, I found the Ultra Black pigmented enough and I liked the look it gave. It does not however last 24 hrs and I work 12 hr shifts to know. I would say it requires reapplication after about 6 hours to keep the same look.

Overall great purchase and worth the price if you are looking for eyelash growth.