Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

4.3

WATER. ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE/METHYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER. BUTYLENE GLYCOL. SD ALCOHOL 40. BEHENETH-30. AMMONIUM ACRYLATES/METHYL STYRENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER. GLYCERIN. MYRISTOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-17. 1,2-HEXANEDIOL. ACRYLATES/OCTYLACRYLAMIDE COPOLYMER. CAPRYLYL GLYCOL. ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN. PENTYLENE GLYCOL. POLYGLYCERYL-3 DISILOXANE DIMETHICONE. PHENOXYETHANOL. SODIUM HYDROXIDE. DISODIUM EDTA. BLACK 2.

on 7/23/2017 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

So I recently bought this because I heard it was a dupe for Kat Von D tattoo liner, which I've been a fan of for a while now. Here's my comparison of the two:

The packaging:
The Physicians Formula liner has more weight to it. If you ever tried the limited edition Kat Von D tattoo liner with the metal tube, its about the same weight as that one. The regular KVD is very lightweight. Both liners have that pump in the lid to help get the product flowing. The brush tip is exactly the same in size, density, and feel. Identical.

The product:
Ok so this liner (in the colour ultra black) is definitely not as black as KVD tattoo in trooper. But that doesn't mean it's not good! One thing I noticed is that with the KVD, the liner comes out super black on your first swipe. With PF, it's a little less opaque at first, but after a few swipes it starts flowing properly and the formula darkens right up. PF might be a tad less long wearing but barely - I like to test out new liners by doing a swipe on my hand, letting it set for 5 mins, and running it under water. I did PF and KVD next to each other - both stayed intact until I started rubbing. Then, PF went first, but KVD went about 2 rubs after.
So there is a slight difference in how well they hold up, but on the eye you can hardly tell. It's not enough of a difference for me to subtract points. On the plus side, this means PF is easier to remove than KVD.
So, the formula isn't identical. But it's good. Hard to believe this is drugstore.
I haven't been using it long enough to see any results in the length or density of my lashes. They say on the packaging that results will show within 4 weeks, so I will update then.

Price:
in Canada, Physicians Formula Eye booster cost me about $13, and my Kat Von D cost me $25. PF has 0.5 ml and KVD has 0.55 ml. So, the Physicians Formula has about the same amount of product, is very similar, and costs about half the price.

I will likely still continue to buy both because both are amazing, with slight differences between them. However if I go on a budget any time soon I'd have no issue switching over to Physicians Formula exclusively.

All in all, this is a drugstore liner that performs like high end. I love this product and will definitely buy again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This little eyeliner is really freaking great. I love that it has a brush tip as felt tips just seem to get ratty so quickly and it is no longer possible to get a clean line. I am not really very good at liquid liner (gel is way easier for me), but I can get good wings with this product. It is also fairly long-lasting as well; I have hooded eyes, and after an entire day the outer corners of my eyes can get a little oily, which means that wings will fade or smudge away but with this liner they tend to hold up pretty well. I have heard that this is a good alternative to Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, and I agree just because the brush tips are pretty similar and both formulas are long-lasting. I think KVD's version is a little blacker, but since PF's is like half the price, I will take that as a trade off.

on 6/29/2017 7:17:00 AM

After a long search for a cruelty-free option,I found this! Easy, smooth application (my lids are beginning to slightly wrinkle), all day wear and the perfect 'black' color make this a keeper. My eyelids (and skin in general) are very sensitive, and this liner does not bother me at all.
I read someone had trouble with this 'drying' up after a couple months. I personally have not experienced that. I end up throwing mine away after 3 months just because I am a fanatic replacing mascaras and liners regularly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall I like this liner but I am looking for another one.

Serum - it actually works! When I first started using it, I noticed my lashes grew but I think it stopped doing that now after using it for a while (I'm on my second tube)

Brush - I like the brush and I find it really easy to use because of how fine the tip is and how soft the brush it

Opacity - It's not very black. I mean it's black enough but I wan't something darker. I think maybe because the serum is mixed in there it loses some colour? Also, you CANNOT layer this because when I try to do this it kind of becomes chunky and messy

Lasting power - It actually lasts all day/night for me! :) Unless I physically rub my eye then it will come off but if I can remember not to touch it it really lasts all day hah

Longevity - This dries up quick! I guess this goes for a lot of liquid liners but I want to say it lasts for only 2 months.

on 5/8/2017 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This was terrible for me. I had really high expectations. I bought this in Ultra Black and went to test it out. I had to layer it because it came out watery and wouldn't make a solid black line. After applying, I watched Netflix for an hour.
When I went to go check it, it had mostly flaked off! I wasn't even doing anything, just sitting down. I'm really disappointed.

I will stick to my Stila Stay All Day in black

I bought mine in Ultra Black and have been using it for about 2 months now and have only good things to say about it.

For starters the primary reason I bought it was my eyelashes had gone through some trauma following months of eyelash extensions and were on the short side. It felt like overnight, but was probably closer to a week, that my eyelashes seemed to have doubled in length. I can now honestly go out with just curling my eyelashes and no eye makeup thanks to this eyeliner which is something I would have never done previously.

As an eyelash growing serum this product is worth the money for me and it's an added/convenient bonus that it can double as my eyeliner. As an eyeliner it is easy to apply, I found the Ultra Black pigmented enough and I liked the look it gave. It does not however last 24 hrs and I work 12 hr shifts to know. I would say it requires reapplication after about 6 hours to keep the same look.

Overall great purchase and worth the price if you are looking for eyelash growth.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is my new favorite eyeliner!! It is such great quality for the price and creates a nice clean line.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I am just cracking open my second one of these after two years of near daily weekday service.

I love this.

Why:
1) fibres of brush are like a brush and not a felt tip
2) easy to apply
3) stays put

This is not a super black liner, but I have used it both below powders as a liner and on the mobile lid.

I use my empty to apply liner. The genius of this isn't the serum (i can't tell if it works), but the quality of a drug store liner.

on 3/11/2017 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is great, but I wish I had read the advice about it drying up without warning... This morning I was doing my makeup before going off to sing at a wedding. Had one perfect cat eye done, went to do the other side and there was only a pale grey smear. All gone! Wish I'd had a spare!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I usually use gel or cream eyeliners, but decided to purchase this product and a few others like it to experiment with different types of eyeliner. This eyeliner is so easy to use. I'm able to line the top of my lid as thin as I need to and am able to make a wing with little effort. I really did like this product when I first got it. It was so easy to use and I was almost sure I'd repurchase it. I don't know how this would work on someone with oily eyelids or with someone that rubs their eyes often. It stays put for me, but my eyelids are quite dry. I did end up rubbing my eyes once, and the eyeliner didn't hold up too great from that, but it wasn't terrible. If I can avoid doing that, this eyeliner will still look pretty good after about 10 hours on me. It's really easy to remove. It comes off so effortlessly for me with just a cotton swab and water. After having this eyeliner for just about a month and only using it about 8-9 times, the eyeliner is already drying out! I'm really disappointed because of that. I've always made sure the eyeliner was closed properly. I'm not sure what happened with mine. I would have loved to keeping using this eyeliner if it wasn't drying out. I've never had a problem with other eyeliners like these dying out so quickly.

Surprisingly enough though, I did see a difference in my eyelashes. I really did think it helped them grow a bit