Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

4.3

WATER. ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE/METHYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER. BUTYLENE GLYCOL. SD ALCOHOL 40. BEHENETH-30. AMMONIUM ACRYLATES/METHYL STYRENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER. GLYCERIN. MYRISTOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-17. 1,2-HEXANEDIOL. ACRYLATES/OCTYLACRYLAMIDE COPOLYMER. CAPRYLYL GLYCOL. ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN. PENTYLENE GLYCOL. POLYGLYCERYL-3 DISILOXANE DIMETHICONE. PHENOXYETHANOL. SODIUM HYDROXIDE. DISODIUM EDTA. BLACK 2.

on 12/10/2018 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I have sensitive skin, especially around the eye area. While this eyeliner isn't perfect- it fades throughout the day without eyelid primer on- it's the best I've found so far. Other brands I've tried have all burned/gotten allergic reactions from have been Almay, Revlon, Wet N Wild, Pixi & ColorPop. Clinique Easy Line is also one that works for my sensitive skin, but smudges/waters very easily.

on 10/9/2018 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was excited to try this after all the hype and I was kind of disappointed. Definitely not an opaque black formula, goes on more of a dark grey and if you keep going over the same line it will start to take the product off so you have to go over a couple of times to fix what you had already done. The upside to using this pen is that you can get a really precise line with it and you have a lot of control.

on 9/28/2018 4:23:00 PM

I wonder if the factory made botched batches of this because of the extreme reviews. There are people who love it and people who hate it. The reviews I have read are complete opposites!

I unfortunately think I received one of the “bad” batches. I bought this in black and it comes out watery and grey. It does not wear well on me at all and transfers to the top of my eyelid. By the end of the day it’s even lighter and smudged in areas. I have to give it an extra star because the brush can give you a legit wing and is easier to use than other brands (high and low end) that I have tried. Definitely easy to use, but what’s the point if your wings are missing by the end of the work day?!

I can’t recommend this simply because it seems like a hit or miss product. Why would I want to gamble $10 over an eyeliner when I can just buy a high end one (for an additional $10) and know it’ll perform reliably?

on 6/9/2018 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I have this in "Deep Brown," and I really like it.
The liner seems quite pigmented, and glides on easily.The tip is super-fine, and perfect for achieving that "tightlined" effect wherein you get the definition of a dense-looking lashline without obvious eyeliner. However, the pen is very easy to control, so you can readily make a "flick" at the outer corners if that's the look you want.
And, rather astonishingly, this liner stays put for hours on my super-oily lids, even without primer. In the photo I uploaded above, I'd been wearing the liner for over six hours, including a nap.
My HG pen-style eyeliner is Stila Stay All Day, but Eye Booster is a very very close second. I can't address the effects of the serum in Eye Booster, since I've been using Revitalash for years.
I really like Eye Booster as a liner, though; it's cheaper than Stila, and cruelty-free; it's a great "second-string" liner that I'll keep buying as long as it's available.

on 5/27/2018 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't understand, so many good reviews and gurus waving about it but I bought mine and I am really disappointed. Just like the previous reviewers said, mine is so watery from the first usage...I need to reapply few layers just to get the same effect as my 9 months old Dolly Wink.....Don't know if I got a bad batch or it's a new formula...

The only good things, it's that it does not crease, nor does it smudge. but for the constant reapplication, the water thin effect, I will NOT repurchase and do not not recommend it at all. I bought it at Shoppers for 11.50$CAD (on sales).
If you are looking for good alternatives, Dolly Wink (Koji) or Heroine Make (Isehan), both are Japanese brands, it will not fail you, I'm a long time user.
FYI, for the booster effect, maybe my lashes grew a 0.1cm longer? Definitely not impressed...

Just bought the new version in Ultra Black at Target and the new version sucks. It's so very watery and you can see through the liner wherever you place it, even when swatched on the back of my hand I can still see my skin through this and the color is no longer a very richly pigmented black like the old version.
Even going over the area several times with this doesn't yield a very richly black pigmented wing.
So very disappointed in PF for changing the formula to this subpar, crappy formula.
I also find this liquid eyeliner to be very difficult for beginners so if you are just starting out using liquid eyeliners, I would not start with this one.
RIP old formula PF Eye Booster pen :(
I know a bunch of people on the MUB said this had not changed. Well, I am here to tell you it has and not for the better!
If you can find the old version, snatch them up because this new version is just awful.

on 4/9/2018 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm pretty committed to the Kat Von D liner but will try something else every once in a while. I heard this was a dupe for KVD and it's half the price so I figured why not and purchased it in "Black." I am not impressed. I find the formula to be watery and not a true black, and while I just realized that there is a "Black" and "Ultra Black," I'm not going to try the Ultra Black because my current eyeliner is already looking even more faded and watery than when I bought it, like the pigment isn't distributed evenly in the tube or something. It used to be that after I few layers it looked pretty good, but now it's impossible to get a nice dark line and it is barely 2-3 weeks old. I hate wasting makeup, but this is going in the trash.

on 3/29/2018 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Difficult to remove – My favorite YouTuber loves this liner so I had to try. I loved everything about this – until I removed it! The brush is precise and the pigment is wonderful and lasted all day. Unfortunately, I have dry skin and this literally was glued around my eyelash base? After I cleansed my face, I noticed little chunks of liner still stuck around my eyelashes that I had to pick off. The rest of the chunks ended up inside my eyes. I don’t think this is supposed to happen so maybe mine was old but definitely not healthy.

on 3/17/2018 11:07:00 PM

I have been using this eyeliner for nearly ten years now. It’s absolutely beautiful, inexpensive and I’ve never had any problems with it. Now it is pretty much only for people with dry skin, as it will smudge for oily skinned people. But if you’ve ever had a problem with Kat Von d eyeliner flaking, this is for you! As a side note, it will make your eyelashes grow. Not a startling amount, but if you use this for awhile and stop, you’ll notice your eyelashes will change for the worse without it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

.......How?

How is this so highly rated and recommended? It leaves a faint grey color, not black, not even close. I bought two because I thought maybe I got a dud but nope, both were horrible.