Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

4.3

WATER. ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE/METHYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER. BUTYLENE GLYCOL. SD ALCOHOL 40. BEHENETH-30. AMMONIUM ACRYLATES/METHYL STYRENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER. GLYCERIN. MYRISTOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-17. 1,2-HEXANEDIOL. ACRYLATES/OCTYLACRYLAMIDE COPOLYMER. CAPRYLYL GLYCOL. ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN. PENTYLENE GLYCOL. POLYGLYCERYL-3 DISILOXANE DIMETHICONE. PHENOXYETHANOL. SODIUM HYDROXIDE. DISODIUM EDTA. BLACK 2.

on 7/20/2016 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I wanted a dupe for the Kat Von D brush liner so I picked this up when it was on sale.

This isn't as black as the name suggests, more like a dark grey. It's also very patchy. Whenever I try to re-draw over a line, it drags off the original line and leaves a blank patch. I have to go over it with another liquid liner.

It also doesn't last very long, a couple of hours at most. I work an office job and rarely venture outside on a regular day so the fact that it fades before I end work is pretty unimpressive.

Given the very good reviews, I expected more from this HOWEVER I have also heard they changed the formula and the new ones are worse. It's too bad I never got to try the old one. :( I would not re-purchase this.

on 7/8/2016 4:29:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is one of my favorite liquid liners hands down! I have oily lids, and most eyeliners smudge after 8 hrs. This liner stays on the longest! I love the fine tip brush, as it creates the tiniest line closest to the lashline, and is perfect for creating a wing. I got the shade in Ultra Black, and it is indeed an intense jet black. The packaging is very sleek and classy, and certainly looks more high end than your typical drugstore liner.

The only reason why I gave this liner four stars instead of five is because when I first bought this liner, it went on beautifully, but after four or five days of use, the liner got clogged up and the ink dried up on the tip. I did everything I could to revive the liner, but nothing worked. The ink became a dark gray instead of an intense black. So I contacted Physicians Formula and they sent me a replacement, which has worked perfectly. I was researching brush tip liners and found that some companies recommend you clean the liner after every use to prevent the tip becoming clogged. I think you could also start your eye makeup with your liner first to prevent any clogging as well. I don't mind doing so, but because this could become an issue for some, I decided to give this four stars.

To Read all 463 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this eyeliner for awhile now and I LOVE it! I have very oily eyelids and the eyeliner stays all day. It also does make your lashes grow longer! I have thin straight asian eyelashes, yet the serum in this eyeliner has made them long and actually visible. Unfortunately, this eyeliner is pricey. It does last you a while though. I like the packaging too. The tip is like a pen, but it is stiff so you can have control of the line you're making. Overall, great product. Just pricey.

on 6/21/2016 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i'm conflicted about this product. i bought because it seems highly recommended on mua. when i first used it it found it increase lash growth a bit. nothing crazy or dramatic but new growth was definitely there. i found the colour to go on streaky and patchy and not opaque at all, which is my biggest gripe on this product. the felt tip is great though, making application easy. after a couple months of using this i found it to smudge very badly off the top of my eyelids, which is weird because it didn't originally do that. i won't repurchase because it's a bit on the sheer and patchy side for me and i hate the smudging. the benefit for me is that it stimulates lash growth but i use castor oil to condition my lashes anyway so i don't need that property in an eyeliner (though it's a nice bonus)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was hoping this was a dupe for the Stila Stay All Day liner, and this isn't it. I don't understand why there are so many people calling this their HG liner, because this thing is a mess. The color is terrible, watery and gray (yes, I got ultra black, and yes, I shook it). The finish is also ridiculously shiny, so you can't even tell if a white spot is a reflection or a spot where this disaster of an eyeliner went patchy. Also, good luck getting this to last, because it flaked off my lid within 8 hours. The brush tip is nice, and I like the packaging, but if you want a mediocre liner, you don't have to spend the $15 on this.

on 6/12/2016 12:38:00 PM

I love eyeliners in general, been an avid wearer since middle school, and my favorite are liquid eyeliners. This Physicians Formula liquid liner pen is the most probably disappointing liquid eyeliner I have ever tried. I, like many others, read reviews before going to the store so I had high hopes for this. After about 5 uses, the pen started to get clogged before each use, no color would even be deposited on my lids so I need to get a napkin to clean the brush before I want to use the liner each time now. I don't even wear that much eyeshadow, so I don't understand why it gets clogged and has a hard time putting on. The times it does decide to work, the black color would fade away after about 3 hours of wear or smear easily. I have no problems washing this off because by the end of the day it is already so faded away. I also have noticed absolutely no difference in my lashes, but I didn't buy for that reason, I just wanted a good liquid liner and I didn't find that in this.

on 6/4/2016 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a great eyeliner. It's better than many high-end liners.

Pros:
- The brush is firm, but flexible with a fine tip. This makes getting an even line fairly easy and quick.
- It doesn't transfer on me.
- Doesn't dry out.

Cons:
- I use ultra black. I do wish it was a deeper black with more pigment.
- It can flake off if you use alot of oils or creams around your eyes prior to applying. Though, most eyeliners would do the same.
- It doesn't help your lashes as advertised. This is fine with me, but they should dial-back their claims and just promote it as a great liner at a good price.

Price: $11.99 USD. Though, you can find this on sale regularly for around $7.00.

Ingredients:
Water. Ethylhexyl Acrylate/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer. Butylene Glycol. SD Alcohol 40. Beheneth-30. Ammonium Acrylates/Methyl Styrene/Styrene Copolymer. Glycerin. Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17. 1,2-Hexanediol. Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer. Caprylyl Glycol. Ethylhexylglycerin. Pentylene Glycol. Polyglyceryl-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone. Phenoxyethanol. Sodium Hydroxide. Disodium EDTA. Black 2.

on 5/20/2016 12:58:00 PM

The liquid eyeliner is my one of my Holy Grails, in spite of its tendency to become clogged and grossed at the base of the brush applicator. I've mainly used felt tip liquid liners all my life but upon discovering this eyeliner, I can honestly say I'm never going back to anything else.

This liner is very reminiscent of Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner and Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner with a flexible nylon-like material brush tip. I think the tip may be not as fine, but that might have to do with the ongoing need to clean out the base of the tip to release more product (more on that later). Makes sure you pick up "Very Black" and not "Black," unless you want a softer not-really-black liner. The Very Black is a lovely dark inky black upon the first swipe across your lids.

In terms of staying powder, this eye liner is boss. It doesn't flake off throughout the day, perhaps only slightly fades. It does transfer a little whenever I curl my lashes, but not nearly as much as some other liquid liners I've used. The flexible fine tip allows you to get rather close to the lashes line and gradually build up to a thicker line, should you so desire. I used micellar water for goof-ups as a Q-tip moistened with water isn't sufficient to remove any mistakes.

The silver tube packaging is rather sleek but you know what isn't - the tendency for this liner to become clogged at the base! Usually poking at the base with a sanitized safety pin will dislodged some of the crumbly dried up product hindering the liner fluid from flowing. However, this will eventually start splaying out the brush hairs if you do it enough time, which kind of ruins the fine tipped nature of this liner pen. I should mention that I remain skeptical about the lash growing properties of the serum in the liner . . .

Also, my last pen would sporadically leak, whenever it wasn't clogged. If I wasn't careful to wipe the excess off, like a wand from a new mascara tube, I would end up with quite the mess all over my face and subsequently hands . . . sink, everything.

In spite of this annoyance, I still love this eyeliner because it performs well on my eyelids. Make sure to grab it when it's on sale. It usually retails around $12, but Physician's Formula often goes on sale at CVS and Ulta.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hands down THEE best liquid eyeliner for beginners. Easy to control fine tip felt pen. It is easy to achieve a crisp wing and i can even use it to tight line my upper lashes. The pen is the perfect size to hold. It is just like holding a pencil. I do not have an issue with this running or fading in the day. I agree with other posters that ultra black has the best pay off, the regular black is dull. I haven't noticed any benefits from the serum benefits, I've been using this for about a month now. I didn't buy it for the "serum" so I'm not to disappointed with that. Price point on this is a little higher than other DS options $10 - but this has been far superior than other ones I've tried. After a month of use there still seems to be a lot of product left and hasn't dried out on me.

Bottom line: Yes I will repurchase. I'm really impressed with the ease of application and it lasts all day. I recommend this for beginners struggling with winged liner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

One of my favorite drugstore eyeliners....a bit pricey but great!!! It compares to all the expensive ones even better.