Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

4.3

WATER. ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE/METHYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER. BUTYLENE GLYCOL. SD ALCOHOL 40. BEHENETH-30. AMMONIUM ACRYLATES/METHYL STYRENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER. GLYCERIN. MYRISTOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-17. 1,2-HEXANEDIOL. ACRYLATES/OCTYLACRYLAMIDE COPOLYMER. CAPRYLYL GLYCOL. ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN. PENTYLENE GLYCOL. POLYGLYCERYL-3 DISILOXANE DIMETHICONE. PHENOXYETHANOL. SODIUM HYDROXIDE. DISODIUM EDTA. BLACK 2.

Just bought the new version in Ultra Black at Target and the new version sucks. It's so very watery and you can see through the liner wherever you place it, even when swatched on the back of my hand I can still see my skin through this and the color is no longer a very richly pigmented black like the old version.
Even going over the area several times with this doesn't yield a very richly black pigmented wing.
So very disappointed in PF for changing the formula to this subpar, crappy formula.
I also find this liquid eyeliner to be very difficult for beginners so if you are just starting out using liquid eyeliners, I would not start with this one.
RIP old formula PF Eye Booster pen :(
I know a bunch of people on the MUB said this had not changed. Well, I am here to tell you it has and not for the better!
If you can find the old version, snatch them up because this new version is just awful.

on 4/9/2018 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm pretty committed to the Kat Von D liner but will try something else every once in a while. I heard this was a dupe for KVD and it's half the price so I figured why not and purchased it in "Black." I am not impressed. I find the formula to be watery and not a true black, and while I just realized that there is a "Black" and "Ultra Black," I'm not going to try the Ultra Black because my current eyeliner is already looking even more faded and watery than when I bought it, like the pigment isn't distributed evenly in the tube or something. It used to be that after I few layers it looked pretty good, but now it's impossible to get a nice dark line and it is barely 2-3 weeks old. I hate wasting makeup, but this is going in the trash.

on 3/29/2018 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Difficult to remove – My favorite YouTuber loves this liner so I had to try. I loved everything about this – until I removed it! The brush is precise and the pigment is wonderful and lasted all day. Unfortunately, I have dry skin and this literally was glued around my eyelash base? After I cleansed my face, I noticed little chunks of liner still stuck around my eyelashes that I had to pick off. The rest of the chunks ended up inside my eyes. I don’t think this is supposed to happen so maybe mine was old but definitely not healthy.

on 3/17/2018 11:07:00 PM

Must get the ultra black one or it won’t be as black as you want. Much better for dry skin than the Kat Von D one (flakes off, taking skin with it). It’s perfect, and I’ve used it since high school! Also, I can say that I find it actually grows my eyelashes. I switched for a few months and then couldn’t figure out why my lashes weren’t nearly as good anymore, until I switched back!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

.......How?

How is this so highly rated and recommended? It leaves a faint grey color, not black, not even close. I bought two because I thought maybe I got a dud but nope, both were horrible.

This is basically a complete dupe of Sephora Collection's Colorful Wink-It Felt Liner Waterproof (yes, despite the Sephora one being a felt liner, and this being a brush liner). That said, I can't know for sure, but I do think the growth serum part of this liner is working! The only catch is that continued use of this does require some additional maintenance to the packaging.

Just like some other reviewers, this started drying out for me to a point where I could barely get any eyeliner on. This is easily fixed with a little bit of work:

1. dunk the eyeliner, tip down (with the cap on tight), in cup of HOT water. Make sure to soak as much of the pen as possible, WITHOUT completely submerging it. Let it soak like this for ~5 minutes.

2. Take the pen out - it should be warm. Wipe it dry and shake the crap out of it.

3. Open the cap, and press the tip of the brush straight down into your hand. This is to get the ink flowing back to the tip of the brush.

4. Store tip down.

I do this every couple of weeks, and it's solved the drying out problem!

on 12/19/2017 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Earlier this year, I ran out of my HG eyeliner (Rimmel Glam'eyes - now discontinued) so I had to hunt for a replacement. I don't know why the cosmetics industry always does away with amazing products!!!

This PF eyeliner has definitely been on my radar but I didn't opt to try it until Walgreen's had it on sale for 40% off, and it's usually $12 a pop. The main thing that sold me on this specific liner was that it's BRUSH-TIPPED, which gives me sososo much more control over my cat eyes and wingtips. (Felt is not my friend.)
From my experience, I like liquid liners that are a little goopy and paint-like because those usually stayed on and had more pigment. Though this liner definitely gives me killer angles, it applies like a marker. I found that it does smudge a little but only after an entire day of wear which is normal, but it doesn't build up to a blackness I like (even though it's in the color Ultra Black, haha). Either way, this is LEAGUES better than the Maybelline Ultraliner which stresses me out, so this PF liner is a welcome replacement to my HG.

HG! I'm not a big eyeliner person, but when I do wear it, this is the best I've come across. Matte, doesn't transfer, long wearing. It's perfect.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is my holy grail eyeliner! It is very dark and lasts all day. It also comes in brown which I love, it makes my blue eyes pop! I work long shifts at a restaurant and this eyeliner does not budge!

on 11/22/2017 3:56:00 PM

I use this liquid eyeliner almost every day.

I'm never going to be an expert at the cat eye. My eyes have some age on them, as well as being that one is slightly rounder than the other, I have to go with the 'sisters not twins' approach as I do with my brows.

I've tried a number of eyeliner pens (at varying price points) and was disappointed by the lack of pigment (strong lines) or the longevity of a single tube (I'd have to replace it after a couple weeks) or just the fact that the tip was too blunt or too thin to hold a clean bold line. Others would look amazing going on, but then a few hours later will have smudged up or off. This one had a long lasting claim which I was immediately attracted to. (if only for the fact that it may not smudge)

I keep this, tip side down, in a cup on my vanity and usually have two tubes going at once so that I can use a freshly filled pen when I do my second eye, and touch ups. At the price I can get these at, I am not complaining. My tubes seem to last as long as it's recommended to keep before tossing (a couple months) So I've not really noticed them drying up or the tips not filling up.

I don't necessarily notice a difference in my lashes/eyelids as the serum may claim, but for the longevity/price, I'm definitely a fan. My eyes are mildly sensitive, and I've not noticed any irritation with this product.

The eyeliner stays on mostly all day. I do notice if it's warmer out (and I get 'glowy'), it might fade, but doesn't seem to run or smudge. Definitely go with UltraBlack for a clean black line. At the end of the day, it comes off cleanly with a microfiber cloth and cetaphil or micellar water wipes.