Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

4.3

WATER. ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE/METHYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER. BUTYLENE GLYCOL. SD ALCOHOL 40. BEHENETH-30. AMMONIUM ACRYLATES/METHYL STYRENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER. GLYCERIN. MYRISTOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-17. 1,2-HEXANEDIOL. ACRYLATES/OCTYLACRYLAMIDE COPOLYMER. CAPRYLYL GLYCOL. ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN. PENTYLENE GLYCOL. POLYGLYCERYL-3 DISILOXANE DIMETHICONE. PHENOXYETHANOL. SODIUM HYDROXIDE. DISODIUM EDTA. BLACK 2.

on 12/19/2017 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Earlier this year, I ran out of my HG eyeliner (Rimmel Glam'eyes - now discontinued) so I had to hunt for a replacement. I don't know why the cosmetics industry always does away with amazing products!!!

This PF eyeliner has definitely been on my radar but I didn't opt to try it until Walgreen's had it on sale for 40% off, and it's usually $12 a pop. The main thing that sold me on this specific liner was that it's BRUSH-TIPPED, which gives me sososo much more control over my cat eyes and wingtips. (Felt is not my friend.)
From my experience, I like liquid liners that are a little goopy and paint-like because those usually stayed on and had more pigment. Though this liner definitely gives me killer angles, it applies like a marker. I found that it does smudge a little but only after an entire day of wear which is normal, but it doesn't build up to a blackness I like (even though it's in the color Ultra Black, haha). Either way, this is LEAGUES better than the Maybelline Ultraliner which stresses me out, so this PF liner is a welcome replacement to my HG.

HG! I'm not a big eyeliner person, but when I do wear it, this is the best I've come across. Matte, doesn't transfer, long wearing. It's perfect.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is my holy grail eyeliner! It is very dark and lasts all day. It also comes in brown which I love, it makes my blue eyes pop! I work long shifts at a restaurant and this eyeliner does not budge!

on 11/22/2017 3:56:00 PM

I use this liquid eyeliner almost every day.

I'm never going to be an expert at the cat eye. My eyes have some age on them, as well as being that one is slightly rounder than the other, I have to go with the 'sisters not twins' approach as I do with my brows.

I've tried a number of eyeliner pens (at varying price points) and was disappointed by the lack of pigment (strong lines) or the longevity of a single tube (I'd have to replace it after a couple weeks) or just the fact that the tip was too blunt or too thin to hold a clean bold line. Others would look amazing going on, but then a few hours later will have smudged up or off. This one had a long lasting claim which I was immediately attracted to. (if only for the fact that it may not smudge)

I keep this, tip side down, in a cup on my vanity and usually have two tubes going at once so that I can use a freshly filled pen when I do my second eye, and touch ups. At the price I can get these at, I am not complaining. My tubes seem to last as long as it's recommended to keep before tossing (a couple months) So I've not really noticed them drying up or the tips not filling up.

I don't necessarily notice a difference in my lashes/eyelids as the serum may claim, but for the longevity/price, I'm definitely a fan. My eyes are mildly sensitive, and I've not noticed any irritation with this product.

The eyeliner stays on mostly all day. I do notice if it's warmer out (and I get 'glowy'), it might fade, but doesn't seem to run or smudge. Definitely go with UltraBlack for a clean black line. At the end of the day, it comes off cleanly with a microfiber cloth and cetaphil or micellar water wipes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is my HG eyeliner. I won’t buy any other but this. Glides on smoothly and stays on all day long.

I tried this liner because it was recommended here on MUA. My HG liquid liner is Stila Stay All Day, but I don't wear makeup as often as I used to so I was hoping to get a cheaper DS alternative to the Stila.

This product is just ok. Like other reviewers, I was disappointed in the amount of liner that ended up in the tip no matter how much I shook it. I couldn't get a good, consistent line and I had to go over my line multiple times to get it dark enough, and then it ended up being too thick. I did get the Ultra Black and still found the pigmentation lacking. It gets some points for lasting all day without smudging, and it came off easily with micellar water.

The tip was a little softer than I prefer but I do like the silver packaging.

It irritated my eyes a little but not any worse than most eye makeup (I have sensitive eyes.) It was still wearable even though it bugged me a little. I've only used it once so far, so I can't weigh in on whether it actually "boosts" lashes.

Overall, it's a decent DS liner for the price, but it doesn't come close to Stila.

on 10/3/2017 2:16:00 PM

I always read such good reviews about this liner so I decided to give it a try. What a failure this was for me!

Pros:
I like the felt tip. Not too hard, or too soft.
Packaging is nice.

Con's:
Watery color.
Goes on patchy, therefore, it's darned near impossible to get a good consistent line.
After merely three uses I can't get product to go to the tip of the brush, no matter how much I shake it.
It lasts, but what is the good of a long lasting patchy, watered down, uneven line?
Given all the above I cannot imagine how this can do anything for my lashes.

I hear they have improved the formula. It would take a complete overhaul to make this better and I don't want to risk another annoying catastrophe.

I'll move on to something else.

I bought this on a whim and found the perfect brush tip and formula is fantastic! I hope they never stop making this. I like to not feel my eyeliner when applied and this is it! I can tight line with this and do a nice wing tip. Really a fantastic product with zero eye irritation. Flat black and smooth. Never cracks never fades or bleeds.

so, when i got the first one of these, I made a mistake. i bought the color "black" and not "ultra black". black is pale and not very pigmented. ultra black looks much more opaque on the lids. it stays fairly well, but i have very watery eyes and so there is some smudging at the outer corners after a while for me. other than that, it's great. goes on easily. stays well. comes off easily, too, which is nice in a liquid liner. it's supposed to have some lash growing serum but I can't speak on how well that works as I've only just gotten the liner.

on 9/6/2017 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

While I prefer more bullet proof liners such as mac liquid last and wet n wild h20 proof, this eyeliner is wonderful when I don't have the time or steady hand to apply them. The physicians formula is very long lasting itself, as I have never experienced it smudging but it will wear off slightly at the inner corners of my eyes by the end of the day. Not bad at all given my oily lids & watery eyes. Best of all it is super easy and quick to get a nice clean line with this. I use the deep brown and it gives great definition without the harshness of black.