Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

4.4

nn

on 7/20/2018 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have skin that builds up dead skin very easily and can become very dry and rough looking if I don't exfoliate on a daily basis. Since beginning my skin care routine I would say at around 12, I have always like the results of exfoliation. Back then, I would use the buff puffs and they were good but a few steps up would be the Olay ProX Facial Cleansing Brush. I bought my first one over 4 years ago and have not looked back. It has two speeds, one more steady and one that spins fairly fast. I use this with either Noxzema or Burt's Bee's Soap Bark and Chamomile Cleanser and it just is amazing. My skincare routine is the best it has been in years. Not only does this clean your skin, it exfoliates dead skin, dry patches and is perfect for your follow up toner, moisturizer etc. so that everything can really soak into your skin. It can reach around your nose and is just the right size to do a deep cleaning all over your face. I even take it down my neck because you can't neglect there! haha. I don't feel it is too harsh on the skin and I use it once a day. It is also water-resistant so I can use it in the shower. I'm on my second one now because after so many years, it will have wear and tear which is normal. I can see myself using this for a long time to come!

Got this on sale $25. Been using for 3 weeks or so. I have been getting SO many compliments. The little old ladies at my work have been telling me my complexion is beautiful. I have never received comments like this... I’ve suffered acne, dry skin, eczema, flakes, patchiness, irritation, large pores, sun damage. One lady even said “you must of stayed out of the sun” NoPE! Tanned my whole life only quit last year. This really helps even skin tone, shed dry skin, brighten complexion, and smooth the surface. It’s a great product for the price you can’t go wrong.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I thought I would buy this & see how I like this method of cleaning my face before spending $$$ on the clarisonic. I use this on the lowest setting, and very gently press it on my skin. This really helps cleanse my face, especially when I've been wearing makeup. I will not repurchase this, or buy the clarisonic. After doing a lot of research, and asking several dermatologists about their opinion on cleansing brushes (& even sonic cleansing, like the clarisonic) I've decided it's a waste of money. Skin is delicate, and you just don't need that much pressure or scrubing to clean it. I've gone from using this several times a week to just a few times a month. Since I've started using active ingredients like retinoids, my skin just doesn't need any extra abrasion.

If you really are set on using a brush to cleanse the skin, this is a good option, I just recommend using it gently (on the lowest setting)

on 10/14/2016 2:42:00 PM

I literally bought 9 other facial brushes from Amazon, this one made 10. All others are random brands and I must say, I'm amazed that any of them are considered effective. This one is the only brush that I actually can push down as I rotate without being able to stop it. I do notice the batteries go dead quickly, but I use it twice a day so that might be it. The brush itself is effective. Not to hard, not to soft- the real issue is it is very small. ( less than 3/4") such works for around the nose, but the surface area of brush needs to be larger so I doesn't take forever to clean your face and neck. This is would the best option on the market- but needs improvements.

on 8/22/2016 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this, it does the job and it makes my skin feel nice and clean

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is very wimpy. It has very little power, even on high. Didn't notice that it did anything special for my face after using it for several weeks. I'm guessing the sonic technology is better. This was not great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a great tool for exfoliating and cleansing deep into your skin. I have had it for a couple of months. I love how it's water resistant and don't need a charger. It helps to smooth out my skin, especially in the first few applications. But lately, I feel like it isn't as effective anymore (still, I prefer using this to just washing using my hands). I'm not a fan of the brush as it's not hygienic for travel. Therefore, I just got a foreo luna. But this is a great introduction to an electrical cleansing device. I can't go back with washing my face with just my hands now.

on 5/8/2016 4:41:00 PM

I have been using this for a few years now on and off. I have to say when I first used this years ago, I was consistent with it and noticed a huge difference. I've always had pretty good skin and with the brush I noticed my skin started looking and feeling a lot more smooth and clear. Eventually, I got lazy and stopped using it for a couple of years.

Recently, I noticed that my skin seemed a lot more clogged than usually and my pores were becoming more noticeable. Before going out and investing on expensive masks and other skin clearing products, I remembered how well this worked for me and started using it again. My skin has improved drastically after using this for 3 weeks consistently, and it continues to get better.

My boyfriend even uses it sometimes because he said it feels really good on his face and make it feel a lot cleaner.

I do have to say, though, that there is a purging phase when you first start using this. Whenever I stop using it and start again, I always have a few days where I notice more breakouts coming to the surface as other reviewers have also mentioned. But I have also noticed that my breakouts go away a lot faster when using this brush also.

I highly recommend this! I have thought about buying a clarisonic in the past but really I don't think it would perform much better than this for my skin, to be honest.

on 3/5/2016 11:26:00 AM

Purges my skin if used on consecutive days. Works fine if used once or twice a week. I use this on days when i hv heavy makeup on. After using an oil cleanser, i will use this brush with a cream/foaming cleanser. Can see the extra makeup (usually foundation) on the brush. Very effective. No more makeup left when i double check with micellar water + cotton pads. Dont like the fact that the buttons are on the top rather than below. Awkward pressing position. So many times i let go of the button

on 2/26/2016 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love!! Never owned a clarisonic but this is a great alternative if you don't want to spend 150 on one - my skin looks great!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools