Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

Olay Pro X Cleansing System

4.4

nn

on 10/14/2016 2:42:00 PM

I literally bought 9 other facial brushes from Amazon, this one made 10. All others are random brands and I must say, I'm amazed that any of them are considered effective. This one is the only brush that I actually can push down as I rotate without being able to stop it. I do notice the batteries go dead quickly, but I use it twice a day so that might be it. The brush itself is effective. Not to hard, not to soft- the real issue is it is very small. ( less than 3/4") such works for around the nose, but the surface area of brush needs to be larger so I doesn't take forever to clean your face and neck. This is would the best option on the market- but needs improvements.

on 8/22/2016 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this, it does the job and it makes my skin feel nice and clean

To Read all 510 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is very wimpy. It has very little power, even on high. Didn't notice that it did anything special for my face after using it for several weeks. I'm guessing the sonic technology is better. This was not great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a great tool for exfoliating and cleansing deep into your skin. I have had it for a couple of months. I love how it's water resistant and don't need a charger. It helps to smooth out my skin, especially in the first few applications. But lately, I feel like it isn't as effective anymore (still, I prefer using this to just washing using my hands). I'm not a fan of the brush as it's not hygienic for travel. Therefore, I just got a foreo luna. But this is a great introduction to an electrical cleansing device. I can't go back with washing my face with just my hands now.

on 5/8/2016 4:41:00 PM

I have been using this for a few years now on and off. I have to say when I first used this years ago, I was consistent with it and noticed a huge difference. I've always had pretty good skin and with the brush I noticed my skin started looking and feeling a lot more smooth and clear. Eventually, I got lazy and stopped using it for a couple of years.

Recently, I noticed that my skin seemed a lot more clogged than usually and my pores were becoming more noticeable. Before going out and investing on expensive masks and other skin clearing products, I remembered how well this worked for me and started using it again. My skin has improved drastically after using this for 3 weeks consistently, and it continues to get better.

My boyfriend even uses it sometimes because he said it feels really good on his face and make it feel a lot cleaner.

I do have to say, though, that there is a purging phase when you first start using this. Whenever I stop using it and start again, I always have a few days where I notice more breakouts coming to the surface as other reviewers have also mentioned. But I have also noticed that my breakouts go away a lot faster when using this brush also.

I highly recommend this! I have thought about buying a clarisonic in the past but really I don't think it would perform much better than this for my skin, to be honest.

on 3/5/2016 11:26:00 AM

Purges my skin if used on consecutive days. Works fine if used once or twice a week. I use this on days when i hv heavy makeup on. After using an oil cleanser, i will use this brush with a cream/foaming cleanser. Can see the extra makeup (usually foundation) on the brush. Very effective. No more makeup left when i double check with micellar water + cotton pads. Dont like the fact that the buttons are on the top rather than below. Awkward pressing position. So many times i let go of the button

on 2/26/2016 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love!! Never owned a clarisonic but this is a great alternative if you don't want to spend 150 on one - my skin looks great!

on 1/16/2016 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have oily acne prone skin. initially I really liked the brush. I love the cleanser that comes with it. I've purchased it again. I began to notice that I would break out each time I used the brush. I wouldn't use it for a week and then as soon as I used it, I would have flare-up. I cleansed and stored it properly. I think it's a good product just not for me. I've had it for about 1 year. didn't cause any issues at first. maybe it did and I notice because I am really working to get my skin clear.

on 12/30/2015 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My skin type: Oily, cystic acne prone, sensitive skin.

Experience with this: About a year, and I have used the Clarisonic Mia 2 for 1.5 years prior. Scarring improves significantly through exfoliation and improved circulation. Skin is clearer and plumper as skin better absorbs moisturisers and lotions :)

Use: Only at night before bed to make sure skin is clean and to improve skin absorption of skin care products. When you start out, I recommend once a day every alternate day in case your skin is sensitive. You can increase frequency of use every 1-2 weeks, but using any cleansing tool too frequently will cause your skin to thin.

Handling: Waterproofing holds up.This is so much lighter than the Mia 2 because it is battery operated. This is useful especially when you travel. Batteries are lighter than a charger, and if you forget the charger you can always buy batteries. I prefer that the handle is slimmer. Also, you can cleanse at your own time and pace. The Mia 2 buzzes when you need to move to different sections on your face and stops when the time is up, and I found this annoying. There are 2 speeds on this; default and faster. I prefer the default speed and use faster for a more deeper/ thorough cleansing for heavier make-up days.

Brush head: This is the only thing that puts the Olay at a disadvantage to the Mia 2; there is only 1 kind. For the Mia 2 I've used on the Normal, Sensitive, Delicate, and Deep Pore Cleansing brushes. The Olay cleans like Sensitive, but similar in terms of touch like Delicate, if that makes sense. Normal and Deep Pore made my skin thin really quickly, and Delicate made my skin break out oddly enough. Sensitive was just a bit rough and I find the Olay brush somewhere between Sensitive and Delicate. If you want a deeper cleanse, I suggest just the faster speed and not pressing it deep into your skin. The easiest way to try the brush is to buy your own brush, and see if any of your friends won't mind letting you try it to see how it feels. Using a brush on your hand is so different than on your face.

Durability: I've dropped it a couple of times from face to waist heights (I'm 5'2/ 159cm) and so far it's been okay (have had it for about a year). I had the Mia 2 for 1.5 years before it just died on me (I bought mine overseas with no international warranty). FYI the battery power dies really quickly after a year so you find yourself charging it almost every 1-2 weeks, a big difference from when you first started using it and charging it every 1-2 months. The Olay is good this way because in the event that it breaks, replacement is a lot kinder on the wallet.

Packaging: No frills. The Mia 2 comes in different colour and designs, and I loved my green Mia 2 (R.I.P.), but the white Olay is clean and simple and you can't really complain as it's sole purpose is to clean your face and it does it satisfactorily.

Overall: I love this better than the Clarisonic Mia 2 primarily because I feel it cleanses enough without thinning out my skin at a price point MUCH lower than the Clarisonic. As an electric facial brush I think this is one of the most value for money products available and one of the best to start with.

on 12/19/2015 1:57:00 PM

I have been using this product for about 3 months now, and I feel like I quite like it and would recommended anyone to give this a try if they are thinking about it.

First up is the price, tho it is a little overpriced (in my opinion), it is still waaaaaay cheaper than Clarisonic. Of course, there's the difference in quality, but if you take a look at the reviews, many of them say that Clarisonic's brushes stop working right after 2 years when the warranty runs out. Ouch.

Initially I wanted to get the Clarisonic Plus (had crazy discounts) to replace my Olay Pro-X, but the risk of it only usable for 2 years was too much (still a student), so I decided not to get it..

Secondly, I think that the build and quality of this is pretty decent. I dropped it TWICE from my standing height to a tiled floor (ouchhh); once it was because it slipped out of my hand while I was using it during my shower, and another time was just carelessness.

I was so worried that it would stop working, but so far, no issues at all. Phew.

Third, it cleanses well. I used to have skin that feels rough; probably due to all the dirt and dead skin?? And I have pimples too.

But after using this my skin feels so much smoother, and pimples has really gone down a big notch. I use this once per day; sometimes in evening after applying makeup cleanser, and sometimes during cleansing in the morning.

I wonder if the Clarisonic would be able to do an even better job, as I feel that the Pro-X still doesn't clean a 100%. But until I got the assurance that their products will last for a much longer period, I will not touch it.

And if my current set actually happens to stop functioning, yes, will repurchase.