Burt's Bees Rose Tinted Lip Balm

Burt's Bees Rose Tinted Lip Balm
Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in RoseRose Tinted Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, olus (vegetable oil, huile vegetale), cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, candelilla cera (euphorbia cerifera wax, cire de candelilla), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, aroma (flavor)*, lanolin, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, cananga odorata flower wax, jasminum officinale (jasmine) flower wax, ammonium glycyrrhizinate, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza). May contain: alumina, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (iron oxides). *natural flavor

on 12/4/2016 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

LOOOOVE the texture of this lip balm! Unlike the regular Burt's, which is a bit too waxy / Chapsticky for me, this has the perfect amount of "slip" - more like a lip butter.

Also smells delicious, and puts a lively rosy pink on my lips. I like that you can swipe this on without a mirror. Staying power is good and as it wears off, the tint and moisturized lips remain.

Plus $5? Can't beat that! This may actually persuade me to switch from Fresh Sugar Lip Balm at $24.

I purchased this by mail from Ulta, and either the mail order is different than in-store, or they have gotten rid of the large, wasteful cardboard tubes that made product look larger than it is. It's the size of a regular Burt's balm.

on 12/3/2016 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wish there was a bigger color variety. I really like this product. I think it feels amazing on the lips, is cheap, is widely available, and I like the packaging. It is a moisturizing tinted lip balm with sheer-medium color pay-off. I love the feel--it almost has a gel-life consistency that isn't at all goopy and never gritty. The lasting power isn't great, but it applies like a Chapstick, so it's not a big deal to reapply. The Rose color is an orangish warm-toned sheer-medium red, and it just isn't quite the color I'm looking for. I'd prefer a cleaner yellow-based pinkish red option with no oranges or browns in it, and none of the colors quite offer it. Even for Rose, I wish it was simply a sheer warm-toned red with no orange in it. I recommend these products highly if you like one of the colors.

on 7/2/2016 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Initially I had such mixed feelings about this product. I absolutely LOVE the color and it's the closest to red that I will dare to wear. :) On the other hand, when I first used this balm, I found the texture and smell so off-putting: slightly gritty, smelled like glue. I also didn't find this lip balm particularly moisturizing either: I always layer it over Aquaphor or plain chapstick. However, I'm really coming around on this balm: the color is seriously beautiful and I layer all of my lip colors over a light layer of chapstick...so what's my problem?! I'm reaching for this balm a lot more as summer turns to fall, because I think the rose-red (not pink!) is a perfect color for the cooler months. Besides, this balm performs very poorly in the heat: it melts all over the place. BUT, I'm all about the color...so I will keep it and work with it and probably buy it again. And I will hope against hope that Burt's adds a vanilla scent.

Rosy pink color that has a natural tint. Color looks much darker than it actually is once put on. Perfect for everyday wear. Love the way it makes me lips look and feel!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm really disappointed in this product. I've heard only good things for years, and finally tonight I caught it on sale so I decided to give it a try. First of all, as others have mentioned here, the smell is really off-putting. For a product marketed for being natural, I really wasn't expecting much of a smell at all, and yet there's a distinct cherry medicine smell and a plasticky taste.

As for the colour, I would *barely* call this a tint. I've tried lots of other lip tints, and the colour pay-off in this is negligible. There's the faintest wash of a colour, less than you'd even get with a Lip Smacker's, and it's very shiny and glossy, which was also a surprise, which makes it impossible to even build the colour. Overall, I feel like I wasted my money and don't see myself using this much. Calling this a tinted lip balm is pretty misleading. As far as I'm concerned, this is neither tinted nor a lip balm. It's a clear, scented lip gloss that retails around $8-10. No thanks.

on 7/10/2015 12:38:00 AM

First of all, the packaging is actually very nice. A bit excessive but the cardboard cylinder opens & there's the ACTUAL tube in it. Who knew, right? I guess it's like an extra protection or whatnot. The whole thing actually looks very nice.

However I was very disappointed with the actual product because it literally tasted like corn candy. The taste & smell was the biggest deal breaker.
But not only that, the balm itself felt sticky & looked a bit shiny. It's also a bit hard to apply evenly because for some reason it didn't seem to settle.

I couldn't keep it on for more than a few minutes before I decided to return it.

on 4/20/2015 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I really like this lip balm. It gives a decent amount of color pay-off. I have naturally reddish lips and this balm enhances the redness of my lips and makes them really stand out without being too "in your face" like a lipstick or gloss would be. It feels moisturizing in the beginning, but does become dry and makes you want to reapply after a couple of hours. I did, in fact, get some dry spots on the sides of my bottom lips after a few hours where the color had settled into the cracks (thats why I had to withhold 1 lippie). So I probably wouldnt use it as an actual moisturizer when I have really dry lips. Instead, I use it when my lips are moisturuzed to begin with and just use it for the gorgeous hint of color that it gives.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this lip balm. I adore it. The rose color is just perfect, gives a natural tint that lasts a long time. It's moisturizing and doesn't have a strong scent. The only downside is that it doesn't have any SPF. However, I still recommend this to anyone looking for a natural looking, moisturizing tinted lip balm.

I super love this lip balm. Talk about an affordable tinted lip balm that gives me the exact, just bitten kind of colour that I need to go with a daily smokey eye. Contrast this with the Christian dior lip blam which is supposed to change to suit your skin tone-45sgd for a lip blam!? no way jose.

The only reason why I gave this one less lippie is because in singapore it retails for 15$ in Sephora (around 7.5 pounds) but I know the UK sells it for only 5 pounds, going down to 3pounds on sale. I know it's not anyones fault really given that everything in SG is way more expensive, but I still can't help but feel cheated /:

I say to use only if you want to look like you have naturally flushed and full coloured lips. Don't expect any lipstick quality pigmentation. Because it adds a right amount of colour to my lips, it goes really well with a natural smokey eye without making me look too overdone during the day. The flush of colour rose has against my pale complexion is absolutely lovely. Dahlia rose is a darker plum so it can pass off as a very subtle lipstick, but still super natural.

This as a lipbalm also receives two thumbs up from me. It's super moisturizing and has everything that a good lip balm has.

Super affordable, super pretty, and super useful.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like the smothness it gives me but its just not really tinted ,or i may just have the same coulor of lips,and it also has like three layers of packaging

Popular Lips Products