4.4

price range

Reviews

3.0

a month ago

My 15 year old swears by this stuff so I buy it at Walgreen's for her. It's OK. Just OK. A little waxy. I can't handle mentholated lip products bu apparently others can. Inexpensive and easy to find.

About reviewer (2452 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

a month ago

I like Carmex better than Chapstick, it goes on smoother and feels less stiff and waxy. However, the strong menthol scent is just a bit too much .

About reviewer (443 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

4 months ago

This balm and the Aquaphor Lip Repair are pretty much the only two that prevent me from having dry, chapped lips which I'm very prone to. It has an spf of 15 which eliminates having to put sunscreen on my lips. The only thing I can't stand with this is the scent and taste...sort of tastes and smells like Vics Vaporub. The consistency is much softer than Chapstick or Burt's Bees and for that reason, it's not ideal for applying underneath most lipsticks as it makes them slide around too much. I prefer using this one at night before bed and use other lip balms that are harder in consistency underneath lip colors.

About reviewer (151 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3.0

8 months ago

Good lip balm but there’s better.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlack

2 years ago

When I was taking roacutan this miracle helped me a lot with my lips. I really love this lip balm y don’t love the taste and the packaging but I think that’s not important.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

I have several of these lying around, it’s a good basic lip balm with spf. What I love about this is that it’s not a shiny balm, but a semi-matte. Small con: it crumbles a bit, leaving you with little whitish specks of balm in the corners of your mouth. Not a very pretty sight :’) Packaging is okay, it’s a small stick which fits easily in the smallest bag/pocket, but I have had some difficulties with the product once it has been turned up too high and won’t go back in the tube. Other than that, it’s good value for money and I am known to give these babies away like candy, because I just can’t bear seeing people I care about with dry lips ;).

About reviewer (446 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

3 years ago

Make my dry lips smooth and the strong taste make my lips swollen and bigger.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

Wow, this feels unique on my lips, almost like a protective moisturizing gel layer. Love at first sight for my winter dry tortured lips. I'm in lip balm heaven!!!

About reviewer (195 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

My HG lip balm - the texture is a cross between perfectly greasy and creamy, but my lips never feel oily, chapped or under/over-moisturized. Tubes are cheap, last me months and the minty feeling dissipates (but feels nice and cooling upon application). Doesn't effect how lipsticks or stains wear. Have and will repurchase!

About reviewer (218 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Fine

EyesBlue

1.0

4 years ago

I hate both the minty feeling of this and the smell. I wanted something with SPF to protect my lips under my lipsticks so I got this. But it goes on so oily that it doesn't work that well when worn layered. As for how moisturizing it is, meh, it isn't great. But I will continue to bear with this until I'm done. Will not repurchase!

About reviewer (231 reviews)

Age25-29