3.6

Shop Now

Reviews

1.0

4 days ago

Why are all ELF products so dark and yellow?

About reviewer (45 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

5 days ago

The bottle I purchased is called Flawless Satin Foundation (I'm not entirely sure it is the same), I chose Pearl which is deceptively lighter than it would appear from outside the frosted glass bottle. It is labeled 'Neutral Undertones' but even though I am very pale it manages to give me a grayish cast. The "fragrance" is really something else, it smells like my grandma's trailer house. Good memories but I don't necessarily want that smell emanating from my face. o.O I use a foundation brush, which pushes this foundation around. It has sort of a Crisco consistency and if worked a bit too hard will just disappear. It does layer and will eventually blend. As far as I can tell there is no sunscreen in this foundation, so I would not be able to use it in summer because my skin with sunscreen and foundation will just go orange on me immediately. This product has many dimethicones and silicas and other things I would need to update my glasses to read. Maybe I will try the next darker shade because it is not expensive, but that depends on the smell and whether or not it dissipates. I have had trouble with my complexion getting lighter in winter and it seems I am constantly trying different brands/shades to compensate, Revlon Colorstay in the lightest shade is currently a bit orange on me and has been irritating my skin as well.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Fine

17 days ago

After hearing many YouTubers rave about this I thought I would try it. It’s a nice long wearing foundation. It doesn’t look cakey. On my dry/dehydrated skin it gives a demi matte finish. Coverage is medium on my skin. Doesn’t settle into fine lines. Preforms just like higher end foundations. For the price I recommend it.

About reviewer (101 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2 months ago

I was browsing the cosmetics aisles at Target, and saw this foundation. I loved the packaging and it was only $6, so I decided to give it a try. I'm so impressed! I didn't think it would be as good as it is.The shade Vanilla is a perfect match for me. It comes with a pump (yay!) and is easy to apply with my fingers or a beauty blender. It blends in beautifully and gives me light to medium coverage, with a bit of a glow. It didn't settle into fine lines and actually seemed to blur my pores. Blush, highlighter and setting powder applied smoothly over this and it lasted pretty well through the day. It actually wore as well as some expensive foundations I've used. It's easy to find just about anywhere, and only $6! I will definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

from

4 months ago

I did like this at first but for some reason it looks soo heavy on me and doesn't wear very well. it just doesnt work for my skin but that is likely because it is a thicker formula which generally dont tend to look good on me. thinner formulas are what look and work the best for me, plus it is very very strongly scented which i didnt mind at first but has started to bother me after awhile

About reviewer (163 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

6 months ago

I have sensitive skin, so this didn’t work for me. I wanted to love this so much because of the perfect chocolate-color match, the ability to control shine and the pretty finish. But the day after I wore this for the first time, I started getting painful bumps. I checked the ingredients and noticed that there’s Silica. I definitely can’t wear that. Other people have mentioned fragrance. While I can’t smell it, I know that my skin doesn’t do well with that product. But if your skin isn’t sensitive, this is an awesome product!

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Other

3.0

8 months ago

This foundation is cheap and cheerful. I figured, why not try it for the price. I got it in ‘natural’ and it was a decent match for my NC13 skin. It was ok for me but not amazing. It was just a bit too matte and drying on my dry skin. I can see that it would work if my skin was less dehydrated. One thing I could not get past though was the fragrance. It was so strong and I really did not care for it. Overall, not for me.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

9 months ago

This is a Hidden Gem. ELF has really Advanced their Product line and I can't be more Impressed. This Product is Packaged in thick Glass which is something an Expensive High End Product Line would do and comes with a Pump. A very little goes a Very long way. I started by using a Maybelline face Primer which was nothing expensive, pumped 2 Squirts (which was too much) on my Blending sponge and blended into my face. I have very porous skin and this gave me Full Coverage, Porcelain Skin. I typically finish my face with loose powder and didn't need to. I am shook on how great my face looks. I ordered this online and was lucky that the shade I picked matched perfectly. I would absolutely purchase this again and I highly recommend it.

About reviewer (110 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

10 months ago

I don’t usually opt for DS foundations but I decided to try this one and surprisingly it’s not heavy and and doesn’t stick to my dry patches . It isn’t full coverage , I apply two pumps and that’s good enough for me . I picked the color cashew as I’m starting to get darker and it matched my skin well. There isn’t a smell so that’s good. For $8 it’s a good foundation and I will repurchase if I need to!

About reviewer (46 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

a year ago

this is definitely one of my HG foundations that ive been reaching for and the only one i actually got a back up for. some foundations i have overtime they look very textured and patchy because of how dry and textured my skin is. this elf foundation however doesnt, it looks so smooth and flawless with a natural satin finish. i love using this for when i want more coverage as this is high medium-high coverage, lasts all day and doesnt define texture or sink into fine lines. i wouldnt wear this if your going to be sweating as it isnt water or sweat proof. so easy to blend into the skin and a little goes along way because the coverage is amazing for an underrated brand. it covers almost all redness and discolourations i have and does brighten up your face a little for a subtle glow from within look. it comes in 40 different shades which they expanded recently and covers lots of skin tones which is a big improvement from their other foundations. i highly recommend this foundation for if you like a little bit of a natural glow but still want good coverage.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

Age19-24