e.l.f. Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

3.6

Water (Aqua), AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Green Tea (Camelia Sinensis) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vc), Tocophryl Acetate (Ve) Retinyl Acytate (Va), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok this is my holy grail, finally I have my own holy grail. This restored my faith in makeup products and the world. Finally I found something that actually works. Finally something that everyone is crazy over, I am too. I actually noticed a difference in the longevity of my makeup, it's just unbelievable, that my ultra-oily skin would find its savior. Yes my skin still gets oily, but it's not the disgusting oily anymore, just normal, and I hope, acceptable, oily, you know? Just be careful not to spray too much which I do sometimes because I didn't feel like I got much spray on a part of my face (ok I think the pump might be what to blame?) and I'd spray too much and it would drip from my face actually...you don't want that. But I do love how I look right after I sprayed it, my wet skin looks so pretty and dreamy...or is it just because I've gotten some product on my eyelashes so I couldn't see my flaws clearly? Seriously though, don't get it in your eyes because it really irritates them, again, happens when you spray too much. I use around 6 sprays each time, or at least I try to...

A bottle lasts a few months and I've bought them a few times already.

I love this product so much.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Compolitian UK had an article about best misting sprays. The matte version of this setting spray was comparable to some high end setting sprays, ranked 9 out of 10. I am not one to use a setting spray, so I decided to give this a try. $4 is a great deal at Wal-Mart, but I couldn't find the matte version.

This setting spray has a horrible mister. It releases too much product and you end up soaked like someone threw water at your face. It gave my face a burning sensation, so be careful sensitive skin people.

It also did nothing for my makeup longevity, I think partly because of the mister. I tried to use this for brushes to apply eyeshadow but it completely soaked my brushes and made the eyeshadow patchy.

I am not sure how this made it on the Cosmo UK list. Save your money.

Not for me. It literally doesn't "set" anything on me and my makeup gets oily as fast as usual. If anything its another layer of gunk on my face to pool with my foundation unless I use something to set it, that actually works. I don't want a setting spray I need to set with another spray! lol

I think almost all other setting sprays I've tried are better than this one: Urban Decay, Hourglass and my HG Coola set+spf spray.
For me its not even good for the price, id rather slather on some of their setting powder if I was short on cash.

Sorry not sorry for being blunt. Glad to see others like it though.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Good but horrible mister. I pored it over in an empty bottle from another brand which has a better mister. The product itself works to prolong the wear time of your make up. It does not make your face look more dewy or more natural. I use another product for that ( Make Up Revolution Ultra Pro Glow) and then finish with the Elf one. After you have used the product rinse the mister with water so there wont be any product residue clogging up the mister for next use.

I'm VERY disappointed in this product! I spent $8 (US) on a very small bottle. Used it for 3 days, just for it to burn my skin! My face is covered in burns and blisters. On my nose, under my eyes, my lips, chin, forehead. I've been to the emergency room for it causing my face to feel like it's melting. I can't open my mouth, blink my eyes, even lay my face on my pillow at night because of the product. I've bought a lot of elf products to use. I love them all, but this situation has caused me not to trust any of their other products again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This makes my make up last long, sprays nicely and has a great price! I will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

For the price, it really doesn't hurt to give this spray a try because I know some people absolutely love this product. Personally though, I did not enjoy using it because of the spray. It comes out in splotches and makes me feel like I'm being rained on. I also don't notice a huge difference in the longevity of my makeup. Overall, there are definitely better sprays out there, even in the drugstore so I would not be repurchasing.

[1]

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was skeptical about this product given the mixed reviews on this site but this was rated 9.5/10 on an internet magazine article compared to more expensive sprays, so I rushed out to buy this. I love this spray because it actually works. I spray this in the morning and my foundation is intact when I get home from work. I can tell the most in pictures. I was worried about breaking out because I have sensitive skin but I have been using this for a week and no break ups. I prefer setting spray as opposed to touching up with powder midday. Love this!! The other reviews about the mist being too heavy is true. I would recommend holding this far from your face, and walking into the mist. Or transferring it to a different bottle with a finer mist.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I will give the least calification posible because I used it just once, but that was enough to get a horrible breakout in my whole face. I never had pimples in my cheeks neither in my forehead but sadly now I have. Besides, the mister is awful.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Price:
$3.00 for 2 oz. ; $6.00 for 4.1 oz.

I'm giving this 5 lippies because I think the product is good and does what it is intended to do with no irritation to my face, no noticeable, lingering, fragrance and no stickiness. I will express my dislike of the product's mister and only give it 2 lippies for packaging. Come on E.L.F. it's not that difficult to make a better mister but the price is so good I feel kind of bad griping about the mister because it's not terrible, it just needs to be finer and more consistent.

This review is for the regular, I have not tried the Matte Magic Mist & Set.

This setting spray is not bad for the price. Is it the best I have ever used? No... but the ingredients are decent and it does set my makeup, makes it last longer and takes away the powdery look which I really dislike. I prefer a more dewy finish.

I have purchased several bottles of this and the sprayers seem to be hit or miss. Some seem to be worse than others but none are great. These are so cheap that I always keep a few on hand to use to spray my brushes to apply shadow to the lid, usually shimmers that I want to stay exactly in that one place on the lid and not migrate up toward the crease colors and it works fabulously. My shadow doesn't budge all day long. I detect almost no fragrance and what little there is dissipates almost immediately. I don't mind some pleasant light fragrance in a setting spray. I love the smell of Milani's and Flower Cosmetic's Seal the Deal sprays(Flower's mister is excellent, Milani's sprayer is not bad not great, hit or miss but I love the product).

I buy 2 of the large size E.L.F. for $12.00 and I put them into my empty Skindinavia setting spray bottle which has a really nice sprayer and I saved myself about 50% and have 8.2 ounces for $12.00, less if I catch it during an E.L.F. sale. During December they had 50% off everything so I stocked up, which gave me 8.2 oz. for $6.00.

I have no problem spending money for high end items but I honestly think there are many setting sprays, high end and drugstore, that are all just about the same. I prefer to spend my money on high end items that have no other similar products like them that are far less money. I don't care if my setting spray doesn't have a high end name on it. I think many drugstore setting sprays get a bad review/rating because of the sprayer, not the product itself. It's not that difficult to just put a good, inexpensive product into the empty setting bottle that has a mister you prefer. Speaking of misters..... One high end(not sure why it is...ugh), ...that I really did not like was Cover FX Illuminating. I was not prepared to have globs of liquid glitter on my face and to have to shake it up super well like a can of spray paint...( avoid unless you love glitter on your face. It might be good for New Years Eve or Mardis Gras, but for every day, not for me!). I hardly ever return things, but that one I did.

Description from the website:

4.1 ounce-Our best-seller is now 2x the size! This skin nourishing Makeup Mist & Set Spray is designed to hold your makeup in place, extend its staying power and revitalize makeup color. This formula contains aloe, green tea, cucumber, and vitamins A, C, and E to soothe and hydrate the skin.

2ounce-The ultimate must-have, the Makeup Mist & Set Spray is designed to hold your face and eye makeup in place all day and to revitalize makeup color with just a few sprays. The formula contains aloe, green tea, cucumber, and vitamins A, C, and E to soothe and hydrate the skin. Spray on your brush or sponge prior to makeup application for extended hold and vibrant color.

Ingredients:

Water (Aqua), AMP-acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Retinyl Palmitate (Va) Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vc), Green Tea Extract,Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Aloe Arborescens Leaf Extract, Methylparaben,Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Phenoxyethanol

Popular Misc Beauty Tools