Retin-A 0.05%

Retin-A 0.05%

4.8

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Thats my secret and my holly grail for clear skin even if i eat a lot of sweets and dairy. I use it for a month now every other night or until my skin starts to peel off and when it comes to normal with moisture i start again. I had two slim lines on my forehead and the starting to disappear also i dont get any pimples,my blackheads are fading. The worst part with this treatment is the flaky skin but i dont care i use cicaplast from la roche possay every night with the retina and sunscreen every single day. I had used so many products for acne and discolorations but this one left me speechless. You should try it but keep in mind that your skin needs a good moisturiser,a repairing cream and sunscreen. I will come back with another review.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My skin is photosensitive and at 50 yrs old i am just starting to see a fine line or two. So my dermatologist perscribed retin a to help with sun damage and the lines. I started out using it twice a week working my way up to five days a week. My skin was very sensitive for many weeks and i had to be gery gentle with my routine and products . i am super diligent on moisture cream and masks and only had very minor skin peeling and dryness on the top of my cheak area. I used my exfoliater very very gently more of a patting motion on my skin to help remove dead skin My skin is looking amazing. very gery smooth and soft my pores are definatly reducing in size and the leathery look on my forehead is diminishing My skin is looking younger and rejuvenated and healthy I will keep on using this cream but am visiting my dermatologist wvery few months so she can also moniter the progress as like any medication you should be monitered. Speak to a professional and give this cream a chance

on 4/29/2016 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have Retin-A forte 0.05 gel that I purchased in Mexico. I like the consistency of the gel, it doesn't pill on the skin, and absorbs quickly I do have sensitive skin so I only apply this once, maybe twice a week, but never more than that. It did cause some dryness, but not any irritation. Personally I didn't find this any more drying than otc products like salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide. This helped a lot with clogged pores, particularly on my chin which was rather problematic and had no responded to BHA's or AHA's. I haven't gotten any new acne since starting this, and it has improved the overall appearance of my skin, My skin looks fresher, brighter, and less dull.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

First of all I tried the Johnson brand... Although I could see it working (the purge was not pretty!) my skin wouldn't settle. I always found the cream difficult in regards to product layering so lo an behold, I tried this gel. Best beauty decision I made!! It glides on and you only need a thin layer of this stuff to work some magic - a little goes a long way. My skin has settled and I'm down to 3 times a week in order to maintain results. I suffer from terrible hormonal acne that's been slowly destroying my skin for the past few years... This has been my skins saviour! Spots that lasted weeks are gone within a couple of days and my skin tone has evened out ridding me of that horrible 'patchy' look. Maybe one day I'll be able to go make up free without fear; not there yet but I can see it happening. If anyone on here is London based and has trouble getting hold of Retin A online (I certainly did) I was able to buy via gumtree and collect the tube in person the same day! https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/005-retin-a-gel-genuine-same-day-pick-up/1165400137 ... It's given me peace of mind because I can't afford a Derm. Hope it helps someone x

on 10/26/2015 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I'm perimenopausal and over past couple of years, trying to deal with a combo of hyperpigmentation and break outs. I've tried a variety of products, none with any great success.

In August took the plunge and started using retin a every other night, along with an acid toner and reasonably priced serum - hallelujah I can see progress! It took about 2 months for the dark patches to start shrinking. Spots are not so frequent and complexion looks more refined

This is one product which will stay with me - don't overuse, less is more

Was given this by my GP. I am having some very bad cystic acne after my boy is 1 year old, my hormones trying to balance up. Nothing works as well as this cream. Vit A is also for anti-ageing. So I will use this forever.

I see immediate effect after using it for 3 days. Now after almost 2 weeks, my cyctis acne clears up, skin looks clearer, marks lightens slightly. Can see radiance on my face and my skin looks younger:):)

My dr suggestion me:-

AM: Lotion cleanser - Moisturing toner - Clindamycin gel 1% - La Roche Posay SPF 50 tinted fluid - ZA powder SPF 20

PM: Muji Cleansing Oil - Lotion cleanser - Moisturing toner - Clindamycin gel 1% - Moisturizer - Retin-A

I paid about SGD 20 for 15g tube of Retin-A and I can claim thru insurance.

So far no dryness, just use sparingly, 2 small green beans size, less is more. The climate in Singapore is very humid, so my GP said no need moisturizer in AM.

on 7/17/2014 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Used this as a teenager. Adult acne is worse than teen acne. Never had cystic pimples until reaching my 30's. So I went back to what I know.....Retin A .05% cream. Please use this with caution and its Rx only! Strictly for night time use before bed. My new routine is working wonders. Skin has noticeably improved within two weeks! Products I use along with Retin A.....Burts Bee's Radiance Cleanser, Kiss my Face sunblock, Extra virgin Olive Oil (night time moisturizer) & witch hazel for toner. My pores are much smaller, no more cystic pimples popping up and acne scars are gradually fading! those who aren't oily be careful...this product will make you dry & flaky if you aren't careful. Also I put the Retin A cream on after I moisturize w/the Olive Oil. Allow 15 minutes after you've cleansed your skin to apply the Retin A. I haven't experienced any flaking or dry skin!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have used Retin A on and off since my teens many years ago. Then it only came in a gel and I couldnt tolerate it.

I now use the cream, mix it with a bit of cold cream so it spreads easier. I've noticed finer pores, less discoloration, fewer fine lines and in general better skin. I alternate it every other night with Beyond Belief AHA/BHA cream.

There have been times that I've slacked off and my skin returns to it former state and then I go back on it. It is worth the results. Someone even asked me if I had microdermabrasion treatments (I havent).

I will continue using Retin A. It is expensive, but keep in mind if you are traveling, in many countries it can be bought over the counter. Also use of a highly effective sunscreen is a must year round, but in my opion, its worth it!

on 7/4/2014 5:53:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I started using Retin-A early in 2012 for general aging prevention/reversal, as I was starting to see my mom's skin in the mirror every day and I just wasn't ready for that.

I used it every other day, alternating first with petroleum jelly patted on over damp skin, and later with a salicylic acid moisturizer (I wanted to use AHA's, but after repeated tries I just couldn't make it work without irritation). I didn't experience purging but my skin did become dryer and more sensitive; I switched my cleanser from cold cream to a rinsable oil because early in my use of Retin-A I found I couldn't tolerate the daily wiping to remove the cold cream. I had to be very careful to use only extremely gentle cleansers. I did experience moderate flaking for some months, but once I was able to use a very gentle exfoliant cloth (wiping, not rubbing, with almost no pressure) it was a minimal problem.

Several months in I noticed that my enlarged pores were much less prominent. The texture of my skin became smoother and finer. In general, my skin looked good, and I was satisfied. What I was not prepared for was that suddenly, about a year after I started Retin-A, my skin started looking *gorgeous*. It seriously had an amazing glow to it that I almost couldn't believe and was so even and beautiful.

Shortly after the one-year mark I moved and the disruption was enough to throw me off my skin care routine for over a month. My skin quickly went back to looking ordinary and my enlarged pores became more prominent again. I really regret stopping the Retin-A and now I'm back on it, going through the initial dryness and slight flaking. I alternate every other night with Up&Up (Target brand) .5% salicylic acid and will work back up to Paula's Choice 2% cream which is very rich and moisturizing. Once a week I give my skin a break from actives and just moisturize with Vaseline on damp skin. I notice the texture of my skin starting to improve already. The only thing I wish Retin-A did better was reducing the visibility of the sebaceous filaments on my nose. It has not addressed those at all.

on 5/6/2014 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Price: Free with insurance
Packaging: Tube
Rating: 5 Stars

I was prescribed Retin-A about five years ago, and have used it on-and-off since then. When I use it consistently, it takes my mild/moderate acne completely away. My problem is that I am not entirely consistent with my application. I want flawless skin by June 15th, and I know that I can have it with consistent use. Today is May 6, 2014.

I am using the Retin-A in combination with Obagi Blender and Proderma Light (for the body). I am planning on posting pictures of my progress once everything is complete.

Use Retin-A, just be consistent with your use. It works very well. Allows you to not wear makeup.