Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Oil

100% pure Tea Tree Oil

on 9/22/2014 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have eczema and when I scratch, the sore will swell up like a mosquito bite. I tried using tea tree oil to bring the swelling and redness down. It didn't seem to have much effect but I have not really had a chance to try it for anything else yet.

on 9/25/2013 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I only wish I discovered tea tree oil sooner - a decade sooner. Having tried three different antibiotics for acne and a bunch of prescription creams - Retin A, Isotrexin, Duac, Erythromycin - along with the usual over the counter creams - this is the only thing that brings relief to my breakouts.

It's reduces the inflammation, shrinks the pimples and seems to stop the bacteria from spreading further. It's possible to use this under make-up until the breakout goes away. Prescription creams make my skin flake like crazy.

I use this straight from the bottle when I need to and other times mix it with a moisturiser. I also use it (diluted) when I feel like I'm getting an ear infection and on my flaky scalp.

Between my bad skin, ears and scalp - and a tendency to get bitten by insects - I go through a lot of this stuff so the six Euros for 10mls add up but that's nothing in comparison to the cost of prescription creams and branded cleansers.

The smell is strong but it's also freshing so I don't mind (not like the smelly sock effect of Apple ciger vinegar). In any case, the smell is a small price for an oil that does so much.

Also, most of the acne prescription creams are not safe to use when pregnant but tea tree oil is. I'm not pregnant but I find this reassuring.

on 3/15/2013 3:14:00 AM

Of all the treatments I've tried, I think I like TTO the best. Why, yes, I do. Most of the topicals you can purchase nowadays contain either Salicylic Acid (which made me peel far too much for my liking) or Benzoyl Peroxide (which burned my skin and caused severe dryness). I dislike both of those options and wanted something more natural this time so I gave TTO a go and was really pleased with its effectiveness.

Some points if you're interested:

- It seriously stops the pimple/blemish (even cystic!) dead in its tracks. Though the pimple will not completely disappear overnight, it definitely works to eat away at the bacteria causing the problem. And it goes to work instantly so if you catch a blemish early enough, it'll hardly become a problem for you as TTO will take it from there.

-It does not cause peeling or dry skin. I found that the only side effect was a bit of redness on the areas you apply it. However, I should note that I did NOT dilute as maybe you should? (what can I say, I live on the edge. :P ok, yeah, not really) I used it raw out of the bottle and applied with a Q-Tip to problem areas. It feels somewhat cold on your skin but is NOT at all painful. The redness does die down a littttttttttttle once the TTO dries but, yes, it is still there. Personally, I was willing to put up with the redness, considering the chemical topical alternatives can and HAVE done much worse.

-This may only make sense to me, myself and I but I love that it kills the bacteria WITHOUT bringing it to a head. Yes, yes, I know I'm weird. And yes, it may take a day or two longer to disappear this way, but it honestly makes my life so much easier when concealing it under makeup since there is no break in the skin, no dryness/peeling to deal with, rather, I only have to contend with the redness instead of all three like with other chemical-based counterparts. Anyone see what I mean?

- Speaking of makeup, you can even wear TTO UNDER your makeup and forget about it for the day while it goes to work. What I mean is you won't have to worry about what it's doing to your face throughout the day. Let me explain why this makes me happy: Again, I don't know if it's only me who has had to deal with this but let me tell a little story; I once had a pimple that I figured I would treat with Clean&Clear's S.A. throughout the day. It said right on the bottle that it is PERFECTLY FINE to wear under makeup, so I figured this was a great way to speed up the healing process and get rid of the sucker. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of believing that it would be fine. I was horrified when I looked in the mirror half way through the day to find that the S.A. had made me peel, taking my concealer/powder/confidence with it. :s Needless to say, I never wore Salicylic Acid in public ever again. Anyway, TTO on the other hand will work under your makeup and will not give you any surprises that will make you cringe.

Overall, I'd say TTO is the best alternative to Benzoyl Peroxide, without the dryness or burning. As others have said, it's not a miracle worker but it certainly does help and so far it's one of the only products that can actually combat cysts. It's not overly cheap (10ml for $8 where I am) but seeing as you don't need to use very much for it to take effect, I suppose it's not terribly priced either. As well, it has quite a long shelf life, as long as it's stored properly. The smell bothered me at first (it has a spicy smell imo) but once I was used to it, I came to tolerate and even like it. Anyway, I definitely recommend TTO as an alternative to the harsh chemicals that may very well be damaging your skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have been suffering from mild acne for a long time. I always get these nasty whiteheads all over my face. Sometimes these whiteheads would turn into pustules. So I have been, and I am still trying to find the perfect solution to treat my pimples. Anyways, this product is good for spot treatment only. Do not rub it over your entire face because it will cause redness. I think it is a relatively effective spot treatment. It dries up the infected area and it fastens the healing process. But do not expect a miracle. Treating acne and pimples need time. Do not expect an overnight result. It takes time but I would say, it does help mostly with pustules but not so much whiteheads/blackheads.

on 8/3/2011 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is very good tea tree oil. I think it's quite pure and not watered down. I trust this brand for their tea tree products, and I also use their Tea Tree mouth wash.

on 1/27/2011 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

As far as i'm concerned this is the original and the best pimple treatment around. TP TTO is the brand found in every pharmacy and supermarket in Australia, it is 100% pure and always fresh and potent, the dark glass jar is also a bonus. I use it straight from the bottle and rub into a pimple with a clean finger and while it doesn't make the pimple disappear it stops them getting worse. I alternate between this and Mario Badescu's buffering lotion and while neither products are perfect, everyone needs an acne treatment every now and then and i think TTO is the best for 'normal' acne and the buffering lotion the best for deeper cystic pimples.

Also if your skin is just feeling a bit dirty and you feel like a breakout is on it's way i like to mix a few drops of this in with my moisturiser and the anti-bacterial properties work wonders. You certainly don't need to bother with The Body Shop TTO moisturiser which as far as i can ascertain is just water, TTO and thickening agents. A bottle of this is dirt cheap and can be used any way you like, chuck out your clearasil and use this instead, you won't regret it!

Popular Body Skincare Products