Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Oil

Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Oil

4.5

100% pure Tea Tree Oil

on 3/8/2016 7:52:00 PM

I bought tea tree oil for two purposes, one for spot treating my random acne spots. Use very very little as the concentration is high. Might end up burning sensitive skin instead. 2nd use is to add it into my shampoo, to kill mites and stuff, and to help with dandruff. Works wonders. My scalp stopped itching after two washes. Pretty pricey but well worth spending on.

on 2/24/2016 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Have been suffering with severe cystic acne for almost a year now. My skin used to be clear and only get the occasional cystic acne during that time of the month. Not sure what went wrong but I have been having continuous cystic acne all over my forehead. At one time I had around 15 of them (gross I know but it's really painful than disgusting). Have tried everything from homemade brands, high end brands and organic brands, nothing worked. For a few months, Body Shop's tea tree oil worked but then my skin stopped reacting to it and the major breakout continues damaging my skin. I have just started using this for a few days but I can already see obvious differences! I put some on a cotton pad and just wipe over the problematic areas (basically all over my wide forehead). It stings a bit but it's not that bothersome and definitely worth the money. As compared to Body Shop's tea tree oil, this has a higher concentration (which explains the sting) and also has way more product, I think twice (if i'm not mistaken) for approximately the same price. I will definitely continue using this and hopefully it will continue clearing up my cystic acne. Will update again in a few weeks (hopefully I'll remember) Please remember things may not work the same way on different people too!

To Read all 36 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I used this for spot treatment and mix it with ACV toner. It does dry out pimples but it doesn't really help with deep cystic acne or blind pimples. The packaging sucks. Please make a dropper or something, knowing that you need it in drops.

Worst product ever. It didn't made my acne or acne scars better or fade but it also made it more red. It also burns your skin badly. Pricey in my country and has no good results. Disappointed.

on 10/2/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Work wonders. I have super sensitive skin prone to a few pimples now and again. When I feel a little bump coming I'll dab some oil directly on it overnight and by the next morning it'll have gone down in size. I'll put some on again under my moisturizer and makeup in the morning too. I feel like it's great at preventing full blown breakouts. I do get a bit of a red mark because of it but you can cover that with makeup (can't cover a swollen zit with makeup!) snd it'll fade after you stop using the oil on it. Yes really strong smell but that also fades and I've gotten used to it. I can't live without this product!

I am loving tea tree essential oils! I used this in my DIY yoga mat cleaner, which smells great and helps kill bacteria. But I remembered recently that tea tree oil should work on pimples as well, so I tried it on my time of the month pimples and they shrunk in size within 24 hours! I am never going back to Clean and Clear Acne Spot Treatment (which worked for me but definitely not at the rate that tea tree oil does)! It is so good for your skin, great for sensitive skin, all natural, and if you don't care for the smell- this product is for you! So many great uses too, not just pimples and for cleaning. At the store I bought it at, the sales person also gave me a little booklet that describes all of tea tree oils uses. I recommend asking if the store has something like that as well!

on 9/22/2014 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have eczema and when I scratch, the sore will swell up like a mosquito bite. I tried using tea tree oil to bring the swelling and redness down. It didn't seem to have much effect but I have not really had a chance to try it for anything else yet.

on 7/26/2014 11:38:00 PM

Great for treating itchy acne but be careful not to overuse as it can be very drying . Good for red bumpy acne , and crystic acne . Does not work on whiteheads and blackheads for me . I also use the lotion version which is good because it treats acne without overflying . I love the smell .

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know why, but since a trip to NYC about 2 years ago I've had really terrible seborrhoeic dermatitis on my nose - as in, face dandruff. It can be super painful but it's also really embarrassing. Basically the skin on my nose goes really shiny and crinkly, then peels off, and just keeps peeling, and peeling, and if sometimes leaves large flakes of skin hanging there but if you go to peel it off, the skin starts bleeding.

Nothing was helping, steroid creams, antibiotic creams, antibacterial creams, nothing. I tried exfoliating, I tried not exfoliating, I tried everything and also tried abstaining from everything but it wasn't helping.

Finally it got to the point where the amount of peeling at the side of one of my nostrils was actually making it look like my nostril was changing shape and becoming deformed, and I read that tea tree oil can help kill the bacteria that causes dandruff.
So twice a day for about a week, I used a cotton tip and covered my nose in tea tree oil, and it's totally working.

There is still some flaking going on, but it's only been a week, but that one part of heavy peeling has cleared up and my nostril has returned to it's normal shape, and now rather than my whole nose flaking up it's really just the creases on the side of my nose and I'm sure that will clear up soon too.

This is seriously changing my life, I was becoming so ashamed of my nose and I could moisturise it everytime I saw flaking which would equal like 15 times a day and it was still so obvious.

I know most of the people on here are talking about acne treatment and stuff, but if you have chronic itching, scaly, flaking skin on your face / seborrhoeic dermatitis, give this stuff a shot. It stings a little, but it's worth it.

on 4/8/2014 11:59:00 AM

I have been looking for a HG product to treat my pimples, but most products eg OXY contain benzoyl peroxide which dries my pimple up but does not really help it... I bought Thursday Plantation tea tree blemish gel when I was having a HUGE pimple in the centre of my nose (it's normal for me) and once I put it on... The redness was visibly reduced along with the size. I was delirious. Before it I had googled ways to treat it ie: Michelle phan- baking soda and water and many others. But it seemed to only dry up the pimple and making it redder. It was difficult to conceal too with the scaly parts. So I would recommend Thursday plantation tea tree oil products! Recently I switched to the oil, because I managed to finish my tube of gel (it lasted quite long!) and the gel was all OOS :-( But I'm not disappointed with what it can do. I had a "hidden"- the head refused to come out despite my efforts- pimple on my nose (I know haha LOL). I dabbed the oil after moisturising my cleansed face at around 11PM. I was still awake at 3AM so I took at my nose. The head came out! Despite my urges I decided to go against bursting it. I woke up the next day with the pimple entirely gone:-)
Gel vs oil
The gel is better option if you want it to be less messy. Also, you can use a Q-tip when applying to your pimple instead. But if you ask me- both is fine

It's rather affordable. I can bear with the scent, but I know of people who can't, so it depends on your preferences. Just like the cooling sensation afterwards (it does leave after a while). Plus tea tree oil is much less harsh for our skin compared to chemicals like BP. So it's worth a try for your zits. Plus it's multi-purpose so yay!!

ps/ I would suggest using this in the night as your face will turn out very oily unless you cleanse your face and put it immediately and wait a few hours and use a tissue to lightly dab the excess oil before continuing with your makeup.

Popular Body Skincare Products