Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF
Hope Oil-Free SPF

3.6

Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (3.75%), Oxybenzone (4.0%), Zinc Oxide (4.53%). Inactives: Water (Aqua), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dibutyl Adipate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Glycerin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Behenyl Alcohol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Arachidyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Dimethicone, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Beta-Glucan, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Arachidyl Glucoside, Maltodextrin, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Leaf Extract, Arginine, Benzyl Alcohol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This doesn't make my face break out. That's amazing. However, I have to mix it with a more moisturizing product to take care of my dry skin. And too much product comes out of the tube at once.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Finally an SPF that doesn't leave my skin looking greasy and sinks in quickly!
It works well with my foundations
Paraben and frangrance free
Doesn't clog my skin
No need for a seperate moisturizer
SPF 30, perfect for everyday and summer protection
Antioxidants!!!

This is my everyday moisturizer. Works well with my acne-prone, combination skin and sits well under makeup. Living in Florida, oil free is a must for me. This moisturizes without drying out my skin.

on 9/5/2011 10:20:00 AM

Sinks right in--not greasy. Perfect for under makeup. Got this as part of the Sephora sunscreen kit. Won't re-buy because I'll be trying other new things.

on 7/27/2011 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have an oily and sensitive skin but without acne. Since I use this, my face started to look terrible very dull and small acnes everywhere. Then I gave it to my husband. Even his normal skin turned to be oily and dull like my skin. Went to a dermatologist and she suggested me to stop using this product and use a moisurizer and spf separately instead, then my face went back to normal after that.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

Great moisturizer for my oily skin! Absorbs quickly, but still feels moisturizing. I love the high spf!
Since my skin is so oily, my biggest issue is how the moisturizer performs through out the day. I find that most moisturizers with spf grease up horribly, by lunch. This one doesn't that much. I still get a bit greasy, but not as bad as with most other ss I've tried.
I'm on my third tube of this and I'll probably be buying another one.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This moisturizer is great. A sample came in my SPF Sephora Sun Kit I ordered and it's what I go to for the days I don't feel like putting on makeup. It's extremely lightweight like it claims to be and I actually feel like my skin's being protected from the sun's UV rays. Also, a little goes a very long way. I would recommend putting it on a completely dry face though, because it's harder to mix in when there's any sort of water on your skin. If this were in my budget I'd buy it all the time, but for now I'll finish off the sample and then rebuy when I want to splurge.

on 5/4/2011 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE this stuff ao much!! It's my HG moisturizer! The fact that it has spf 30 is the icing on the cake. It's very light weight, sinks into the skin quickly, leaves a matte finish (not greasy looking or feeling at all), does not break me out, no white cast, does have a slight sunscreen smell but I honestly like that smell, wears amazing under makeup, and helps keep my oil in control for the day and I have pretty oily skin. I hope they never stop making this. I will be using this for the rest of my life!!

on 4/5/2011 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to love this product despite the high price, since I was looking for a non-comedogenic, high spf daily moisturizer for my combo/acne-prone skin. I fanatically research any new skin product/makeup for comedogenic ingredients and this one looked pretty good. But unfortunately this product was a bust in almost every way. Far from moisturizing, I think it dried out my skin! Plus it looked terrible underneath my liquid foundation, making it look streaky and like it was separating. Then the last straw I started getting this subtle red rash? on my cheeks and forehead, which are normally pretty clear (I've gotten similar reactions on my body to some sunscreens). Just to make sure this was really the culprit since I started a few new products around the same time, I used it only on my forehead for two days and a different moisturizer (with no spf) on my cheeks and my forehead still had the roughness and my cheeks started to get better. Oh well back to the store, and the search continues! I gave it two lippies because if your skin is oily (and not combo) and you are not sensitive to certain ss ingredients, this would probably work for you and it has a decent spf and didnt break me out (w/cystic acne).

on 2/3/2011 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have liked every single Philosophy product that I’ve tried, so I was really interested in this moisturizer. For years I have been faithful to Clinique’s Superdefense SPF 25 Moisturizer for Combo/Oily Skin and then apply Philosophy’s The Present as my daily primer (separate reviews). Although these two products have worked very well together, I was hoping that Hope Oil-Free SPF 30 would take the place of both of these, being a moisturizer with anti-aging benefits and SPF, while also being a soothing, smoothing, matte-finish primer. Although it’s very thick coming out of the tube, a pea-size amount warms and thins in my hands, so it spreads very evenly over my face and neck. Don’t use too much, otherwise it will pill up. I am so pleased that this product meets my expectations. It provides SPF 30 protection; leaves my skin matte, smooth and ready for makeup (I let it sit for two minutes before starting to apply makeup); and it controls oil for about eight hours. I don’t notice any strange smell and it did not irritate my skin at all. This doesn’t quite achieve the flawless smoothness as The Present, but for everyday use, this is perfect. This is a little pricey, but it works so well with my skin that I will definitely buy again. I also love that it comes in a travel-friendly, hygienic tube.