Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

3.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol 39-C(alcohol denat), Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was not impressed with this stuff. I have very oily skin and after I applied all my makeup I finely mist this stuff on and while it feels good, it does nothing to keep my makeup in place. It almost made me more oily. Would be better for people with dry skin but that is the opposite of what's in the name. Will not be using again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this product! It works perfectly with everything else i use - drugstore or department store. My skin stays matte for hours and hours, my skin doesn' absorb all the makeup. It's amazing, can't ever go without this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this goes on SO uneven. I have bought this 3 times and all of the spray head have some kind of problem, my mac fix + goes on beautifully, the spray head is great in my fix +... but this?? it goes on horrible. And it doesn't help me at all. SOOO EXPENSIVE. I don't like the smell. I will buy the all nighter next time

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Fantastic setting spray.
Really does help keep my makeup in place all day and extends the wear time by a few hours. Does help control oiliness to some extent- but not a whole heck of a lot.
I only need a few spritzes- around 3- so this bottle will last for ages.
I also use this to transform my powder eye-shadows into liquid- just spray it on the brush and voila!
I would say this is worth the price. As someone who works long hours, I really need my makeup to last.
Give it a try- small sizes are readily available at Sephora, ebay etc.
Highly recommended!

I'm glad to see that other girls with oily skin have had problems with this setting spray, because I was wondering if it were just me! Like a lot of others have complained, I found that my makeup was actually oilier after putting this on than it is without it. Usually my skin doesnt start looking oily until 6+ hours after I've applied, but when I use this setting spray it's oily almost immediately. All I wear in my daily routine is primer, a lightweight powder foundation, blush and contour, so I really didn't expect this setting spray to weigh it down as much as it does. It keeps stuff in place, I guess, but if I'm going to buy the setting spray specifically marketed to cut down oil, I'd like it to actually do that.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this both before and after my foundation routine and it works. I noticed that using it just after I put my foundation and powder on it doesn't do as good of a job as when I use it twice. It doesn't mattify my face, but I like that. I am very oily so I have to powder my whole face and I feel that is a bit too matte for my liking. This does something to that powder so my skin looks like skin even after two or even three (thin) layers of product on.
It works best when the foundation is also geared towards oily skin. I tried it with the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and that didn't look good, since my skin procedure too much oil. It worked really well with the Revlon color stay though.
I have already repurchased it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was advised to use this as opposed to the original all-nighter spray as I have oily skin and I love the fresh feeling of spritzing this on my face lol. While it doesn't completely stop shine, it helps and also sets the rest of your makeup. I would recommend the travel size before splashing out on the full size bottle

hohzi

Ironically this makes me look shiny, if I spray it on without applying mattifier & powder underneath first. Otherwise it does help my makeup stay on - my eyebrows still look made-up at the end of the day. This also helps my UD Waterline pencil eyeliner stay on (it smudged despite the Too Faced Shadow Insurance, but stayed on better with this spray). Got the travel sized version, and I like the non-aerosol spray.

Ugh. So annoyed with this product. I specifically wanted a setting spray that would leave a matte finish, which this claimed to do. HA! Not even close. It left me looking shiny and slick. I actually felt like maybe I miss understood and bought the wrong product and re-read the package and description several times.

Also, I think it contributed to a smattering of very tiny whiteheads on my cheeks and forehead.

Not a fan.