MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Cork

MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Cork
MAC Cork EyeshadowEye Shadow - CorkEye Shadow - Cork

4.5

on 11/26/2018 4:30:00 PM

This is a dupe for Buck in the Naked palette! I am not someone who likes to do eyeshadow because I can never do them right and it never looks good on my asian almond eyes. My go to is Groundwork Paintpot all over the lid and Brule as highlight and i am out the door. I stumbled upon Cork and tried it as an outter v / crease color and i love it. Its not as dark but also not so light i can use it to give my eyes definition without looking like ive tried too hard. It is a neutral light brown with a bit of warmth. I am NC20 C1(neutral not cool/not warm) and i cant do ashy browns, they brings out my dark circles and i look bruised(ex. omega, satin taupe, patina). Cork is on the cooler side but not too grey. Cork is perfect because its not so red either. Anything with some pink/red in it my skin will pull it out (ex. Soft brown, sable, haux- makes my eye look irritated and tired).

Edit- 1)i can use in my brows! I have dark brown almost black hair. Its not too warm and can be used for the front of my brows. My hair has a bit of warmth in the sun.
2) Cork can look a bit cool sometimes in the crease in certain lighing so ive been adding mac Texture as the transition to warm things up descretely. It works to help the cool tone look healthier and also darken the look beautifully.

i wouldnt repurchase because there are so many different palettes that are coming out with very similar color to this. its not super unique and is dupeable! I also wish it was a tiny bit warmer.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Amazing neutral stand-alone colour. Especially for fair with cool/neutral undertones skin.

on 10/21/2016 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It looks boring in the pan, but this has been an excellent eyeshadow for defining the lid or like others have noted, filling in my eyebrows.

on 7/7/2016 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Cork is a matte medium neutral brown shade which works great for everyday looks.

The one I got was Extremely stiff and I had to scratch off the top layer of the eyeshadow to get pigment EVERYTIME I used it. I made sure and 'hit pan' until 3/4 of the way finish to get my monies worth until I finally said Enough is Enough! I threw it away!!!

The shade is great, especially on my NC35 complexion but the formula I got was horrible. MAC really needs to improve the quality consistency of their eyeshadows!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Cork is a matte medium neutral brown. I'm a natural redhead but my hair isn't bright orange. It's like like a medium auburn. Anyway, cork is the best brow shade for me with my invisi-brows. Totally ashy colors don't work on me but warm colors look weird, so this neutral brown is perfect. It also works in eye looks but I pretty much only use it for my brows.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I originally wrote a review for Cork way back in 2010 and at the time, I wasn't very happy with it. Now, 6 years later, MAC has had the wisdom to drop the price of their Pro Pan shadows considerably and I decided to repurchase Cork and give it another try. I think my "expertise" (I use the term loosely, believe me) and understanding of how to use different tones of eyeshadows has improved a lot in the past 6 years because I am really enjoying using Cork now. It's really nice for my brows - not too dark, but, like Omega, it gives some definition and fills in without looking like too much for day. It really does work nicely as a crease/transition colour, and I think that I just hadn't mastered the technique for how to use it when I first tried this shadow. I have several "dupes" for Cork, shadows I like, and I suppose it's that fact that really tipped me toward trying it again and I'm glad I did. I am using it almost daily, either for my brows, as a warming transition shade or for a natural looking, "no makeup" contour on a nude eye, which is often what I'll wear for day/work when I'm in a rush.

on 2/29/2016 10:52:00 PM

I love this product!!! I don't really use it as an eyeshadow but more as a contour color for my cheeks, forehead, and nose (although I'm sure it is lovely on the eyes). It is VERY pigmented, and looks super natural. The price is a little ridiculous considering the eyeshadow is small itself, but honestly i say its worth it.

on 9/11/2015 8:25:00 AM

I was unsure about this at first but it goes really well with wedge (another Mac eyeshadow).

on 3/2/2015 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

On me, this is a medium golden brown. It's a good staple and a workhorse. Works great as a crease color in so many looks. Lovely satin finish (almost matte) but not dry or flat. Can be built up or applied lightly. On me, it's darker and more golden than Wedge, though similar. It's very versatile as I can also use it as a liner or brow powder (though a bit too warm to consider my go-to brow powder).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

LOVE LOVE LOVE this color! So versatile. I use it for contouring on my jawline, cheeks, and eyes. Also great for helping to shape my eyebrows, leaving them looking natural since it's a powder.