Urban Decay NAKED [DISCONTINUED]

Urban Decay NAKED  [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/2/2018 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Purchased recently, really love it.I have deeply tanned skin.I won't need another neutral palette.Has good staying power, on my oily eyelids.I do use primer 1st.Thought about this purchase for a while before purchasing, as its not cheap.Worth it as I use often.I like the double ended brushed with it also.The suede feeling type of cover of the palette would be quite protective, if it fell.

1 star for the brand which decided to discontinue this eyeshadow palette, 5 stars for the product. And to those saying no one should wear this palette on their eyes: Why should we listen to you? It's our decision, our face and body and if we think those colors suit us, then leave us alone and keep your opinions in your mind. I've seen many girls (and boys) who adore this palette, no matter what skin color, they all looked awesome. (Maybe you don't like the palette and wanted to bash it through your negative review, that's ok, but it's not ok to tell everybody to stop wearing it just because you don't like these colors and shimmers.) I bought a backup of this palette because I know I would miss it dearly if it's empty.

I love this eyeshadow palette. The brush that comes with it works really nicely.

The product lasts well, even without primer. There are a couple of shades I probably won't use but I'm happy with the 10 that I really love.

I'm not a fan of the furry packaging, it always looks dusty and old.

on 7/20/2018 12:38:00 PM

What can I say about the NAKED OG? I love it- I'm a fan of neutral shades so I love the NAKED palettes. I currently own them all including Smokey and Heat, proving that I am willing to shell out the $ for such a great product. The diversity of colors make it easy to create different looks. I also like to mix and match with my other palettes too. The cosistancy is smooth, pigminted and has great staying power- especially when paired with UD primer potions. The brush included in each palette is also very good. These shadows are worth every penny!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Back in the days this was the first palette I ever purchased for myself and I still have this. Firstly the colors are stunning and these are strong pigments which is exactly what I was looking for. However most of the colors are very shimmery and not subtle enough for day use (I can only see me pulling off the 2 mattes in the palette if applying before a day at the office). One of the downsides is the fallout can be pretty bad with these. Not only would I end up with powder on my face, but on my top too - which would be great IF I was trying to get the dress to match my face! On the plus side though: no creasing at all, even if not using a primer beforehand. The colors are very pigmented and a little goes a long way and I do find the brush and mirror which are both part of the palette really handy when travelling and don't have enough room to carry separate ones. Have read about some others' experiences of it opening but luckily never once happened to me so far.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After so many years I finally splurged and purchased the Naked palette. I can't say I was too impressed because I ended up returning it. It is a LOVELY palette - don't get me wrong. The shades are lovely. But my problem with the palette was that it only has 2 matte shades. I'm one that likes to put a nice light cream shadow all over my lid before the rest of the shades and this was missing in this palette. Secondly, I never use black or silver eyeshadows. Overall, this palette is good for someone who loves shimmery eyeshadows. I will purchase the Chocolate Bar palette intsead.

on 2/18/2018 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I’ll admit that I didn’t like this palette much the first few weeks I had it; the shadows were subtle and dry. But after using it, I realized that sometimes subtle is a good thing; these shadows are very buildable and the shimmers look pretty without being in your face. I do get fallout if I try to pack on more than two layers of the shimmer shades.

I don’t like the last two shades at the end; they’re too sheer and fade off my eyelids after a few hours even when I use primer. The brush enclosed is decent, but I would rather not have it if the price were to be lowered and the packaging attracts dust. This is nice, but I don’t think it is worth $54; I am keeping mine because I got a discount.

on 2/9/2018 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

I've purchased this twice now. I LOVE this pallet; it's great for every day use and for glamming it up at night. I tend to go through a couple of the colors faster than the others, but wish I could purchase these individually to replace them. The shades are perfect for all skin tones and I don't have any fallout from application. I keep the brush after going through the pallet because it's a nice eye shadow brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Like many, this was my first high-end makeup palette, and I still reach for it on a weekly basis (although I’ve definitely hit pan on most colors). That said, without having read other reviews, I’m sure I’m not alone in my cons, which i have the desire to list before the pros in this case:

CONS:
- This is a con that I have with every UD palette, and it’s that there is sooo much shimmer. Now, I like shiny shades, but two mattes out of twelve colors? It’s a tad ridiculous, no?
- There are a couple colors I just adore here, but with the exception of three shades I’ll mention down below, once you start to mix things together, the results can be dull and muddy. I always have to bring in shades from elsewhere to get a complete look that’s actually pretty.
- Not happy with the highlighting shades at all. With my fair tone, I need something that is really going to pop. Even the two lightest colors feel a bit murky to me.
- The velvety packaging looks nice out of the box, but let’s just say that after a bit of use, it’s easy to see why UD never created another vevet package again.

PROS:
- So marvelously blendable, that unless I’m doing my crease or my liner, I will admittedly use my fingers for application, and will end up with as good results as I could muster with just about any brush.
- As I said before, there are some colors I dimply love, love, love, and I particularly cannot do without Sidecar, Half-Baked and Smog, which actually do work together so seamlessly to create a beautiful ombré effect on the lid. I also use Buck as an everyday shade for my crease incessantly. It’s classic. It doesn’t quite work well on its own with my other three faves, however.
- I’ve experienced little-to-no fallout with the shimmery shades, even with the darkest, most noticeable colors.
- The staying power is golden. Fortunately not golden like the golden lettering on the packaging, which will fade faster than your lids. Lolol

Finally, I think I will eventually replace my Naked palette when it has completely dried up. I’ll still get use out of most these colors, even if I don’t use them together, and frankly, I’m stupidly nostalgic about this palette. It feels like an old friend who I still want in my contacts even after we’ve grown apart. Yes, I am extremely neurotic.

on 1/19/2018 11:15:00 AM

Hello pigmentation! Vibrant colors, blends easily. Not a big fan of the brush that comes with, but hey it's a 'free' brush. Very nice packaging, velvet cover and has a mirror. Travel friendly size.
The price is a bit high but I've had mine for over 3 years now, and I still haven't hit pan (I don't use this pallet every day/week though).