Urban Decay NAKED

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/22/2017 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This was the 1st Naked Palette I bought from Urban Decay. I bought this palette based on the following:

1. the rave reviews
2. it was a cult classic
3. almost every girl in my city had it
4. And because I was a sheep (lol).

My favourite colors in this palette were Virgin, Naked, Buck, and Dark horse (Neutrals). I hardly touched the others. Anyway, now that I have seperated from the flock and tried other palettes that are more affordable and better quality, I can now give my honest review on this love it/or hate it palette. Unfortunately this brand and eye shadow line fell short due to the following:

1. Expensive price
2. Major fallout during application (those reviews telling readers there is no fallout - LIES!!! You have been warned).
3. Eyeshadow does not blend well (looks muddy when blending shades together).

I would not recommend this palette to beginners due to the price and the way it blends. However, what I did like about it was the brush that it came with, a sample of the eyeshadow primer, and the fact that Urban Decay is against animal testing and cruelty free.

Would I purchase this palette again? No (without hesitation).

on 7/12/2017 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I first heard about this palette I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about - until I bought one of my own..! The shadows in the palette are gorgeous, all buttery and totally blendable. The pigmentation is fantastic and there's absolutely no fall out. Used over an eye primer these babies last all day without any need for touch ups!

Would I buy this again if I lost it or ran out... a million times YES!!

on 6/14/2017 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the shades, but the colors are not that pigmented. The blue is really gray, and the glitters in general are not good. You would definitely need to layer all the shadows unless you like a subtle eyeshadow. Quite a bit fall-out from the palette, but luckily not while on the eyes.

on 3/1/2017 2:00:00 PM

I avoided the hype of the Naked palettes until the Naked 3... Then I was hooked. I understood the hype and gave in. I went back and got the original since I wanted a warmer toned palette. I love the texture/consistency of Urban Decay shadows the most. (Anastasia is a close second, and in fact, I prefer their mattes) The pigmentation is excellent. It doesn't fade off my eyes the way other eyeshadows do. It blends well. It does not cause any irritation. It offers a good color range/selection. Overall, it's just a really nice palette. It's a tad pricey but I feel that if you are mainly a neutral makeup wearer, this one palette (or one of the other Naked palettes, depending on your preferred undertone) could be all you need.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is hands down best palette for a gift to make everyone happy. Half of the shades have cool undertone other half are warm. There is no chance for mistake. Anyone will find something to enjoy using. Shadows are highly pigmented and palette comes with the brush that is not bad at all.
However I would not recommend to buy it for yourself if your skin tone isn't neutral. I have warm skin and I can't use half of the shades.
I will not repurchase it for myself, but will continue to buy it for my friends and family.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the only palette of neutrals you'll ever need, ever. I promise.

Sure there are lots of other buttery and beautiful palettes out there that all promise the same thing, but this one will actually deliver. Why? There are a few reasons:

There is a great mix of warm and cool neutrals in this palette that can be mixed and blended to suit any skin tone and makeup look. You don't even need eyeliner because Creep (black) is so densely pigmented that you can wet an eyeliner brush and use this as eyeliner instead. I frequently do this since my eyelids are becoming more crepey as I get older and I dislike the drag of eyeliners, even the gel ones.

The formulas are like butter. Right on par with Lorac eye shadows. I find myself reaching for this palette more than my Lorac Pro palette on most mornings because I need to get out the door not looking like a hobo, and Urban Decay knocks this out of the park for me. The formula is so creamy that I'm able to literally smear some shadow on my eyelids and make it work. Not ideal, but possible nonetheless (and sometimes necessary... we all have hangover days).

I have oily lids so I don't usually get good longevity from any shadows, so I use a primer no matter what. I'm still able to smear color on top of the primer with my finger if necessary and still manage to look polished. With primer, I'm able to get 14 hours of wear before creasing. That's a bunch of craptastic meetings, irksome phone calls, too many emails to count, and several glasses of wine in a major city. Not bad.

Overall, if you need a multi-tasking palette that is both natural and can be played up depending on the time of day, the original UD palette is your best bet.

I bought all four of the naked palettes when I was just getting into makeup. They seemed perfect to me at first, however, now I realise that there are products out there that are easier to blend and have a wider variety of colours. My biggest issue with these palettes is that they seem a bit too similar to me and some shades overlap in several palettes, I feel like they should be a bit more varied. Also, I find the darker shades (such as the black and grey ones) very hard to blend out and quite patchy when swatched. But overall, it is a great palette for neutral looks and people who love golds and browns... however, do consider before buying several of these, whether you really need them as it is quite easy to get bored of the naked look.

on 12/8/2016 12:36:00 PM

I got the Naked palette as a gift recently. I was really excited at first, but in a matter of days that excitement whittled down to disappointment. I shouldn't place fault on the palette for me being a pale-skinned nc15 with small, deepset eyes...this palette simply isn't for me. I thought the warm colors would work for my olive undertone, I mean warm colors usually work better than cool for me when it comes to lipsticks and blushes, for eg. corals, peaches and warm pinks are some of my best colors. Maybe it's because the colors are just too deep and intense. When I play around with my palette, it doesn't matter which shade combo I use, or how well I've blended, I always end up looking like I have dark, dull, muddy shimmer on my lids, plus the lighter colors like Virgin and Sin make my eyes look yellow and jaundiced, what the heck...not at all flattering! The matte shades are boring and also look muddy. And as much as I adore Halfbaked, a paler gold is what works wonders on me, pale golds, white golds, champagne, peaches and taupes are my jam...yellow or true gold, bronze, and warm browns are no-nos (so I've learned). I suppose deeper shades like Hustle, Darkhorse and Creep *could* work for my outer v and as liner when I want smokey eyes in the evenings. But I prefer matte or less shimmery shadows for smokey eyes, and neutral-cool, dusty colors (ie.greys, dark taupe, navy, dusty purples and ash browns) seem to be alot more flattering around my peepers for that look, these are just too warm and intense. When it comes to the formula of these shadows, my MAC and Inglot eyeshadows are superior in every way, less powdery, smoother and creamier...but overall, not bad, color pay-off is very good, it's just more powdery than what I'm used to. My sister is nc25-nc30 with large round eyes, she tried this palette too, and she can rock the shades. Golden to dark bronzed skinned beauties should love this palette. I might end up passing it to her. Naked 3 suits me far better than Naked or Naked 2. Naked Smoky isn't too bad if you love smoky eyes, but again the colors are just too frosted with not enough lighter transition shades. Naked is just the least flattering on me out of them all. To all my pasty brunette sisters out there, Naked 3 was made for you, the peaches and pinks are especially stunning on milky white skin, Naked 2 could work too if you're not a fan of rosy tones. Now, if we're talking neutrals with golds and browns, The Balm's Nude Dude palette is far more flattering on me and the colors alot more versatile, neither too warm nor too cool with a good mix of light and dark shades. I might just get that one in the future.

on 10/17/2016 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have and love the UD Naked 3 palette and I got the original one as an early birthday present to myself.
Even though I said to re-purchasing this, it will take me some time to use up this palette and then I'd like to use up my other warm eyeshadow palettes after that.
But if I were starting from scratch, I would most definitely have this palette as an essential in my makeup stash.

I love Sidecar, Half Baked, Smog and Darkhorse for a subtle bronze/smokey eye look.
I'll use Creep as a liner or to intensity the look.

Pigment and staying power are superb as it is with UD eyeshadows in general.
I was going to get the MAC Warm Palette eyeshadow but I like the convenience of the Naked palette more, especially for travelling.

If you've been on the fence about getting this palette, I recommend it, especially if you love warm colours.

on 8/25/2016 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is GORGEOUS. I tried Urban Decay eyeshadows and now I can never go back. I just can't. They are definitely worth the hype, particularly this palette. Ridiculously expensive here in Australia, and yet its one those products I am willing to cough up for, even though initially I felt like a moron paying that much for eye-shadow -I'm glad I bought it.Has totally changed the way my eye make-up looks in a drastically positive direction.