Urban Decay NAKED

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/9/2018 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

I've purchased this twice now. I LOVE this pallet; it's great for every day use and for glamming it up at night. I tend to go through a couple of the colors faster than the others, but wish I could purchase these individually to replace them. The shades are perfect for all skin tones and I don't have any fallout from application. I keep the brush after going through the pallet because it's a nice eye shadow brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Like many, this was my first high-end makeup palette, and I still reach for it on a weekly basis (although I’ve definitely hit pan on most colors). That said, without having read other reviews, I’m sure I’m not alone in my cons, which i have the desire to list before the pros in this case:

CONS:
- This is a con that I have with every UD palette, and it’s that there is sooo much shimmer. Now, I like shiny shades, but two mattes out of twelve colors? It’s a tad ridiculous, no?
- There are a couple colors I just adore here, but with the exception of three shades I’ll mention down below, once you start to mix things together, the results can be dull and muddy. I always have to bring in shades from elsewhere to get a complete look that’s actually pretty.
- Not happy with the highlighting shades at all. With my fair tone, I need something that is really going to pop. Even the two lightest colors feel a bit murky to me.
- The velvety packaging looks nice out of the box, but let’s just say that after a bit of use, it’s easy to see why UD never created another vevet package again.

PROS:
- So marvelously blendable, that unless I’m doing my crease or my liner, I will admittedly use my fingers for application, and will end up with as good results as I could muster with just about any brush.
- As I said before, there are some colors I dimply love, love, love, and I particularly cannot do without Sidecar, Half-Baked and Smog, which actually do work together so seamlessly to create a beautiful ombré effect on the lid. I also use Buck as an everyday shade for my crease incessantly. It’s classic. It doesn’t quite work well on its own with my other three faves, however.
- I’ve experienced little-to-no fallout with the shimmery shades, even with the darkest, most noticeable colors.
- The staying power is golden. Fortunately not golden like the golden lettering on the packaging, which will fade faster than your lids. Lolol

Finally, I think I will eventually replace my Naked palette when it has completely dried up. I’ll still get use out of most these colors, even if I don’t use them together, and frankly, I’m stupidly nostalgic about this palette. It feels like an old friend who I still want in my contacts even after we’ve grown apart. Yes, I am extremely neurotic.

on 1/19/2018 11:15:00 AM

Hello pigmentation! Vibrant colors, blends easily. Not a big fan of the brush that comes with, but hey it's a 'free' brush. Very nice packaging, velvet cover and has a mirror. Travel friendly size.
The price is a bit high but I've had mine for over 3 years now, and I still haven't hit pan (I don't use this pallet every day/week though).

on 9/22/2017 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This was the 1st Naked Palette I bought from Urban Decay. I bought this palette based on the following:

1. the rave reviews
2. it was a cult classic
3. almost every girl in my city had it
4. And because I was a sheep (lol).

My favourite colors in this palette were Virgin, Naked, Buck, and Dark horse (Neutrals). I hardly touched the others. Anyway, now that I have seperated from the flock and tried other palettes that are more affordable and better quality, I can now give my honest review on this love it/or hate it palette. Unfortunately this brand and eye shadow line fell short due to the following:

1. Expensive price
2. Major fallout during application (those reviews telling readers there is no fallout - LIES!!! You have been warned).
3. Eyeshadow does not blend well (looks muddy when blending shades together).

I would not recommend this palette to beginners due to the price and the way it blends. However, what I did like about it was the brush that it came with, a sample of the eyeshadow primer, and the fact that Urban Decay is against animal testing and cruelty free.

Would I purchase this palette again? No (without hesitation).

on 7/12/2017 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I first heard about this palette I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about - until I bought one of my own..! The shadows in the palette are gorgeous, all buttery and totally blendable. The pigmentation is fantastic and there's absolutely no fall out. Used over an eye primer these babies last all day without any need for touch ups!

Would I buy this again if I lost it or ran out... a million times YES!!

on 6/14/2017 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the shades, but the colors are not that pigmented. The blue is really gray, and the glitters in general are not good. You would definitely need to layer all the shadows unless you like a subtle eyeshadow. Quite a bit fall-out from the palette, but luckily not while on the eyes.

on 3/1/2017 2:00:00 PM

I avoided the hype of the Naked palettes until the Naked 3... Then I was hooked. I understood the hype and gave in. I went back and got the original since I wanted a warmer toned palette. I love the texture/consistency of Urban Decay shadows the most. (Anastasia is a close second, and in fact, I prefer their mattes) The pigmentation is excellent. It doesn't fade off my eyes the way other eyeshadows do. It blends well. It does not cause any irritation. It offers a good color range/selection. Overall, it's just a really nice palette. It's a tad pricey but I feel that if you are mainly a neutral makeup wearer, this one palette (or one of the other Naked palettes, depending on your preferred undertone) could be all you need.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is hands down best palette for a gift to make everyone happy. Half of the shades have cool undertone other half are warm. There is no chance for mistake. Anyone will find something to enjoy using. Shadows are highly pigmented and palette comes with the brush that is not bad at all.
However, I would not recommend to buy it for yourself if your skin tone isn't neutral. I have warm skin and I can't use half of the shades. On top of that, there are too many shimmers.
I will not repurchase it for myself but will continue to buy it for my friends and family.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the only palette of neutrals you'll ever need, ever. I promise.

Sure there are lots of other buttery and beautiful palettes out there that all promise the same thing, but this one will actually deliver. Why? There are a few reasons:

There is a great mix of warm and cool neutrals in this palette that can be mixed and blended to suit any skin tone and makeup look. You don't even need eyeliner because Creep (black) is so densely pigmented that you can wet an eyeliner brush and use this as eyeliner instead. I frequently do this since my eyelids are becoming more crepey as I get older and I dislike the drag of eyeliners, even the gel ones.

The formulas are like butter. Right on par with Lorac eye shadows. I find myself reaching for this palette more than my Lorac Pro palette on most mornings because I need to get out the door not looking like a hobo, and Urban Decay knocks this out of the park for me. The formula is so creamy that I'm able to literally smear some shadow on my eyelids and make it work. Not ideal, but possible nonetheless (and sometimes necessary... we all have hangover days).

I have oily lids so I don't usually get good longevity from any shadows, so I use a primer no matter what. I'm still able to smear color on top of the primer with my finger if necessary and still manage to look polished. With primer, I'm able to get 14 hours of wear before creasing. That's a bunch of craptastic meetings, irksome phone calls, too many emails to count, and several glasses of wine in a major city. Not bad.

Overall, if you need a multi-tasking palette that is both natural and can be played up depending on the time of day, the original UD palette is your best bet.

I bought all four of the naked palettes when I was just getting into makeup. They seemed perfect to me at first, however, now I realise that there are products out there that are easier to blend and have a wider variety of colours. My biggest issue with these palettes is that they seem a bit too similar to me and some shades overlap in several palettes, I feel like they should be a bit more varied. Also, I find the darker shades (such as the black and grey ones) very hard to blend out and quite patchy when swatched. But overall, it is a great palette for neutral looks and people who love golds and browns... however, do consider before buying several of these, whether you really need them as it is quite easy to get bored of the naked look.