Kirkland Moisture Shampoo

Kirkland Moisture Shampoo
Kirkland Moisture ShampooKirkland Moisture Shampoo

4.3

water sodium cocoyl isethionate cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine methyl isethionate disodium cocoyl glutamate sodium lauryl sulfoacetate decyl glecoside ammonium cocoyl isethionate divinyldimethicond/dimethicone copolymer disodium laureth sulfosuccinate helianthus annus (sunflower) seed oil lycium barbarum fruit extract aloe barbadensis leaf extract camellia sinesis leaf extract cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract persea gratissima (avocado) fruit extract punica granatum extract melanin vitis vinifera (grape) seed extract glycol disterate glycerin fragrance quaternium-91 sodium cocoyl glutamate peg-120 methyl glucose dioleate amodimethicone panthenol polyquaternium-10 ppg-3 benzyl ether myristate chlorphenesin methyl gluceth-20 guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride c11-15 pareth-7 laureth-9 phospholipids hydrolyzed vegetable protein pg-propyl silanetriol c12-13 pareth-23 c12-13 pareth-3 trisodium ethylenediamine disuccinate trideceth-12 superoxide dismutase sodium ascorbyl phosphate tocopheryl acetate methylchloroisothiazolinone methylisothiazolinone

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This shampoo leaves a residue in my hair! I'm so disappointed because it's cheap and smells so good. But my hair feels so heavy and greasy after I use it :(

on 6/20/2018 3:36:00 PM

I am 61 years old with neck length thick curly hair. I had to put this shampoo on hold until i found out what i had in my bathroom that was causing my itchy scalp. I did not have dandruff but got some type of awful contact dermatitis that made my scalp sore, red, and very itchy. I had to use T-gel and that medicine shampoo after 2 weeks RID of whatever it was on my scalp. One by one every gel, hair paste, hair spray, other shampoo and conditioners went into the trash if it itched my scalp. Then i was back in the repeat rinse process to get that out. I found that i can not use any conditioner i dont care if it says natural all that heavy stuff and fragrance stays behind no matter how much you rinse out and that and other products caused the itch. If i want conditioner i use a half cup white vinegar to one cup water. In fact i do that twice a month anyway. So i bring back the Kirkland moisture shampoo. No issues at all. BUT some of you may need to dilute or use a very small amount at a time. If you use too much it will weigh your hair down. Before i use Kirkland moisture shampoo i use a small amount of free and clear shampoo to make sure i get all the dirt, prior shampoos whatever in my hair. Then i use a very small amount of Kirkland moisture shampoo that i have previously diluted since its so very concentrated, I get a very nice lather. I wash up and then rinse my hair really good followed with cold water. My hair is so soft and healthy/ So full and my scalp feels so nice. No itch no problems.

Somewhere in the dark depths of a beauty subReddit, I learned about this absolute gem. As of a year or two ago (when I first investigated this shampoo & matching conditioner), it was actually made by Pureology...or more correctly, Pureology’s parent company, which manufactures the Pureology Nanoworks line for both Pureology and Costco’s Kirkland Signature. Like, it’s literally the same product, going into 2 different packages (one obviously more expensive than the other). Even after I paid to join Costco just to buy this product, I STILL paid less than I would have for the equivalent amount of brand-name Pureology. $20 total for a liter of shampoo + a liter of conditioner, vs $140? Yes please.

The shampoo itself is great - very gentle, sulfate free, smells decent, cleanses fairly well. I have very thick, wavy, dry, mixed-texture hair (coarse with some fine hair mixed in). With this shampoo/conditioner combo, I can still wash about once every 3-4 days without getting too greasy. My hair looks better than ever, and I save a ton of money...the liter lasts me about 6 months! Plus, 2 different hair stylists have commented on how healthy my hair is despite being very long...I don’t have as many split ends as I used to, and no breakage. My only complaint is that it isn’t quite harsh enough to remove potential silicone buildup from the matching conditioner, which has a LOT of silicone in it (yes, the Pureology version does too). To avoid problems with buildup, about once every 2 weeks I wash with Pureology’s clarifying shampoo from Ulta, then do Olaplex, wash with Kirkland, and then do a deep conditioning treatment...it’s my favorite “hair spa routine”. If you wash your hair more often, obviously, you may want to clarify more frequently than I do (perhaps once a week). Definitely a keeper - the only other shampoo I like as much as this one is the Joico moisturizing shampoo.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this shampoo! It's gentle enough for processed hare, sulfate free, cleanses without stripping and even has that high-end salon smell (anyone know what I'm talking about? That subtle botanical perfume smell?) I use this in conjunction with the Kirkland conditioner and love both. Rumor is this is made by Pureology. I can't confirm that, but it's totally believable. I think I buy shampoo once a year now, thanks to Costco. I've noticed the shampoo and conditioner are priced about $2 differently, which tells me they must have an established margin, according to overhead. Costco could easily price both the same and make extra $ on the cheaper-to-produce product and nobody would bat an eye. Props for pricing integrity!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is amazing on so many levels... Cruelty free ..sulfate free... and so creamy good and so darn cheap ....The price will knock you off your feet..... At Costco under 10 bucks for a HUGE bottle..I love love love this stuff ....Conditioner just as amazing.... Better than Nexus inmho....I moved far away from any Costco recently so I paid extra on Amazon but it's so worth the price!!

on 3/9/2017 11:56:00 AM

Smells FANTASTIC, and everything was great for the first few washes, but unfortunately it leaves a heavy residue on my hair and I will not be purchasing it again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Well, why I haven't tried this as long as I am a Costco member and that's a LOOONG time... I have just used the shampoo twice and I am completely amazed at the results and the second wash was better than the first. I have healthy, below shoulder length, slightly layered, older virgin hair with very little gray. Almost every shampoo I've tried recently, and that includes spending a fool hardy mini fortune on Its a 10 products, this has them beat by a mile, at least for me. The 10 products, with the exception of the mask which is nice, seem to, while I don't understand, dry my hair out !? I don't have curly, coarse or processed hair in any way, tends to be on the softer side and needs a very good shaping to just agree with my waves and I wash, dry upside down, a couple flicks with the brush and I'm good to go. This shampoo has brought my routine to an amazing return! I work full time in Manhattan and I need to feel comfortable with how my hair looks and this brought my hair confidence back.

My hair is soft, shiny, bouncy and suddenly has the texture, movement and body it hasn't had in quite a long time and I'm going on 66. Most everything I have used recently from Pantene (which I like but builds up) Organix (sort of like) and others seems to weigh my hair down and I only on occasion condition the last few inches.

For the price and quality and ingredients and lack there of (deemed to be made by Purology) in my opinion and with my hair type and expectations, I'd say its a clear winner. I also love the fragrance, very light, clean and earthy (Ha! I did say I was going to be 66 :) ).

There are hundreds of products out there and not all are right for all :)

on 2/2/2017 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not too sure about this product. I brought it only because I wanted something new and something that would be sulfate free without paying too much. The shampoo itself is super thick which makes me think it's nourishing my hair. I pair it with the conditioner - smells great. My biggest issue is that since the shampoo/conditioner is so thick it leaves a nasty residue in my tub which eventually clogs it which means I end up having to clean my tub more often than I have time for. Unfortunately this makes me NOT want to purchase again.

This product is good, but it does nothing for my hair. I have wavy, frizzy, color processed hair and honestly after using this shampoo, my hair feels like it gets more frizzy.

Also, this shampoo smells wonderful, but the scent doesn't last a very long time. It probably only lasts about a day and after that, it's completely gone.

I really wanted to love this shampoo, but it is just not for me !

on 10/17/2016 3:02:00 PM

It's such a great shampoo! Comparable to high end shampoos in the market. Hope they will not change the formula or discontinue because I will cry!