wet n wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Quad - Walking on Eggshells

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/31/2018 12:33:00 AM

I got this because ppl say this a dupe for MAC shroom , naked lunch and cork plus this was the most reviewed on Makeupalley. I cant believe how unbelievably small the pan is. Then again this was sooo dirt cheap!! This sat nicely on my lids form 9am-9pm with primer of course. This is very natural on looking on me . For ref Im NC 37. This is nice for travels and weekend getaways .. I cant see this pan quad lasting beyond 2 months for me 'cos of the teeny-tiny pan. Buy if you`re travelling for vacay, this light weight baby is a must. The packaging is ok but this kind of plastic is prone to break. The price doesn't break the bank and wait for a sale.Recommend? Yes, buy!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm so conflicted and I feel betrayed- I know that sounds weird lol

I have loved wet n wild for years. Walking on eggshells was my favourite trio. The shadows felt so high end- buttery, creamy, super pigmented and the pink shade was to die for. So flattering.

The quad is a great example of "if it ain't broke, dont fix it". I dont know if I got a bad batch or something... The new formula is very chalky, significantly less pigmented, and just disappointing. The transition shade is beautiful and I like the addition, but the other shades have been kind of ruined. With the trio I loved applying the pink and white shades with my fingers and it was effortless. With the new formula, I felt like I was digging and trying so hard to build up pigment.

The trio was amazing quality, I got tons of compliments on my eyes- a lot of people actually asked if i was using the urban decay naked palette. This new formula is just okay. If you work at it, you can build it up to be similar to the trio but it doesn't have that reflective sheen. Overall it looks less rich and more dull.

Old formula pros:
- buttery, creamy consistency.
- strong colour pay off- very pigmented.
- the pink and white shades had a gorgeous reflective sheen that really made the eyes pop.
-quick, easy application.

New formula pros:
- transition shade is a nice addition
-a little less fall out than the original. Old packaging got a little messy.
- a little easier to blend than the original (but that may be because there is less pigment)

on 7/2/2018 2:57:00 PM

Love the texture of these shadows, buttery and smooth. Pretty colors in this trio but SO MUCH SHIMMER. The highlight shade is gorgeous, the pinky color is pretty on the lid, but the taupe-y brown is to shimmery to use as a crease color or liner. Absolutely worth buying for the other colors anyway; if this included a matte or satin brown or taupe it would be perfection.

on 12/21/2017 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful, beautiful beautiful eyeshadows. Compete with MAC and Urban Decay quality. The Browbone shade is, a lil powdery but on me makes for a great icy highlight. Soft, pigmented, just a swipe will do. That eyelid shade sometimes I just swipe on and be done. Crease shade blends into the crease and outer corner so easily. Recommend for everyone.

My review is for the older version. There's been a reformulation (I haven't seen it yet, just read about it) around the end of 2017 and apparently it's not as good. I bought mine in December 2017 instore so luckily there's still lots of stock left to find. I consider this more a 4.5 than a 5 out of 5.

I put off buying this for a long time because people always seemed to consider it good "for the price", and I'd previously tried and loathed the WnW brushes which everyone else always raved about (seriously.. what do people see in them? Soft bristles don't mean jack if they're so soft and synthetic they don't pick up any product...). If you read my profile you'll see I hate wasting money on "dupes" that are actually inferior quality but raved about solely due to the price.

I wish I hadn't waited so long, because this palette is incredible. It's a thousand times better than my Lorac Pocket Pro, which I dislike for being too easy to muddy and mess up. I consider this formula to be a more pigmented, longer lasting version of the shimmer shadow quality in my Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Vol I. It's very easy to blend, has very little fall out, and is very flattering on my strongly yellow toned NC15 - NC20 complexion.

Another reason why I put this off for so long was because I thought the colours wouldn't match me. Every other light pink/beige/ivory shimmer clashed with my tone and creased and faded badly within a couple of hours, even over good quality primer in Winter. This doesn't fade much, and I do get some creasing in four hours, but lightly running a finger along my crease instantly fixes it without making the appearance muddy, unlike my attempts with other shadows. They look far nicer on my lid than they do when swatched on my arm. This is the only pink I've found that looked not-terrible on my skin tone. It is not at all prone to that streaky application I get when trying to pat on light pastel shimmer shades from other brands.

This is also the only eyeshadow I've ever bought that I've loved immediately, even if I don't take the price into account. For comparison I have bought Tarte, Lorac Pro, Chi Chi, Coastal Scents (mostly shimmers, all of which I researched to find the best ones first) and Elizabeth Arden. My biggest deal breaker when it comes to shadows is fall out. I hate fall out. My priorites are blending and smooth applications. I don't mind lesser pigmented shades as long as they can be built up easily and evenly. I noticed that this one has some shimmery sparkly fall out after a few hours if worn packed on without primer, but I had to be in direct light for that to be noticeable. I don't mind this too much though because I couldn't see colour fall out, just sparkles - but that may be because this palette is fairly close to my skin tone so I wouldn't notice. The sparkles did irritate my eyes a bit though.

I imagine someone with a darker skin tone than me who also has drier eyelids will like but not love this because of all of that, but for someone like me who wants soft glowy halo looks with minimal effort, hates muddy looks, and is used to lightly running their finger along their eye crease routinely anyway, this is the best palette for you.

If you have heard all the fuss about this but you didn't want to buy it because you hate wasting money on generic neutral shades that you've only ever heard be described as good for what you pay for... Go for it. This is hands down the best formulation in my collection. I'm actually going to destash my Lorac now, even though the colours aren't the same.

So this may sound contradictory what with my glowing review and 5/5 stars and all, but it isn't perfect. The sparkle fall out and eye irritation detract from this somewhat, but everything else about this is so spot on that I can't bring myself to bring it down a full star.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I have a faded scar running unevenly along my right eye crease, and every single matte shade I've tried - and most shimmers - apply unevenly on it, and wear off rapidly. This was not the case for this palette at all. I am very impressed with it for that.

on 11/26/2017 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I really love this trio from WnW the packaging is flimsy but the product is wonderful ,it's pigmented,easy to blend and stays on the lid does not give a lot of fall out and the pricing is great can't beat that.Great product

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing eyeshadows and one of the best for drugstore!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is some of the best eyeshadow I own. It's very soft, pigmented, and smooth. I don't wear it often because I don't go for the shimmer as much, but it is the best. If they had a matte version, I would be all over it.

on 9/30/2017 11:36:00 AM

I have several palettes and observed that they were not really pigmented . But I changed my brush ( to a fluffy one ) and now the eyeshadows work perfectly. The sheen is beautiful and the Color is unique . Good for every day look and safe enough even for the gym . The three colors give a wide option , I often use one shade only or two shades and they all look so good . Love them and so cheap !

on 7/29/2017 12:56:00 PM

HOLY SMOKES this eyeshadow trio is literally the bomb!!! Pigmentation is amazing, blends amazing, extremely soft and creamy, not a lot of fallouts as well. Never used the world's tiniest eyeshadow brush that comes with it and I think wet n wild should just ditch the brush entirely but for $3 who am I to complain? I dont use the crease shade often as I prefer to use a matte eyeshadow instead. However, the crease shade used on its own is really nice too though. The eyelid shade is great and the browbone shade is even better. As a whole this trio is great for on the go to fit in your makeup bag or for a day to day basis. Awesome basic must-have eyeshadow shade everyone should have in their collection.