wet n wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Quad - Walking on Eggshells

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a good trio for a simple, every day, work-friendly look, especially on lighter skin (though of course it would work well on deeper skin tones as well.) If I only had two minutes to do a quick eye look, this is absolutely something I'd reach for. It is nice for traveling as well, since it is so small, but I have the same problem with it that I have had with other WnW trios and palettes since they reformulated/changed to the black packaging: the shadows are very fragile and prone to breaking if they're not handled carefully. I went through two Comfort Zone palettes before I gave up for this very reason, and the eyelid shade in this trio broke, though not completely. I know they are inexpensive, but it is frustrating to keep buying the same product again and again not because I used it up or it expired but because it keeps breaking at the slightest jostle. I took off one lippie for that, because otherwise it is a great staple to have on hand for quick and pretty looks.

I've got to hand it to Wet'N'Wild, this trio is a must have in EVERYONE'S makeup collection. I keep this in my train case with my other staple products. I use this on days when I want a quick/easy look or when I'm not inspired with my current palette of choice. For such an affordable product, the pigmentation is out of this world. I'd definitely recommend for those who are also starting out in makeup. Those with more mature eyes and are worried about any fine lines/wrinkles showing you might want to skip this as it has shimmer in it.

on 6/23/2016 10:32:00 PM

Finally got around to buying this a few weeks ago...and Ive been reaching for it every day since. I mostly only use the lid shade...I find using the highlight shade is borderline overkill since the lid shade is shimmery enough to make eyes pop. On me it shows as more of a champagne shade than a true pink...which is perfect. Blends so well, it makes it easy to swipe and dash out the door. Easy breezy, cheap, and perfect for every day eyes. No real issues with creasing, fading, or fall out in my experience. Wish I had tried this years ago...

on 3/16/2016 9:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

These are really nice eyeshadows, even compared to more expensive brands. They apply smoothly, are pigmented, blend easily and don't crease. I don't reach for this one often, I guess the shades in this one just don't wow me. Either way it's a great trio of shadows. I personally would not repurchase but I did put my rating here as a "would repurchase" since it's certainly worth owning but the shades are just not my fav for some reason.

Oh and apparently these shades are a dupe for UD's Smog, Sin and Virgin.

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Amazing texture, no fallout etc. One of my favorite eye make up products and totally lives up to the hype. A bargain to boot!

I love this palette . I must admit I have used this palette with other eye shadows but this is a great palette. It is inexpensive the colors are great and work well together . I do own this palette and I love the lightest color for a great highlight effect under my eyebrows as well as an eye shadow. I found it at Walgreen , Target and Five Below under $5 and sometimes I have seen it on sale great buy and the packaging is good this has never broken on me love it.
Definitely worth a try.

on 9/24/2015 12:11:00 PM

I never knew what a buttery eyeshadow was until i purchased this little drug store gem. (I got this at Walgreens BOGO 50%, i also bought Sweet as Candy, but haven't used it yet) I've seen it talked about on the boards, YT's and blogs.

The packaging is cheap and annoying to open but i do love that it comes with TWO applicators, great to use if you wanted to touch up throughout the day or if you were traveling.

the color payoff is impressive, really made me brown eyes pop. Its so versatile, you can create so many looks with these three shades. The colors are so easy to blend.

for reference I used Miliani eyeshadow primer and NYX jumbo pencil in Milk as a base. Lasted all day, no creasing.

I'm sad i waited to so long to pick this up! Can't wait to try more of the trio's

All of the wet n wild shadows are worth trying out for the price. This one is nice but color wise not my favorite but you really can't go wrong buying to try out

on 12/4/2014 9:20:00 PM

One of my drugstore HGs, I really love this product! If it hadn't been for the great reviews on MUA, I would have passed by this product entirely!

I had been using the Naked 2 palette for over a year, but I was hitting pan in some of my favorite everyday shades, plus it was WAY too heavy for travel, when I found this gem through MUA reviews. I promptly depotted it (Wet 'n Wild's packaging is flimsy so this was super-easy) and put it in an E.L.F. refill pan. This is the perfect trio for on-the-go, beautiful, neutral eyes, and I even had room in the ELF pan for brow filler and brush!

I always use this with a primer (Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Candlelight), and I find that the shadow lasts for about 6-8 hours, depending on how much I layer on the color. The texture of the shadows can be a bit soft, but the overall effect of the three colors layered together creates a beautiful, neutral eye.

I am not lying when I say that these colors have replaced my Naked2 palette in my daily routine. I reach for this every single day; I have a set at home and in my travel kit. At only $1.99 for the kit, you can't afford not to run out and buy this!

on 7/26/2014 1:11:00 AM

I actually picked this up for my daughter who is discovering the joys of makeup. Figured I'd go get her some stuff to play with to keep her out of my stash. Nice neutral shades, helluva good price, she doesn't like it and I'm out $2. Get it home, help her work some magic with a brush, and what sorcery is this?!?! It's good. Unbelievably good. Mana from heaven good. Soft, pigmented, blends like Urban Decay. For less than coffee? Hot damn I went back out for more goodies.

A few (or a lot, if I'm honest) years back, we all had our Wet n Wild metallic blue and green nail polish, and the mood lipsticks, but it wasn't exactly anything you would buy if you could get your hands on Hard Candy. And now it's far and above most drugstore products. For dirt cheap.

Only con, as with most of their products, the packaging leaves a lot to be desired. And they do not always survive a fall off the bathroom counter. But for the price, you can replace it with no tears