Aussie Hair Insurance Leave In Conditioner

Aussie Hair Insurance Leave In Conditioner

3.6

water, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, silk extract, panax ginsing root extract, amodimethicone, cetrimonium chloride, trideceth-12, polyquaternium-11, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, ppg-2 methyl ether, dmdm hydantion, fragrence/parfum, disodium edta, polysorbate80, aminomethyl propanol, citric acid. 2012 formula

on 2/21/2016 3:44:00 PM

I've read some good reviews about this and bought it but it did ot do so well for me. I used this daily for a good while like two months to see if it worked after washing my hair when it was damp. I have damaged bleached hair and it turns really puffy and frizzy and mega tangled after drying so I tried this to see if it would work. It took away the puffiness of my hair though so I kept using it but weighed it down so much. It made my naturally oily hair way greasy so I couldn't go two days without washing my hair even with dry shampoo. It also did not help detangles whatsoever and my hair did not get any softer or shinier. apart from making my hair less puffy it didn't do anything else. in the end I dont recommend it for anyone because really awesome products tend to work on most everybody and this product can be a bargain for some and a waste of money

on 2/4/2016 7:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just tried some of this over at my friends home. I couldn't wait to get home and wash it out. The scent smelled like some cheap perfume. I am very prone to migraines and it almost gave me one. If I had it in my hair longer I would probably be in bed b/c of the migraine. This might work on some that can stand the scent, but not me. I do like that it was in a spray bottle.
I am still on the hunt for a good decent leave in for my thick, wavy, and coarse hair.

To Read all 268 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/5/2016 4:13:00 PM

I expected this to be a lot better since I like Aussie shampoos and conditioners. Im not sure if this does much of anything for my hair. I bought it mostly for a detangler but it does not detangle. I know it doesn't claim to but one would assume a leave in conditioner would make hair easier to comb out. Pretty simple. This smells pretty good and its inexpensive and the purple bottle is cute and its better than nothing...this helps make my hair smoother and less frizzy than when using nothing at all...and it doesn't weigh my hair down or make it crunchy. I suppose it makes my hair a bit softer and shinier. So, like, its fine...but Ive used a lot of way better leave-in sprays that actually detangle my post shower knots...which is all I really want from a cheap spray like this...

on 1/5/2016 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm at a loss with this product. I have been using it for years, way back when Aussie used to be in the white bottles, not all purple. I've went through several bottles, using it sometimes daily or every other day in my damp hair before I comb it out and blow dry it - and have loved it. It always made my hair feel more like regular "hair" (healthy) and not dry and brittle like my hair usually is (have fine hair but lots of it that builds up easily). About almost a week ago - I started running low on this and had to wait to buy some more. But since then (so almost a week) I noticed that my hair was not 100%. It was either brittle on the ends, not holding it's curl when I curled it, hanging flat, or even greasy. Gross. Just not normal. Strangely enough, it was like a light switch, I almost thought it was a shampoo or conditioner I was using.

Until I eliminated this product from my daily routine. I styled my hair with a different leave-in spray, and my hair came to life. I tried switching other shampoos, conditioners while using the Aussie stuff - and my hair was still hanging greasy. That's when I started to wonder if it was this product, and not my shampoo/conditioner (I even clarified.) I'm not sure if my hair just adapted to the product or what - but even after a full clarifying shampoo to remove build up if that was the issue - it didn't help while still using this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is completely useless to me, it does not even detangle well. I have wavy, dense, fine hair. To get a sense of what leave-in's work for me infusium 23 & tresemme have been a bust. Suave keratin heat defense, giovanni direct leave in, miracle 7, chi & ion keratin mist have all worked much better.

I love the aussie moist conditioner, and I was hoping this would be a great low price leave-in, and it was not. It took a lot of sprays to detangle my hair, my hair took longer to dry & this felt sticky while wet. Once dry the middle part of my hair felt softer, but the ends were extremely dry. Since part of my hair did feel softer, this leads me to believe this might work for some people. I'm giving mine away & won't repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Unfortunately this did absolutely nothing for mine or my daughters hair.
It did not really condition or detangle I am not sure what its main purpose is even suppose to be but we had no results at all, it was like spraying scented water.
The scent was ok but the scent for the children's detangler, Bloomin' Apple IS AMAZING! and it detangles fairly well. I wish more products had that scent.

on 6/12/2015 7:34:00 PM

I was on the lookout for a leave in conditioner and detangler in one..and decided to start with low end products first to see if I liked any of them. This is what this one delivered for me, it made my hair soft and shiny,after air drying. The scent was amazing a coconut smell kinda like their 3 minute miracle. What it was lacking was the detangleing,but it doesn't claim to be a detangler it was just expected. So no false claims on Aussie's part. I have waist length thick hair and anyone with long hair knows how it can be combing out your wet hair.This may work on thin hair or shorter hair. Bottom line: Good conditioner but was hoping for more.Honestly I'd repurchase just for the scent alone!

on 2/7/2015 11:55:00 AM

In the winter, this isn't enough to control static, but it does a decent job of detangling. Where I really like to use this is when my HG leave-in (It's a 10!) starts to run low, I can never get the last bits out of the bottom because it gets too thick to spray. So I use the cheap Aussie Hair Insurance to dilute the last little bits of the It's a 10! so that I can use the entire bottle. For that purpose alone, I would repurchase since the It's a 10! is so expensive and I hate wasting any of it.

I have repurchased this bottle so many times over the course of 10 or more YEARS! It's my HG! For reference I have medium-wavy textured (2b/2c), color treated hair. This helps detangle my often-times damaged hair which reduces my breakage greatly! It is not packed with proteins, so it doesn't give me that "flattened/smoothed" feeling that a keratin leave-in does. When my hair ends are feeling extremely frazzled out, I do use a keratin leave-in on clean towel-dried hair, and after it sets I will still use this. But normally I just use this by itself and it gives me literally NO greasy weigh-down or residue. The smell is heaven! And the ingredients! I am a major ingredient-reader, god help anyone who gets coerced into shopping with me. ;-) But really, CASTOR OIL, ALOE, SILK, ASIAN GINSENG. All of these ingredients in my experience have been known to aid tremendously in moisturizing my dehydrated hairs. I will forever repurchase this product as long as the formula remains the same. And come on, it's like $3.00. That's unheard of! I LOVE AUSSIE.

on 1/17/2015 2:55:00 AM

Meh. Not horrible, but it's not much of a leave-in conditioner. Didn't provide much moisture at all.

I always use some type of a leave-in on my hair before blow drying, and this one did not help to make my hair more smooth or manageable.

It honestly didn't seem to do much of anything. I wouldn't buy it again.