The Body Shop Shea Shower Cream

The Body Shop Shea Shower Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua/Water/Eau (Solvent/Diluent), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), PEG-5 Cocamide (Surfactant), Coco-Glucoside (Surfactant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Butyrospermum Parkii/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), CI 15985/Yellow 6 (Colour).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

never have I ever...... had such an amazingly rich and soft shower cream. This is pure heaven. It feels like a thick lotion when you apply it, and then changes into a very creamy milky foam. it leaves my skin very soft and subtly scented. This one wins from my pharmacy shower lotion for dry skin. I definitely recommend this to everyone!

Loe this shower cream. A little goes a long way. Smells good; moisturizes well.

To Read all 23 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/14/2016 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

wow was my first thought that came to mind when applying this to my extremely dry somewhat sensitive skin. I've been checking this out online for a while and was disappointed to see it came only in the coconut and Shea scents. I am not the biggest fan of coconut and I hate the smell of Shea products as I always think they smell like cocoa butter and that smell just makes me nauseous. I am a serious bloodhound when it comes to smells, I can smell a fire burning in another country, so I have to have a sniff prior to purchasing something, well anything. I totally forgot about wanting to smell this and I was in ulta the other day, looking for something moisturizing and good smelling for my dry winter skin, and I passed by this product after checking it out online the week prior. I picked up both the coconut and the Shea scents and started to sniff, expecting to leave with the coconut in hand, but the Shea smelled fresh and warm, not like the usual cocoa butter scent I associate with Shea butter scented products, and was pleasantly surprised. I've been using this ever since, it is a warm smelling fresh scent that lingers somewhat gently on the skin, no problem with layering any fragrance I may wear each day. My skin is soft and it does not leave a greasy residue on which I expect from a moisturizing shower cream. It lathers nicely and applies and rinses well. No residue, no weird smell, and just moisturizes my skin that I'm too lazy, wait, too annoyed at the greasy films that are commonly left on my skin after using moisturizers. Super affordable and works well. 2 thumbs up.

This was a perfectly pleasant shower gel, which lathered nicely and left my skin feeling soft and moisturised. The only downside was the scent, which I found to be quite synthetic - a little like warm plastic. I've used the body butter in this range and don't remember it smelling like this, so can only assume the scent is unique to the shower gel.

Although I liked it, there are plenty of other shower gels from TBS and other brands which I prefer more, so I won't be repurchasing this in the future.

on 10/25/2015 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have really oily, sensitive, acne prone skin on my face and all over my body. This shower cream is the first bath product I have ever tried from tbs and the scent is very clean and not too overpowering. This has little to no lather as it's a thin, creamy consistency. It leaves my facial and body skin so clean and soft with no residue as it's gentle enough to not aggravate my acne. I also tried shaving with this once and I got such a close shave with no nicks as it's so creamy. It also removed deodorant really well despite that creaminess. My skin being so soft afterwards is probably contributed to the fact that I use my hands to wash my body instead of a textured body sponge or pouf but most people could probably get away with using one. I got the smaller bottle for $9 at Ulta which is a good value as it's good for both face and body as well as shaving even though it's recommended as just a body wash.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am a fan of TBS in general and have yet to find a product I disliked from them. This shower cream is no different. I was worried it wouldn't lather very well because of its label as a shower "cream" but it develops nicely into a rich, moisturizing, luxurious lather. The scent is nice, sort of nutty like cocoa butter lotion. It seems these kinds of fragrances in products are love-it-or-hate-it. (It took me a while for cocoa/shea butter to grow on me too, but it really does wonders for dry skin.) But if you feel as though your skin could use a little help during the long winter months, give this a shot. I like to use this especially on cold winter days in which I am shaving. It just adds a little more moisture to the whole ordeal in addition to body lotion, etc. I think TBS sells this in travel-size too for about $5. (However, this is only 2 oz. A full sized bottle is 8.4 oz. for $14. Not a very cost effective idea unless you're travelling or truly want to try out a few new scents.) You really can't go wrong with any of TBS shower gels/creams/soaps; especially there are often great B3G2 deals on their website or Ulta sometimes does buy 1, get 1 50% off.

on 11/15/2014 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got the travel size version to see if I would want to buy the full size. It lasted about 4 weeks. The shower cream has a mild scent. It does not lather like shower gels would. Overall it was okay. I did not feel that much moisturized after using it.

on 12/27/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Another hit for me from the Shea line. It smells great and creates a creamy lather that doesn't dry out my skin or cause any rashes. I just pour some on my loofah and after I am done, my skin is left soft and smooth. I wish the fragrance lasted longer on my skin but it is not a big deal. It rinses clean and is good if you are prone to flakiness and dryness on your body like I am.

on 10/16/2013 8:10:00 AM

I love this product!!!! I find with the body shop sometimes the smell is too artificial and strong. however this product has a light smell which just ignites my senses. I cant comment on the price as I received this as a Christmas gift however I will be repurchasing the bigger size bottle.it is one of those shower creams I just have to tell my friends about.

on 9/21/2013 3:16:00 AM

The first reason I picked this stuff is because my skin was dry due to drying bath gel. The shop assistant suggested several shower creams but I chose this because I love the smell. Classic, elegant scent in my opinion and it is not overwhelming.

The cream is a bit runny but not very thin. When I hold the bottle upside down (without squeezing), the cream doesn't come out. When lathered on skin, it isn't foamy. Not foamy = good shower cream. I think it's because The Body Shop doesn't use SLS in their bath products. It leaves my skin moisturized enough but once or twice I found that I needed to put on body lotion. So it may not be moisturize enough for people with very dry skin.

What I love so far from using this shower cream for more than 3 weeks is that it makes my skin less dry. My skin starts to get back to its normal condition.

Popular Body Skincare Products