St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

Filtered by skin type : Normal
St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
Green Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea Scrub

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

on 3/17/2017 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm enjoying this product. For a long time I was using another drugstore scrub with 1 percent salicylic acid, but that one was getting harder to find. I came across this one, and was pleased to find it was a couple dollars cheaper than the brand I had long been using, and I liked that it had green tea (how much, I'm not sure, but I like herbal treatments) and promised to calm some redness, which can be an issue for me.

I haven't used it a lot yet, but it feels both nicely scrubby but not too harsh. There's barely any scent to it, and even though the instructions say to limit use if skin feels too dry, I haven't noticed any issues, and my skin tends to be normal to dry. (Mostly dry in winter, and easing into normal for the warmer months.) I tend to apply this anywhere I am feeling a breakout start to erupt, and I let it sit on my face for a couple minutes, then use a bit more on my nose, cheeks and chin, for extra exfoliation. Afterwards my skin feels a bit smoother, and the breakout starts to settle down pretty fast.

I'm really happy with this. It smells alright, feels great, and calms my skin when pimples are imminent. And it's less than $5.

on 10/7/2015 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I don't have sensitive skin at all and this scrub gave me red ugly rashes all around my pimple areas. My face felt tight and dry afterwards and the rash stays almost 1 week. This is horrible on my skin and now I can only use it for foot scrub. Too harsh, won't recommend. Not even for the price would I buy any St.Ives scrub again.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

St. Ive's does it again with this one. I always liked their scrub and now with green tea its the bomb! Makes my skin feel smooth and renewed. Plus gets rid of nasty pimples!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'm amazed at how much I love this! I actually purchased this product by mistake. I have enjoyed using St. Ives Apricot scrub for years. I was amazed how this scrub dramatically decreased my facial redness.

on 10/26/2014 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a confusing product - the instructions on the tube read like it's meant to be used as a rinse off spot treatment? I don't get it.
Cons: Smell is very fruity and strong, I don't care for it.
The salicylic acid is pointless. It's a well know fact that acids in any product that you rinse off almost immediately after application don't offer a benefit. It's just hype.
I found that when using it at the sink, it was very difficult to rinse it cleanly away. Much better luck in the shower, however still a detriment to the product; I don't want to have to shower in order to use it. Getting the beads in your eyes sucks.
Pros: It's cheap. Packaging is perfect. The silica, (exfoliating beads), are plentiful, much more so than the walnut shell beads in the apricot scrub. Although they are very smooth, and at best I would consider this a mild exfoliant. Since I purchased this as an exfoliant versus a cleanser, it's too mild for what I wanted it for.
Overall not a bad product, but I don't care for it as a daily cleanser due to poor rinseability, nor do I like it as a microdermabrasion experience as it's not as abrasive as I like/want.
For those with sensitive skin, perhaps this would be better suited.
I only use it on my husband's back.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm glad I only bought a trial size of this because it's horrible. I generally don't like exfoliants for daily use but I thought I'd try it out. After washing my face I used an astringent and to my dismay the cotton pad was covered in my face makeup! I then washed my face again and again make up came off with the astringent. I'm sticking with Biore ice cleanser or olay foaming face wash.

on 6/28/2014 8:44:00 AM

Fab scrub. LOTS of beads but very fine. Cheap as chips. Exactly what I want, scrubs my face very clean ready for a lovely deep moisturiser. No more pimples since I've been using it. Awesome stuff.

on 11/18/2013 12:18:00 PM

I've been dealing with acne every time I don't have enough of sleep, so i tried so much scrubs and cleanser to minimize and to get rid of these red patches in my face. Before i buy new product/s i make it a habit to read reviews about its pros and cons and there you go! i've read that St. Ives green tea scrub can reduce the redness of the acne and totally eliminate its stay on face. It's somewhat true!=) I'm on it's 5th day and I can say it is effectively lightens the reddish appearance. After washing your skin becomes so soft and tight so for cold weather it might dry your skin,=)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Disclaimer: I have not used this scrub for long (12 night applications) and I have not encountered any blemishes since I bought it so I can't say how effective this is for acne treatment. However, I am impressed so far. I imagine that at 1% sal.acid it should make a difference on skin which is sal.acid receptive, and paired with a moderately active and healthy eating routine should prevent blemishes very well. I bought this because I needed a new exfoliant, and I chickened out of purchasing one of the intruiging enzyme-exfoliant masks with the hefty price tags I have my eye on. (Maybe next time haha). This caught my eye because it was on sale, and I have yet to find a St Ives product that didnt do what it says. I like the scrubs you can really feel working, and I dont find this to be anywhere near too harsh when you use a gentle hand as the particles are small. This scrub leaves my skin soft and glowing every time, immediately reduced 90% redness and in 2weeks has just about conquered my blackheads. Only con is that the acne treatment properties leave my skin just a little tight-feeling afterwards unlike my last scrub (Clinique 7Day Scrub Cream which I HIGHLY recommend), but nothing uncomfortable. St Ives has done it again.

on 7/8/2013 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love it. I've always been a fan of the original apricot scrub, I never found it too harsh, but after trying the green tea version I doubt I'll switch back. The thick texture is very pleasant, I love that it kind of dissolves and becomes foamy the more you massage it in, and the 1% salicylic acid content is the perfect amount for me to prevent breakouts without drying my skin out over time. The smell is nice. I wish the price was not a dollar more than the apricot scrub, but oh well. It's still not a budget-breaker or anything.