Goody Spin Pin

Goody Spin Pin
Spin PinEnter TitleSpin PinEnter TitleGoody Spin Pins

4.4

I was a little afraid to get these because my hair is thin and fine and they looked too big to hold on my hair but it was such a neat concept that I got them. It was a little pricey for just two but I feel in love with them. They held well in my hair and made my buns, or whatever style I was doing look a lot fuller. I did find a pack of 10 that aren't Goody brand but they're a bit smaller and better in my hair and cost a lot less. Perfect when you only have 2 min to style your hair !

on 6/18/2017 12:18:00 AM

a must have item for me. I have to rebuy them every so often because I lose them, but I can't live without them. Ponytails pull on my scalp so I usually pull it back w/ small claw clips but I can't get claw clips to stay in my hair for a long time. So this has been my solution for those times I want to keep all of my hair out of my face. I have long fine hair & can use one, which is what I often do since most of the time I can't locate 2 spin pins lol. The technique i use is to push the end of the pin straight into the bun & then spin it down against my scalp. My daughter likes these too and her buns stay in until I take them out. (and I have the same problem with her hair where it falls out of every style I put it in)

on 11/16/2015 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using these for years. I wear my hair up every single day. Always. These have less pressure/soreness than claw clips, less breakage and more control than bands, and utility-wise, they offer more style options than both. And I prefer them to sticks because they're more comfortable. They retain their form and usability far longer than any other hair utensil I've used.
I love them and always keep multiple packs in case they disappear.

on 9/24/2015 11:09:00 AM

Bought these at the grocery store that I work in yesterday.
Some background to my hair: My hair is very fine and flyaway, a little longer then bra strap length, and a little above medium volume. I am very picky about what goes in my hair, as I don't want to damage it while it is up in a bun. I usually live in a metal Ron Quattro Starlights fork to hold up my dry hair. When I use hairpins, I usually use two or three 3" length Amish style steel pins in damp/wet hair, which holds like a rock until I take them out. They don't work on dry hair for me, so I couldn't use the two that I had in my purse.
I had forgotten my usual hair fork, and needed something other then a hair elastic to keep my hair out of my face, and off of my neck. These are very expensive, $6.99 for two. (I know I bought them in a grocery store, which is not very economic of me, but still, my only other options were plastic claw type clips, which my hair laughs at and then spits out.)
They held for the most part. I prefer a neat bun, which was not possible for the two pins to sustain. My hair in a bun is quite thick, and I tried to catch some scalp hair to keep it from slipping out, but some of the ends came out anyway,and got in my face, which is annoying when you are trying to run a cash register. I had to redo it after an hour, and again, after a couple of hours, when I did my hair in a figure-eight type bun, with the top coil flipped to make my bun look like an 8, with each loop getting a pin screwed in horizontal to try to catch scalp hair and hold it better. That held for the remaining four hours of my shift.
I will have to continue to play around with these to see if I can make them work, but I'm not betting that they will be something I reach for on an everyday basis.

Love these things! I have long thick hair that I mostly keep up and these pins keep them up all day. I have purchased them several times as I keep forgetting where I put them.

on 12/20/2014 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

These spin pins are great for buns. I have fine hair but a LOT of it. Normally it takes a good 10 bobby pins to hold my buns in place. I tried these on a whim...super impressed. 2 regular spin pins placed through my bun, and stays put all day. The pins I use now are at least 1 year ago and no sign of wear with near daily use. I love how they twist in, my bun feels very secure. A must for gals that like to put their hair into buns.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Meh. That's the one word I would use to describe these pins. I think they work better if you have fine, thin hair that's not too long. My hair is fine but abundant and long and they do not keep the bun in place. I'm not a fan of the messy bun look which is what I end up getting.
I guess it's back to those claw clips when I want to put my hair up.

on 6/14/2014 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I didn't think I'd like them so much! I've never been able to put my hair in a top-knot or bun because anytime I start using more than 2 or 4 bobby pins, I'm asking for trouble. (I can't do my own hair to save my life.)

I have both the regular length and the mini ones. I read review that the regular length pins are for longer hair but it didn't work with my layered, medium textured and thin hair. I couldn't hide the pins in my hair. The mini ones worked much better. Can't see them in the bun.

The regular length is easier to find in stores than the minis. I found the minis in Target for about $6.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are great!! I had them for awhile not really knowing how to use them until I remembered I had them & saw a couple of YouTube tutorials on how to wear them. Now I will never be without them. I have a long single one w a silver rose on the end & I have a couple of sets of the 2 pins that are sold together. The directions that come w them are useless! Watch a YouTube video or 2 if you want to get the most out of them. You will wonder how you ever lived w/o them but they are something that requires practice just like hair chopsticks did (for me).

on 3/27/2014 3:13:00 AM

I got one at CVS that has a silver metal flower on the end. I bought it because I thought the flower was cute and it was on clearance for $2. If I can find more of the ones with flowers on the ends I would like one or two more, but they're hard to find. As far as I know, only CVS carried them. Anyway, this holds my hair together very well. I usually use it for a messy bun and just use about 2 hairpins to keep it secure. Without this pin I would use 6 or 7 hairpins. I think it looks quite elegant yet casual enough for every day.

Popular Hair Styling Tools