71%
package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

This is a slightly tan neutral in the bottle. There is a slight hint of peach to it. (No pink as the name cotton candy implies.) 1 coat goes on very well. It's not quite as easy to apply as a sheer, but still very easy. You do have to watch for a very tiny amount of streaks that are very, very easy to correct (unlike some polishes). You don't have to fight the polish but just not rush. (I can't get some polishes like ESSIE Ballet Slippers, Marshmallow to go on well, this is 99% easier than they are). The color is very neutral a very soft buff-beige-tan with a hint of peach. It might look a tiny, tiny bit yellowing or unflattering to some people. This is a color where some will love it and some will not. It goes on in 1 coat as semi-sheer with a hint of milkiness. 2 coats gets quite a bit milkier. You have to watch a little more for streaks, but they are very easily correctable. It's a forgiving formula. It gets a bit peachier and some may find it looks too yellow against their skin-tone. It does whiten the tips a bit at 2 coats. 3 coats starts to get a touch streaky. I would only use 2 coats, 3 looks like you could use 4 coats. It is a touch trickier to smooth it out. It's doable though, but a little bit of extra effort. Some would find it tricky. Frankly, I don't like the color or formula enough to do 3-4 coats, when it looks better in 1-2 (prefer 2). It also pulls a lot more yellow than peach at 3 coats. I am unsure if I would rebuy this one, likely not unless it was very, very cheap. It's not bad at all, but the color is a love it or hate it flattering or not color.

About reviewer (87 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

3.0

6 years ago

This is from the old-school "classic" OPI line up and is a little boring nowadays - and gives me neutral "Mannequin" hands. Not a fave - but not horrible either. Super easy to apply if you want sheer/nude but for opacity you will need 3 thin coats. (2 may not cut it.). Not a HG but not bad either. Very peachy - better for Warmer-toned gals (I need more blue in my nudes.)

About reviewer (2453 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

6 years ago

Like the last reviewer said, this is great for yellow undertoned girls like myself ! (I am asian) I LOVE colors like bubble bath and Ballet slippers, but they dont look good on me :( On my warm coloring, Coney Island Cotton Candy is a dream come true, very beige, soft, and natural with a hint of peachiness. This is my version of Bubble Bath! I would say this color is a blend of sexy and sophisticated because the color makes fingers look longer :D

About reviewer (215 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

In the end, you get a gorgeous nude-peach, however it's just not worth the 5-6 coats of application to reach maximum opacity. UK ladies, pick up Barry M 'Peach Melba', it's extremely similar to this nail polish.

About reviewer (230 reviews)

SkinOther, Olive

7 years ago

Terrible texture. Streaky the first 3 coats and had to put on 5 coats for it to be solid. Takes forever to dry as such. The colour isn't the pink in the bottle, more like a peachy beige, which isn't terrible on my hands but definitely not the nudish pink I thought I was getting. I would not get this again.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

7 years ago

It's a really pretty neutral color. I have baby hands and even with short nails, it makes my fingers look "womanly"? Lol. I like it better than dulce de leche and barefoot in Barcelona which are too dark kind of nudes in my opinion, even for a woman of color. One lippie off because it's quite sheer, 3-4 coats needed. Probably won't repurchase because OPI isn't cheap and this color isn't really unique

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinOther, Dark

HairBrown

from

7 years ago

I just got this shade yesterday and am loving it! It's the perfect soft shade for my yellow under-tone skin. It some how looks more like a nude pink on my nails, more natural than the actual pink soft shades from OPI. I'm very glad how nice the color turned out on my nails, and of course same as all other OPI polishes, good quality, smooth to apply, shining finish, short drying time like always.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3.0

7 years ago

initially i did not think much about this polish; in fact, i completely forgot i had it until very recently. However, with this being said, i deserve everything deserves a second chance - and im glad i did. i actually got alot of compliments when i wore this polish; its very clean and natural looking. a friend of mine even told me this polish makes me look like i have "Fake nails" so if you like that kind of look then give it a go. this polish is definetly not my very nude, however, i think it deserves a fairly decent review !!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

8 years ago

Way too yellow on me, made me look like I had smokers fingers!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

EyesBlue

from

8 years ago

I used this only a few times. this is a good product, but it's too...yellow for me? it makes my nails like mannequin's. only colour didn't fit on my nails. Good beige for someone is difficult to find, you know? because they have subtle difference, you can't find easily exactly good fitted colour to your own nails.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure