CHANEL Chance Eau Tendre

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

4.4

This perfume doesn't smell anything like Chanel Chance. I expected it to be a lighter, sparkling version of Chance but, as someone else noted, it smells very similar to Marc Jacobs Daisy. I use this as perfume for work because I work with small kids and don't want to choke them with anything strong.

In a word, boring.

It's not unpleasant. Extremely flowery, and the jasmine certainly stands out. But it just disappears, there's no sign of the purported amber/musk base notes. Probably won't buy this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I haven't actually purchased this, but I've smelled it in the store.

It smells nice...but there's no way I'm going to pay that much for a fragrance that smells like this...I could very easily find something that smells similar for cheaper.

Quite nice, nothing too special. Smells EXACTLY the same as Marc Jacobs Daisy!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Overall, I like this perfume. It has a light, fresh, fruity scent, and stays all day. The only thing is that I don't think it smells particularly good on myself. My mom says that unless I've just hopped out of the shower, this perfume makes me smell like I have bad BO. However, I sprayed it on my mom, and it smells lovely on her, and more floral. I think, like with any perfume, you should probably by a sample of it before your purchase a full size bottle, that way you know if it works with your chemistry. I will not be repurchasing this perfume.

I've been seeing a new man. He expressed a longing to buy me a gift. I told him "I LOVE perfume, I want you to buy me a fragrance you want me to wear." Chancy, I know, but fragrance is a powerful thing. He spent an hour at Sephora (gag, would have loved a unique, obscure fragrance from H Bendel, et al, but alas). Well, this evening he presented me with my gift and when I saw Chanel's Chance I thought, "Well, for him, I will wear it." But wait- Eau Tendre? Okay- this fragrance is... It's the fragrance of... It's just wonderful. Even sprayed it around my home it's so lovely and unique (for Chanel) and clean and fresh, yet there's a muskiness that will carry it through the winter. Suffice to say, this new man jumped the hoop, landed on both feet and really pleasantly suprised me. Would have never CONSIDERED smelling this, now overjoyed to own it.

i didn't actually buy this product, but i've been considering and got a sample. it reminded me of two perfumes. this is the love child of daisy by marc jacobs and florra by gucci. at first it smells just like daisy when you spray it, and it dries down to smell like florra. for the price that it is at, i'm not sure i will buy it for myself. maybe in the summer. maybe. xD

edit:
so i caved. someone actually ended up buying this for me, but, nonetheless it is such a beautiful scent. i actually enjoy the fact that it kind of resembles daisy now because it is a scent that reminds me of my friend. this perfume will have good memories associated with it. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My all time favorite daily fragrance! Not too sweet, unique and special! I would recommend it to every woman who wants to smell fresh, clean and feminine, a bit sexy and seductive too ;)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely love this perfume! It's my signature scent! I normally switch perfumes with the seasons but I wear this all year round. Every time I wear it I get a ton of compliments (especially from men). Such a sexy scent! Remember: A little goes a long way! Don't drench yourself in it or you'll have a headache!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

this is going to be my pre-review. i have not bought this fragrance yet but let me just say, i've tried it on more than a couple times and every time i have it lasts until the next day on my skin. i sprayed it on yesterday around 2pm and now it is the next day at 11 am. it is a little faint right now, but i can still smell the 'undertones' of it like it is a little of my skin. smells very light and sweet, fruity but more on the floral side and its perfect for me. it is going to be the first perfume i purchase, and i will write again when i start wearing it daily :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Before I review this, I want to say that if youre thinking of getting this perfume don't just base all of your opinion on the reviews you read on here. Mostly because what it smells like on me could be completely different than what it smells like on you. Everyone's own body chemistry can change the scent a lot so be aware of that. Now my own personal opinion is this is my favorite perfume of all time, I have loved it for years and it's my signature scent. This is what I wear almost every day. Something about it when it hits my skin just makes me smell so youthful and fresh. This perfume is delicious in my opinion. It's not one of those sweet scents like Vera Wang Princess or something but it has a sweet element to it. It's not like a candy sweet, it's more of like a fruity sweet. Some people think it's very floral but to me it falls in between being clean smelling and floral/fruity smelling. It's not overwhelmingly floral, if it were I would never have bought it because I'm not huge on really floral perfumes. I'm very sensitive to perfumes as well. I'm very picky cause some of them can give me headaches. I don't have that problem with this one. Even though I got the eu de toilette, it seems more like an eu de perfume to me. The lasting power is fantastic. It lasts all day and doesn't smell like something totally different after a few hours. It stays quite true to what it smells like when it's first sprayed. I'd say its good for girls who are between the ages of 17-25ish. It's not really young smelling like a Britney Spears perfume but it's not old ladyish like some other perfumes can be. I always get complimented when I wear it. It's Chanel so obviously it's going to be expensive but it lasts me a long time and I don't at all regret spending the money. Overall this is the only perfume I have bothered to repurchase ever and I'm in love with it. I have been for a couple years now and I havent gotten tired of it. I don't know why it isnt more popular than it is. Chanel never disappoints! :)

Popular Fragrances