Chanel Chance Eau Tendre

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Top Notes: Grapefruit, Quince
Heart Notes: Hyacinth, Jasmine
Base notes: Amber, Cedar, Iris, White musk

Mediocre variation of the original 'Chance' by Chanel that was launched in 2010. Extremely fruity and sweet smelling. I would group this in the same boat as Flowerbomb - meant for a younger audience that prefers Bath and Body Works scents over masterpieces such as Shalimar.

I've actually been asked not to wear this at work, and for a good reason.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in the Body Mist, it smells so decadent! Very lux, Chanel is my fave brand for anything (I need to quit!!), but the lasting power of the Body Mist isn't long lasting like an EDP/EDT so I've ordered plain Chance EDT 1.2oz for $72 & 3 different Chanel soaps in hopes that they will serve me better than this Body Mist. This is a big bottle for $55 which is why I thought it would be a gr8 deal but I end up spraying it about every 5 minutes coz it does not last. I'm sure the EDP is better! My mistake trying to go cheaper route nothing against the scent. It's lovely & effervescent like champagne, happy & frolicking, cheerful & friendly just a little snobby but classy & selective; pink is embodied in a scent! I used to like VS/B&BW but I sprayed some Pink body spray today & it smelled just rough compared to Chanel's smoothly suave pinkness. I've spoiled myself! VS pink fresh & clean bodywash & lotion goes pretty good w this thou to try to prolong the scent.

I had no problem with sillage or longevity--honestly it lasted quite some time on me and smelled great all day. My whole issue I had with this scent is that it's a bit soapy and generic. I liked it better from the sample I had, once I had a full bottle I realized this was nothing special. It is likable, but not lovable. A big clean burst of citrus in the opening, followed by hyacinth and musk on my skin...and a tiny bit of amber in the drydown. It stays very fresh, friendly, and bright the entire time---it is inoffensive and to me, very Elle Woods, sorority-girl, bubbly pink. I think someone will give it a good home, but I just don't see myself reaching for it.
(crosspost)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This feels very gauzy, ethereal, and feminine. Like something a delicate water nymph would wear. A soft, floral powdery musk that is reminiscent of water lilies; very soft, very pretty, and, unfortunately, quite forgettable. Staying power is minimal, and the powdery floral got on my nerves a little bit. Maybe it was TOO ladylike or Stepford Wife-ish? I imagine this is what the rich PTA yoga soccer moms would wear on their date nights. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just not for me.

Overrated screechy perfume that gives me a headache.

I love, love, LOVE this fragrance! I don't know how much I agree that its smells like Marc Jacob, J'Adore or even Light Blue by D&G. I bought the "Body Mist" that comes in that gorgeous pink container, and I am almost out of it. But because I do agree that it doesn't last very long, I want to get "Eau de Perfume", but I don't think they make it. I called the Chanel counter in my town and the guy there said that they don't have it in Eau de Perfume and he wasn't even sure if Chanel makes in it "Perfume". Does anybody know if they do? Or how about the lasting power of the Eau de Toilette? I'm getting from the reviews that this also does not have lasting power. You can always do the old Vaseline trick - put it on your pulse points and then add the fragrance or layering with the lotion and then the add the fragrance, but I hate perfumed lotion, it's too sticky. K - so love, love, LOVE this stuff. Amariage was my "go to" for over 20 years, but I want something more modern and this had done the trick.

This perfume is a perfected Chanelified Marc Jacob's Daisy. It lacks the traditional Chanel base and instead charts into a more youthful territory; this perfume can be worn by all ages, I'm 40 and wear it. I tired of Daisy, and find it ho hum but wearing Eau Tendre, especially when you first spritz in on is an exhiliarating experience. Fresh, slightly classily sweet, complex; a happy fragrance to perk up your mood. I kept this one and would repurchase, but returned Daisy after I got over its cute packaging with the plastic white flowers.
Chanel appealed to the masses for this one, but it doesn't disappoint in the least.
Well done. And yes, I love the pink juice!

I wore this all summer long last year and smelled lovely but by mid afternoon it faded and by evening i no longer smelled it. Doesn't last very long. Just smells clean and light. Not offensive at all. Very pink fragrance if that makes any sense. This year I'm wearing Marc Jacobs Eau so Fresh Daisy for the warmer weather. Falls under the same catergory as this fragrance. Light and floral. Pretty.

I used this all last summer. It does remind me of Daisy (which I love), but this one develops differently and becomes warmer on my skin. I really love this fragrance, although the lasting power could be longer in my opinion. It just smells wonderfully clean, girly, floral and sweet. I do find I need 2 sprays though (sometimes 3). With my Coco Mademoiselle, one is all it takes, so this perfume is a much lighter scent in my opinion.

I am new to perfume and I just bought this on a whim yesterday. Can someone explain the difference between eau tendre, eau de parfum, eau de toilette, and eau fraiche? I see all of these listed on Sephora but there is no description of the differences between them and they are all called Chance. I am confused...

Popular Fragrances