Equate Apricot Scrub

Apricot Scrub

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

When I saw this product in Walmart at a much cheaper price I purchased it. I have been using the St. Ives product for years and love it. However, a few weeks into using the product I have developed an extremely itch rash on my face neck and arms (I use it in the shower), I looks and feels very similar to the St. Ives. I have eliminated all other possibilities. Too bad.

on 9/5/2016 1:58:00 PM

I attempted to use this as a dupe for St. Ives since it's half the price but this dried my skin out really badly and the smell isn't the best. If you use it without comparing it to St. Ives it gets the job done pretty well. It prevented most of my breakouts but honestly I wouldn't use it again just because it caused my skin to dry so much.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is basically the same thing as St. Ives, except the scent is totally different, and there is a noticeable difference in the texture, as well.

Other than that, they both get the job done, so if you're looking to save a couple backs whenever you can, this is an excellent option.

Only you can know whether this product is too rough for your skin or not, so be careful if you haven't used it yet. It's very harsh and can scratch your skin if you're not careful. I'm just letting you know just in case, because face scratches hurt a lot worse than they look.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this product because it is the dupe of the st Ives apricot scrub. I honestly can't tell the difference between the dupe and the original. Only thing is the scent; to me, the equate has more of a fruity, peachy smell??

Overall, I would repurchase this and the original apricot scrub.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because it was suppose to be a dupe for the St Ives Apricot Scrub and it was. The equate has the same grainy texture and exfoliating power. The only difference is the scent. The Equate one has a different scent it isn't bad but I prefer the St Ives scent to the Equate one. The St Ives scrub was my go scrub and I decided to try the equate version as a cheaper version. I used this once a week for deep exfoliating. Overall I am happy with this product I will continue to buy the St Ives as well as this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I mostly always buy the generic brand for any item... however I think st ives is better.... the equate seems to have much less exfoliation material in it.... maybe its good for people with sensitive skin?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
-inexpensive for the amount of product you get
-basically the same as St. Ive's Blemish & Blackhead Apricot Scrub for a lesser price. Same ingredients, just different amounts of them put into the product
-good amount of SA (2%)

Cons:
-walnut shells too harsh to scrub your face with. May do more damage than good.
-did almost NOTHING to clear my acne

I had moderate results with the St. Ive's version for about a year, and decided to stick with it for some reason. I saw this next to it, looked at the ingredients, and purchased it because it was about the same for a better price. It seemed to work about the same as St. Ive's did, too. However, I can literally use this day and night all the time with almost no noticeable results. I'm still breaking out constantly and it doesn't do much to heal the blemishes once they surface. It's terrific as a knock off, but I'd go somewhere else for better results.

This stuff is just like the original St. Ives version so why not save a little money where you can? Some people may think this product is too abrasive and if that's the case I recommend using it as a body exfoliator, especially if you're going to self tan afterwards. I personally only use this product in the shower. I don't take off any of my makeup before I jump in the shower (except for my eyes because I don't like scrubbing them) and this product removes all of my face makeup easily, plus the exfoliating pieces feel nice if you're into the rougher scrubs.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been using the Equate Blemish Control Apricot Scrub off and on for a couple of years. I often switch cleansers/scrub products because I have adult acne, but I always find myself coming back to this scrub. I tend to mix it with a little water and gently massage it in my skin. (I'm careful not to scrub my skin aggressively, for it may make things worse). I find that I get less breakouts when I use this product. Personally, I love the smell and it leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. I'll continue to purchase this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've used this stuff for around 2 years and it's AMAZING my sister uses it to and we go through one bottle in a little over 2-3 weeks but it's okay because it's $1.47 at Walmart :) I love St.Ives and I use this with my St.Ives Timeless Skin moisturizer