Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist

3.7

Water, Alcohol, Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract, Rosa Gallica (Rose) Flower Extract, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Lactic Acid, Polysorbate-20, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Geraniol*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Eugenol*, Benzyl Benzoate.* *From Natural Essential Oil (Rose - Rosa Centifolia & Rosa Damascena).

Calming and an indulgent pick me up.

I work in an office that won't allow me to open the windows to let fresh air in so I'm at the mercy of the temperamental air conditioning system. Most times it blows warm air that I've noticed my skin become dull and dry at the end of the day. I have a combo to oily skin condition so I do worry about adding extra moisture will make me look like a fried egg. Since I decided to treat myself ($AU45 at Myer Jurlique stand in Bourke st, Melbourne), I noticed that I'm not so haggard looking and my skin is soft.

I spray 2 pumps about an arms length away from my face and then glide into the mist so it covers my face and neck. I let it settle for about 20 seconds and gently pat it in with the back of my hand. I don't know the effect it would have on over make up since I don't wear it often enough.

I'll have agree with the other reviews that the scent doesn't last long but that's ok because I usually spray about 3 times daily (depending on the room conditions).

The scent is gorgeous and was rather surprised that it was rosewater and small amount of marshmallow root! Usually that would remind me of toilet freshener or pot pourri but it's far from it. So out of the 3 choices I tried at the Jurlique stand (lavendar & lemongrass), the rosewater was my favourite.

The bottle is cute and it's got a cap that unfortunately is slowly losing its tightness so I'm worried it will leak and my bag will enjoy it's benefits instead of me. Other than that, if you have some cash to splash, I'd recommend this.

This product does contain alcohol (2nd ingredient listed from the top of the list) which may be drying to some skin types. Since my skin is oily, this product helps reduce the oil slick.

ALL INGREDIENTS - From their website. (Too bad it doesn't have the percentages for each ingredient)

Aqua (Water); Alcohol; Althaea officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract; Rosa gallica (Rose) Flower Extract; PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate; Fragrance (Parfum)*; Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate; Lactic Acid; Polysorbate-20; Citrus grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract; Aloe barbadensis Leaf Extract; Geraniol*; Linalool*; Citronellol*; Eugenol*; Benzyl Benzoate*.

Keep an eye on the cap! I lost it once in my bag and now my purse smells like rosewater and marshmallow root.

I'm on the fence about this product. It's been a staple in my routine for a long time. I just don't notice any difference when I stop using it for a few weeks. I think I'll keep using it until it's gone. The scent is wonderful. My more detailed review video is below.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this. It smelt nice at first - the rose scent was overwhelming in a good way (no doubt boosted by the fragrance added in addition to the rosewater) - but once the scent wore off, it was like having a perfume with only a top note and no base or heart. I think it may have also inflamed my skin (I am not 100% sure because I had also recently tested another toner), claims of "balancing" notwithstanding.
I mean, seriously, what is this supposed to do? The actives don't begin until the third ingredient - and the chemically after-smell makes me think that the concentrations are very low.
I got this toner as part of a travel pack and while I may keep it, just because the bottle is pretty, I'm really disappointed given the brand prestige.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Refresh smell and light, but if you suffer from Rosacea as I do, this is a product to avoid on the face. It is very light and refreshing, leaving no residue. However, after the second day use, my rosacea had flared up. I discontinued spraying my face with it and within 36 hours my rosacea was again under control.
Won't buy it again.

According to Sephora website, this is supposed to be "multibenefit lightweight mist that hydrates and balances the complexion, naturally sets makeup, and refreshes the skin and senses." While there are some nice things about this product, it is quite an expensive and frivolous item.

Pros:
- Very fine mist. One of two spritzes are enough for the entire face.
- It is really invigorating as a makeup refresher spray.
- The smell is really nice, although a bit old-fashioned.

Cons:
- The smell lingers for a really long time. After a while, it starts smelling like Glade room spray that people often use in their bathrooms.
- Doesn't really work as a setting spray.
- I did not notice any special degree of hydration.

Overall, just like many people before me already said, it is a luxury novelty item. It may be nice as a refresher in the summertime. It is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE for what it is - a water mist!

I guess it can be a toner alternative. It contains alcohol, so be careful. It is also suggested as a makeup setting spray, but it doesn't really work well for that and the scent lingers way too long.

Bottom line - too expensive to be a toner. Doesn't really work as a Fix +, UD All Nighter, or any other setting spray. It can be an alternative to Caudalie Beauty Elixir, but I prefer the herbal spray of that one to this rose scent. Caudalie spray is also much more refreshing.

I was thrilled when I received a travel size of this luxury product, but unfortunately, I really disliked it. It smells - like the name suggests - of rosepetals, but other than that, it just felt like spraying a normal thermal water spray over my face, except: this stings in my eyes really badly (of course I close them while spraying but still, the fine mist in the air afterwards is enough to cause a really unpleasant burn, which continues for several minutes, so I had to resort to spraying the product on my hands and then distributing it on my skin. I wonder if this contains alcohol to burn so badly? Anyway, not the right product for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I should probably just get this outta the way first: I didn't purchase this product thinking it was going to do anything at all to really change or deeply nourish my skin. I was just getting bored of Fix + and various unscented spray waters as my refresher spray and wanted to mix it up a little. Since I really do love refresher sprays as "pick me ups" throughout the day and also to dampen the skin so that serums/lotions/creams hold more moisture, this one sounded lovely and I picked it up on a whim from Saphora online without even trying it out bc I had heard great things about the brand. I figured worse case scenario I would just return it.

So yeah, this is a novelty luxury item. It's a surface hydrator but not a toner; meaning it's not really doing much at all, other than smelling good. And it does smell lovely! HOWEVER... there is something in this product that makes my skin itch really badly. It's not the rose at all because I have used plenty of pure rose products and never had this issue. My presumption is the issue lies with alcohol denat - which is the second ingredient listed, yikes. I guess Jurlique is using it as a preservative? I am not sure, but I need to return this stat and get my $35.00 back.

Clearly this was a total dud for me. I am going to return this and order/try the Hydrasoul Rose Petal water from Evan Healy which has excellent reviews, sells for $24 (4 oz.), and is made of 100% organic rose petals. I don't really recomend this product due to the high alcohol content.

This is one of my HG skincare products; I would never imagine loving a facial mist that much but this one by Jurlique definitely stands out!

It does a great job at refreshing and soothing your skin whenever it feels tired or dehydrated. I love using it if I travel, because it is easy and it only takes couple of sprays for your face to feel nice and alive again.

I have dry skin, so this saves me also if I over-powdered my t-zone. I simply spray Jurlique rosewater mist as a finishing touch to my makeup and surprisingly it never ruins anything (my mascara and eyeshadows stay put).

If you wish to hear a proper review on it, you can head to the link below. Hope it helps, whereas I can only speak good words about this mist!

This is my favorite rosewater out of all that I have tried. I enjoyed it but I have since found cheaper brands. Although this just seemed to hydrate my skin the best. If money were not a concern I would have a small stockpile of this on hand.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I recently read one of those books about French women's beauty secrets and one of them was spraying rose water on their faces to rehydrate during the day. It sounded silly, but next time I was in Sephora, I happened to see this spray. My face did feel dry, so I sprayed some on one side of my face. On the other, I sprayed Evian mineral water mist (also mentioned in the French women book). OMG. The Evian felt good for a minute, then really didn't do much. The Jurlique felt great and smelled amazing. It's now 3 hours after I sprayed it and one side of my face still feels softer and fresher than the other!

That said, this is a $38 bottle of water. If I were rich, I'd have one in my purse, one on my desk and one on my nightstand. I'm not rich, so I will keep my eye out for a sale...The price is why I said I wouldn't buy it, no other reason.