3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

I have used pure rosewater sprays from organic growers, and health food stores before and loved the scent of fresh natural roses. I heard Jurlique was natural and low in preservatives and in a glass jar as I prefer so I thought I'd give this mainstream brand a try. Overall its disappointing and expensive compared to the natural versions I've been using. The smell is musty, like dusty pot pourri or cheap toilet spray. Not fresh or sweet or like natural roses at all. Contains alcohol very high on the list. Itches my skin slightly. The mister is not very fine and blasts the face with wet splotches. Does take away the powdery look to my foundation. But I don't think it does much else. I can get way better for much cheaper. Currently I like Milani Make it Dewy Setting Spray or Cover Fx Illuminating Setting Spray for setting foundation. And Natural Rosewater or Caudalie Grape Water for skincare and hydration.

About reviewer (1235 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

a year ago

This is OK. Im not wowed by it. I do like the rose scent and the way it sprays on to skin. I just don't notice much difference in my ski after use. When I use the Mario Sprays I definitely see a difference in how they calm my skin so Ill stick to those.

About reviewer (255 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

Jurlique is a brand that has captured my attention many times, for one reason alone: the ingredients. Very few brands utilize as many botanicals in their products as they do. Having said that though, most products I've used from the range have failed to win me over. Most just seem adequate at what they do and this one is no exception. I didn't notice any hydrating effect and if anything my skin felt slightly itchy after spraying this on - despite only 2 spritzes of it on an evening and without makeup on. This could have possibly been down to the high alcohol content. I do find the fragrance (even though it's derived purely from roses) to be strong although it does dissipate quite quickly which was a relief. I've since donated my bottle to my mum as she has been wanting to try this out for some time too.  My suggestion: Grab yourself a bottle of actual 100% rosewater (plus empty spray bottle) which you can pick up at ethnic food stores, costs just a fraction of this and calms/soothes and tones the skin much more effectively.  Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)  1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

1.0

a year ago

This is sticky, does not dry down. It leaves a slight film so anything over this tends to drag and layer off. The Trilogy face mist is much better, not to mention cost effective and smells the same as this. I do not recommend nor would I repurchase. I experienced the same with the Herbal Recovery Mist, I tried many ways of making it work but its just so sticky. Perhaps go to a Jurlique store and experience for yourself prior to making the investment or try a trial size they have in gift packs.

About reviewer (689 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I love this rosewater it's a staple in my routine and actually contains pure rosewater unlike the Mario Badescu spray. I spray this on after cleansing and thermal water and keep a small bottle in my bag to refresh my skin throughout the day. The rosewater keeps my skin soft and supple and it evens out my skin tone. The glass bottle is pretty and sleek but I get really nervous to bring it out because I'm scared it'll break.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Olive

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2 years ago

Calming and an indulgent pick me up. I work in an office that won't allow me to open the windows to let fresh air in so I'm at the mercy of the temperamental air conditioning system. Most times it blows warm air that I've noticed my skin become dull and dry at the end of the day. I have a combo to oily skin condition so I do worry about adding extra moisture will make me look like a fried egg. Since I decided to treat myself ($AU45 at Myer Jurlique stand in Bourke st, Melbourne), I noticed that I'm not so haggard looking and my skin is soft. I spray 2 pumps about an arms length away from my face and then glide into the mist so it covers my face and neck. I let it settle for about 20 seconds and gently pat it in with the back of my hand. I don't know the effect it would have on over make up since I don't wear it often enough. I'll have agree with the other reviews that the scent doesn't last long but that's ok because I usually spray about 3 times daily (depending on the room conditions). The scent is gorgeous and was rather surprised that it was rosewater and small amount of marshmallow root! Usually that would remind me of toilet freshener or pot pourri but it's far from it. So out of the 3 choices I tried at the Jurlique stand (lavendar & lemongrass), the rosewater was my favourite. The bottle is cute and it's got a cap that unfortunately is slowly losing its tightness so I'm worried it will leak and my bag will enjoy it's benefits instead of me. Other than that, if you have some cash to splash, I'd recommend this. This product does contain alcohol (2nd ingredient listed from the top of the list) which may be drying to some skin types. Since my skin is oily, this product helps reduce the oil slick. ALL INGREDIENTS - From their website. (Too bad it doesn't have the percentages for each ingredient) Aqua (Water); Alcohol; Althaea officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract; Rosa gallica (Rose) Flower Extract; PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate; Fragrance (Parfum)*; Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate; Lactic Acid; Polysorbate-20; Citrus grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract; Aloe barbadensis Leaf Extract; Geraniol*; Linalool*; Citronellol*; Eugenol*; Benzyl Benzoate*. Keep an eye on the cap! I lost it once in my bag and now my purse smells like rosewater and marshmallow root.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBlack

3.0

3 years ago

I'm on the fence about this product. It's been a staple in my routine for a long time. I just don't notice any difference when I stop using it for a few weeks. I think I'll keep using it until it's gone. The scent is wonderful. My more detailed review video is below. <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/cgAmylZWZLQ"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/cgAmylZWZLQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (702 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

3 years ago

I wanted to love this. It smelt nice at first - the rose scent was overwhelming in a good way (no doubt boosted by the fragrance added in addition to the rosewater) - but once the scent wore off, it was like having a perfume with only a top note and no base or heart. I think it may have also inflamed my skin (I am not 100% sure because I had also recently tested another toner), claims of &quot;balancing&quot; notwithstanding. I mean, seriously, what is this supposed to do? The actives don't begin until the third ingredient - and the chemically after-smell makes me think that the concentrations are very low. I got this toner as part of a travel pack and while I may keep it, just because the bottle is pretty, I'm really disappointed given the brand prestige.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

4 years ago

Refresh smell and light, but if you suffer from Rosacea as I do, this is a product to avoid on the face. It is very light and refreshing, leaving no residue. However, after the second day use, my rosacea had flared up. I discontinued spraying my face with it and within 36 hours my rosacea was again under control. Won't buy it again.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Medium

HairBrunette

from

4 years ago

According to Sephora website, this is supposed to be &quot;multibenefit lightweight mist that hydrates and balances the complexion, naturally sets makeup, and refreshes the skin and senses.&quot; While there are some nice things about this product, it is quite an expensive and frivolous item. Pros: - Very fine mist. One of two spritzes are enough for the entire face. - It is really invigorating as a makeup refresher spray. - The smell is really nice, although a bit old-fashioned. Cons: - The smell lingers for a really long time. After a while, it starts smelling like Glade room spray that people often use in their bathrooms. - Doesn't really work as a setting spray. - I did not notice any special degree of hydration. Overall, just like many people before me already said, it is a luxury novelty item. It may be nice as a refresher in the summertime. It is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE for what it is - a water mist! I guess it can be a toner alternative. It contains alcohol, so be careful. It is also suggested as a makeup setting spray, but it doesn't really work well for that and the scent lingers way too long. Bottom line - too expensive to be a toner. Doesn't really work as a Fix +, UD All Nighter, or any other setting spray. It can be an alternative to Caudalie Beauty Elixir, but I prefer the herbal spray of that one to this rose scent. Caudalie spray is also much more refreshing.

About reviewer (139 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral