4.4

Shop Now

Reviews

2.0

a year ago

I used this years ago and found that it helped calm down any red/irritated skin I had. However, recently I noticed that they reformulated it. It used to have aloe gel as the first ingredient. However, now water is the first ingredient.. aloe is farther down the list. I suspect that is why it no longer works as well as it used to. Won't repurchase.

About reviewer (444 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

Love this. Besides being the only TBS body butter I can use because I can't stand any of their scented ones, it does a beautiful job of moisturizing my dry, dehydrated skin. I even use it on my face and hair sometimes! I do wish it came in a squeeze tube rather than a jar for more hygienic application...

About reviewer (278 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

Pros: - Moisturizing - Fragrance free Cons: - Jar packaging - Expensive. The cost of TBS products went up in my country.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2.0

4 years ago

Unfortunately, they changed the formula. The old formula was based on Aloe Vera Gel and now it's water based. Old: Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Lanolin Alcohol, Bertholletia Excelsa (Brazil) Nut Oil, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Water. New: Aqua/Water/Eau, Butyrospermum Parkii/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter/Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Lanolin Alcohol, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Citric Acid

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

5 years ago

Love it Water (Solvent/Diluent), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (Emollient), Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil (Emollient), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin Conditioning Agent), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

About reviewer (163 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

5 years ago

Love this super hydrating body butter with no scent . It's a very neutral smell that won't compete with perfumes. It's made for sensitive skin as well.

About reviewer (1214 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

This is an HG product for me. Of all the Body Shop products I do buy, this is one I always keep repurchasing. I try all the other scented body butters but they're just way too scented and sometimes even hard to apply. This one is a lighter texture so it applies so well and is quickly absorbed. I love that it is unscented so my whole family can use it. I even used it on my son's skin when he was a baby with no issues for his sensitive skin. I sometimes find some lotions or body butters don't moisturize, but not this one. It moisturizes like a dream and penetrates the skin so well. My skin doesn't feel tight at all when I use it during our harsh dry winters. Great product!! HG!!

About reviewer (135 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

6 years ago

I picked this up unplanned due to a 2/1 sale at Ulta. I almost returned it because I was not crazy about the scent. Then, incidentally, I got a sunburn. This feels AMAZING on sunburned skin; better than any other aloe product I've used! These body butter products are pricey and $20 is hard for me to cough up for lotion (although the Vineyard Peach scented body butter is my jam and a staple on my dressing table. It smells so good I am tempted to take a bite out of it). The Aloe body butter will be great for summer or any occasion where you might get a lot of sun, or up at high altitudes when skin can get uncomfortably dry. Can't say I would've purchased it if there was a tester available, or without that 2 for 1 sale.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

6 years ago

This is truly amazing! No scent and sinks in very fast and an absolut stable in my routine.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrunette

6 years ago

I find this to be the lightest of the body butters I have tried, it absorbs faster and is not quite as thick and heavy feeling and not as moisturizing. It has a very light scent, almost not even noticeable. Good for the summer or when you don't want a strong scent (I find a lot of the other butters too strong sometimes). Would repurchase.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure