3.7

price range

Reviews

2.0

2 years ago

Orange Sanguine, which belongs to the collection Absolue Cologne, is a refreshing and energetic fragrance of fresh fruits laid on a sensual, oriental base. It contains notes of red orange, bitter orange, jasmine, geranium from South Africa, amber, tonka bean and sandalwood. This smells very fresh, sweet and like a real orange but that soon fades to a faint floral. MEH...not for me. If you like this, you should try: ~Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange~Tocca Stella~

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

I used up the small travel size from the Azur gift set, and I was pleased that the new Wardrobe travel set I bought has it too! I really like this one--true orange. Cheerful, sweet and pretty on me. Great summer fragrance that works well on my skin. It's not that complex, but there's a little more depth to it on dry down, something to do with the tonka bean, I suspect.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesHazel

3.0

2 years ago

Nice citrus scent for spring/summer. Not a particularly unique or sexy scent.

About reviewer (315 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

from

2 years ago

Like most others, I got a sample of this in a Sephora order. I tried it regularly and before it was empty, found myself ordering the travel-size. First, I'm a sucker for anything "Blood Orange"even though my brain knows orange is...orange. This, to me, has a good hit of orange peel at the opening, and the dry-down is...comforting? It has a mild vanilla-wood note, reminding me just a little of "Angel" back in the day. This is a foodie scent and it feels like a good "between seasons" scent--the fresh warm weather orange/orange peel note, then the comforting deeper tonka notes on the dry-down. This is no "Lauren" or "Botrytis" or Hermes "Jardin sur le Nil"...my usuals for going out around others. It's lovely, though, for wearing for my own nose when I'm not needing or expecting anyone else to enjoy how I smell :-) Overall, it's full of energy at first, then slowly winds down, which fits me perfectly some days.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

1.0

3 years ago

This really doesn't work with my skin. On me it smells strong, sharp and bitter. I find it interesting that some people describe this as sweet, it becomes very bitter on my skin and doesn't smell very natural. I think it smells like the bitterness of a citrus rind with none of the appeal of the fruit part and there is another smell in there that I can't figure out other than that it smells masculine and like soap and irritates my nose.

About reviewer (306 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

2.0

3 years ago

I got a small free sample of this. I usually like citrus scents, so I was disappointed when I first put it on, and it smelled like the Avon bubble bath in the big pink bottle from my childhood... very sweet and slightly powdery. But after a couple of minutes, I could smell a pretty orange peel scent mixed with the sweetness. That lasted for about 20 minutes, and then it turned into Avon bubble bath again.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

This is just orange. It's more complex than that--orange peel, orange, with blood orange, maybe some other citrus notes with something a tiny bit floral underneath. It's citrus that's a little sweet, but not much, just enough to give it some depth and make it a fragrance rather than a fruit oil. This is perfect pleasant, not at all overwhelming or perfumey. It's feels light and happy rather than sexy or seductive or mysterious, but it's also a little more grown up than you'd expect (maybe the jasmine?).

About reviewer (89 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I received a sample of this product in my Sephora Play box. I love this scent! I think it is a perfect scent for summer. It's citrus notes emit a clean and refreshing scent. In the past, i have not worn a lot of perfume. However, as I get older I have really come to appreciate fragrances. When I first sprayed this perfume I wasn't a huge fan. But like all beauty products, I gave it another shot before I tossed it in the trash. After I wore this product one or two times I was a total convert. I get a lot of perfume samples though my beauty box addiction and this is the only one I have considered purchasing a full size of. Obviously, fragrances are like fashion- it's all a matter of personal taste. But I definitely want to add this scent to my collection.

About reviewer (70 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3.0

4 years ago

I received this as a freebie for 100 points at Sephora. Very fresh and clean - perfect for spring and summer. I would definitely wear this in an office, or to an event where I wanted a distinct perfume but not a sexy one. It of course does not last long. It has d-limonene as an ingredient, and I use it around my home when I make DIY cleaners and room spray. It's a scent I love more around the home than on my person but I'll pull it out and wear it a few times a month. Many of my favorites are disliked (Tom Ford, for example) by a lot of people and this is inoffensive.

About reviewer (174 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

from

4 years ago

I am actually reviewing the fragrance Mandarin Glaciale for Atelier colognes. It was not listed on Makeup Alley. However this is a great fragrance and so different from other fragrances out there. I originally bought the small spray size and used the whole thing so i sized up. It is expensive paid 85$ for the next size up but I know I will use it. If you want to try it out buy the rollerball size for 25$ It's a winner!!!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone