Pai Organic Geranium and Thistle Combination Skin Cream

3.4

This is a good moisturizer for combination skin: it does not break me out, it is not greasy and doesn't make me oily. It has a strange texture for a moisturizer for combination/oily skin, in my opinion it is quite thick, making it better for the cold months or weathers. It does not sink very quickly, but when it does, leaves the skin really soft. The worst is the smell, it is awful.
I don't think this is the best moisturizer for my skin, I would not repurchase.

I really like mixing this product with concealer and using it as my foundation during the winter so my skin doesn't have too many products on it. I really like the consistency and it sinks in nicely. I don't think this is a summer moisturiser, particularly for oily skin. However during the winter I feel this protects my skin from the cold nicely!

To Read all 17 Reviews, Login or Join

A beautician recommended this to me to help control my oily skin during the day (for night, she recommended Suki balancing oil). It really helped reduce oil production, helps keep my make up matte tho not for the whole day, but what makes me love this product is that it helped cleared (almost) my Rosacea!! When I was diagnosed with Rosacea, I had resigned myself to a lifetime of red cheeks and nose, but with this moisturizer, I actually look almost normal!! Don't think complete removal of Rosacea is possible tho, so I'd say about 80% reduction in redness in my cheeks and about 60% on my nose is what I have now after 3 weeks of using this product. So, if you have Rosacea, you can seriously consider this!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I think PAI Skincare's products are just overhyped in general! The Rosehip oil is amazing, but everything is really overpriced and hear this - BROKE ME OUT! And I know I'm not the online one. People with sensitive skin HAVE been breaking out because of PAI, probably because it delivers the active ingredients too fast and too deep into your skin. It really didnt work for me, and the smell is so weird.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Initial thoughts on this product, bought it on a whim due to its organic nature. It's a product meant for combination or oily skin because It's for OIL CONTROL ladies! I live in a very humid climate so this is perfect and keeps me hydrated as it sinks in Relatively fast
but for those who have dry skin (do not confuse dehydrated with dry), you may try the one with jojoba! I will do an update again after one month :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Gruelling search for years for the perfect moisturizer for my skin is over! I have combination and sensitive skin. Gentle yet effective, i love pai!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Seriously disappointed. I loved the rosehip oil so thought I'd try their moisturiser too. This product is supposed to be for sensitive skin but I find it watery and drying, bringing out my skin in these tiny raised spots.
So, I looked up the ingredients and sodium anisate and sodium levulinate are actually preservatives.
Not just 'corn' and 'basil' extracts but concentrated preservatives.
It's one thing to use extracts of plants like floral waters but concentrated extracts are no better than sodium benzoate and phenoxyethanol which are known to cause allergic reactions. In fact, these ingredients are sodium salts too, so what's the difference?
I can only imagine that it is these preservatives that have upset my skin.
I get annoyed when brands portray themselves as whiter than white with 'clear labeling' etc, when in fact they are being as dishonest as anyone else by not informing the customer as to what these ingredients really are.
THEY ARE PRESERVATIVES FOLKS!!
I would have given this product a 3 but due to the less than honest labeling, I'm giving it a 1.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Really surprised to read some not so great reviews of this moisturiser as it's really the only one I've found that's not only been gentle on my skin but has also helped clear up by blemishes (used to get them around the nose and cheeks).

I try to choose natural and organic wherever possible as past experiences with harsh products for spot-prone skin just haven't ended well - my skin's always ended up dry, red and flakey.

This cream has totally rebalanced it - it absorbs really well so my skin feels soft, but not greasy and I've definitely noticed it's much calmer and clearer.

It is a little on the pricey side but for me the great ingredients and having my confidence in my skin again means it's worth every penny!

I LOVE this moisturiser! I have used countless brands and nothing effectively balances my classic combination skin. It is a light but nourishing moisturiser, it actually manages to keep my dry bits (round the sides of my face) moisturised and my oily T-zone almost shine free.

I've been using this product for about 8 months and have gone from having blemish prone skin to having clear skin. This is obviously coupled with good diet and most notably cutting out all harsh chemicals from my skincare regime.

This moisturiser is pricey, but I think it is worth every penny. It has great quality ingredients and no nasty fillers and chemicals like in other 'natural' brands. I love that Pai list all of their ingredients clearly and in english, it makes such a difference.

100% recommend this product, it's great.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have combination skin: oily forehead and chin/ dry patches on my cheeks and am prone to break-outs. It seems nigh on impossible to find good quality organic products for combination skin so I was really crossing my fingers for this product! This cream is more like a lotion in that it feels quite light and absorbs quickly into the skin. It did not break me out so that's a big thumbs-up and the smell and pump packaging are added bonuses. Unfortunately, as it has no SPF content, I prefer to use it as a night cream. I have also noticed that as the weather is getting colder it is not providing adequate moisturise for the dry patches on my cheeks so I am experimenting now with something a bit heavier. In short, this suits me as a warm weather overnight moisturiser. I would not be put off by the review below regarding severe scaly skin breakouts- this moisturiser is clearly billed for use on combination/oilier skin types. To use it on very dry eczemateous skin seems to me to be asking for trouble... Combination skin types: give it a go!