EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46

3.7

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 9%, Octinoxate 7.5% Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water, Cyclomethicone, Niacinamide, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polyisobutene, PEG-7 Trimethylolpropane Coconut Ether, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lactic Acid, Pleth-3 Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Lodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane

I love how the pump gives you the right amount of SPF for your face, but I hate how it applies. It peels when you rub it, which worries me because I feel like that means there isn't any SPF protection where it peels anymore. You have to be careful when applying make up, so bouncing with a damp sponge is best for this sunscreen. Who would want a fussy sunscreen that makes you change up your make up routine though? You also have to make sure you've blended in the sunscreen correctly, otherwise it would look white and streaky on your face. You can't fix it, unless you want the whole peeling thing to happen again. I would not buy this again for the fact that it peels. I don't know why this is the #1 sunscreen.

Use it every day. I used to break out with any sunscreen, and this is the first one I can use daily, with no problems. All the best docs recommend it, so I have to assume that science backs up its efficacy. Teensy bit tacky, at first, but quickly dries to a lovely finish. Never pills. I have it on auto re-order. Great stuff.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I absolutely love this product! I have very oily, southeast Indian tan skin and this is the best thing I have ever come across. Melts in with no sticky feel and I have the tinted version which is great for my skin tone. I have used other tinted sunscreens and they still left a slightly grey cast on me but not this one. Wonderful for oily skin! Perfect find and I highly recommend it!

I really wanted to like this. Did tons of research before buying. I have acne and dehydrated skin. Every time I used this I broke out in painful lumps in places where I normally don’t. Another con is that this sunscreen pills badly when layering with other products. You have to wait a long time in between applying products to reduce the pilling. However it felt lightweight and non greasy and wonderful on. A nasty smell lingered on me when I wore this. Too bad.

I've previously used the Neutrogena and the La Roche Posay sunscreen. I work indoors all day and I started using sunscreen with quite late - late 20s. I did not have a good experience with both of those and I skipped sunscreen altogether for a few years after that as I never spend a lot of time outside. I disliked white cast in LRP and occlusive/greasy feeling in Neutrogena. In 2017, I started seeing 1-2 new moles on my face and I was alarmed that they had popped up so suddenly and I thought I'll add a sunscreen to my skin routine hoping to avoid anymore. So, after reading some reviews, I purchased this one. My only concern was that it should be fuss-free wear without any white cast. This sunscreen surely is that. On my skin (MAC NC41 in studio fix powder foundation), it gives an initial impression of leaving a cast but disappears after a while and after blending well into the skin. I also felt after a month of regular wear my skin was less tan even though my daily routine and exposure remained same. I also read it had niacinamide and that it helps fade spots. I'll report on that after use for 6 months to a year. As of now, for anyone wanting to try it, my thoughts are that this one is very easy fuss-free to wear, leaves no cast on my skin tone and absorbs well into the skin. It is not greasy at all, looks bright, but makes t-zone a little shiny. It so much better than the other two I've tried in terms of just wear on the skin. I also wore it with minimal face base - mac studio fix powder foundation and it wears well over the sunscreen.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

It applies very light and smooth with no white cast. The finish has some shine which looks flattering under makeup if your skin is normal to dry. The pump dispenser is really nice. If I could continue to use it, I would.

This is frequently recommended to people with sensitive skin, many who are under the impression it's an all-physical/mineral sunscreen. It's not. It has 7.5% Octinoxate. If that ingredient gives you problems steer clear. It took three days of consecutive use before my skin started to feel sensitized and burned, stronger around my eyes and cheeks, before I double-checked the label. Usually chemical sunscreen ingredients burn my skin as soon as they're applied. I highly recommend it if your skin tolerates Octinoxate though.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This sunscreen seems fine, but it's not nearly moisturizing enough. This pills when you put foundation over top, and I found my eye area felt a little dry after a couple of hours. I used John Masters Organic spf 30 for years, and it was beautifully emollient (it took the place of my daily moisturizer it was so emollient) but not strong enough...I'd tan right through it. I'll be trying Skinmedica next.

I bought this sunscreen on a friend's recommendation and I like it a lot. It has a light consistency that reminds me of Olay Complete, but with a higher SPF. Doesn't irritate my skin and absorbs quickly. It wears well under whatever TM/foundation I'm wearing and also layers well over other moisturizers and serums. Like Olay Complete, it doesn't have an overwhelming sunscreen scent or leave a white cast.

Sam Bunting got my friend into this & me. its such a wonderful day moist & SPF in one. non sticky i am combi dry in hot humid weather. even though on Retin a sometimes at night, this is hydrating enough. i do use some CreavePM lotion under this every morning after Timeless Vit C.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I want to love this product so badly but unfortunately it's just doesn't quite hit the mark for me. I have dry, acne-prone skin with mild rosacea and my dermatologist recommended this to me.

Pros:
+ Doesn't break me out or irritate my skin
+ Isn't drying, very slightly moisturizing - pretty rare for me as sunscreens go
+ Nice creamy texture with a dewy/radiant finish but isn't greasy - nice for my dry skin, but probably not for oily folks
+ Reasonable price, not cheap but not obscenely expensive either
+ Airless pump packaging

Cons:
- Dealbreaker: This does NOT play well with any other products I've tried (and I've tried a lot) or even honestly wearing it all on its own. It pills and balls up and crumbles into patches of little white bits all over my face every time no matter what. With acne and redness, this is no use to me if I can't wear it with foundation or even moisturizer because this is not nearly enough to quench my dry skin throughout the day by itself. This is sadly the main reason I won't be getting this again.
- Due to the opaque bottle and airless pump, it's pretty hard to tell when you're running out of this and need to restock before you're left in a lurch with no daily sunscreen