Nude by Nature Natural Mineral Cover

Nude by Nature Natural Mineral Cover

3.6

Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Kaolin (Australian Organic Clay), /- Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue.

So I thought I would do a first impression review.
I bought this cheaper than rrp so I was excited to try! I came on here to read reviews after purchasing online, which left me a little nervous about the colour, as a lot have mentioned an orange tone. I am fair skinned and bought the light skin tone shade, which had me worried if maybe I should have got the fair skin shade instead. On arrival of the foundation today I opened the box and was really happy with the size and the packaging for this powder foundation, I like that you can close off the holes that the powder comes from. Less mess! The shade looked promising in person and as I applied to my face I was so pleasantly surprised, perfect match to my skin! No nasty orange tone! It is so light and satin, and just left my skin looking almost air brushed but in a natural lightwe coverage way. It is very light coverage to start with but as you reapply you can build it up to medium coverage, and it made my pores and imperfections much more blended and natural in appearance. I did half my face so I could see the difference, and I loved the results considering I had used this product alone on my skin with no other liquid foundation underneath. Tomorrow I will try it on top of liquid foundation and hopefully get an even better result. Basically if you are looking for a soft, more natural look I totally recommend. If you are looking for a perfectly full coverage look I wouldn't suggest you only use this to achieve that, as you won't. But I feel that with the use of liquid foundation underneath, it may be possible. Hope this helps!

on 6/3/2016 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I do like this mineral powder. It is easily applied & covers great. I do have quite an oily t zone, so I apply my Rimmel primer & around the 7 hour mark oil does seem to seep through the powdered foundation. My only downside to this foundation is throughout my working day the foundation starts to go a few shades darker & can be on the orange side come 5pm.. As its winter here in Australia maybe I need to by a lighter shade...

on 4/28/2016 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been using Nude by Nature's Natural Mineral Cover for a long time now.
It is my absolute favourite mineral foundation. Trust me, I have tried plenty.

I have oily skin (especially oily in my t-zone) and mild acne.
This mineral cover does not clog my pores or break me out (and on works days I'll wear it for 10+ hours). If I have a particularly large red pimple, I might use concealer before applying this mineral cover over the top. Otherwise I find it is great at reducing redness, and evening skin tone. I can easily build it up to a medium coverage without it looking flat or powdery.

There have been very rare occasions where I have had dry patches on my skin. This products does stick to dry patches and makes them look more obvious. If you have dry skin, this product might not be for you. But if you're like me, and you have oily skin (or you moisturise well) this mineral cover will be great.

The colours in this range can be tricky. I find I am a light shade in winter and a light/medium in summer. Sometimes I mix shades between seasons to get the perfect match for my skin tone. If they introduced a new shade somewhere between these two shades, it would be perfect! It does oxidise into a slightly darker shade throughout the day (nothing too noticeable).

With any foundation I've tried, I usually can't make it past lunch time before the oil in my t-zone starts breaking apart my makeup on my nose. This natural mineral cover controls my oil a bit better than others that I've tried. But with this cover, it is so easy to quickly re-powder my nose once my oily t-zone starts to kick in and threaten to break apart my makeup. I carry the pressed version of their mineral powder for this reason. I also use their Mineral Finishing Veil and apply this around lunch time to control shine! It works like a charm and keeps me matte/satin finish for the remainder of the day.

The price is a bit on the expensive side, but I find it's worth the price and a container lasts me a long time. As I have several Nude By Nature products, it can be a bit tricky to identify which is which. I have to pick them up and read the label on the bottom of the containers to make sure I have the right product. They all look very similar.

on 1/29/2016 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I'll admit, I have never used any other foundations (from different brands). I love this stuff though and can't see myself changing products. It can go from very light weight to heavy coverage. After a while, it kind of faces to your skin colour so it looks very natural. I recommend to all.

I have been using this foundation for years after much trail and error with other foundations of all types. I continually come back to this foundation as my HG. It is lightweight, can get up to medium coverage, covers my redness, helps control my oil and does not break me out.

It is a bit on the pricey side, but a container lasts me on average 4-5 months, so it works out to be good value for money. I get a bit of acne and some pigmentation from the acne, so if find I do need a little concealer for those areas before putting on the foundation.

Its only flaws is that even fair (pink undertones) and light (yellow undertones) are slightly too dark on my pale skin. Also, even with good skin preparation (cleansing, toning, serum, moisturizer and primer) it still settles into my fine lines under my eyes and around my mouth. So I just get my concealer brush and gently wipe those areas to get the extra build up out after a few hours when it is noticeable.

on 11/4/2015 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I initially really liked this product but am a bit less sure about it now. I have dry skin and it tends to cake a little bit, even with the lightest shade it can sometimes give me darker patches, other times it can look amazing but there doesnt seem to be any reason why it sometimes looks good and sometimes bad. it balances out my freckles well but isnt great coverage on pronounced spots or redness or anything like that

I really like that its a natural product, my skin can be sensitive and it seems to be okay/good.

Bought once for NZ$45, probably wouldnt buy it again for that price since it can be pretty average.

Such a great product, I have used it for years and wouldn't use any other foundation on my skin. My HG!! So gentle and doesn't cause breakouts. Love, love, love it!!

I have been using this on and off for years, some days I love it others not so much, (mostly I love it) I'm not sure if its because my skin changes season to season, but I've found (when fake tanning, which is most of the time) the medium is the best match and best coverage. When I am tan free, the lightest color is a match but it doesn't seem to cover as well and the light/medium blend is too pink for me. Occasionally I will go off and try other brands but I always come back to this one.

I do get oily skin but I find this almost unavoidable with any product and I will always oil blot and re touch half way through the day or later if I'm heading out, but I find it doesn't cake. I couldn't blot and retouch with a liquid make up so that is a plus. Mineral make ups are the only ones that do not break me out.

Its simple to use and build-able without getting caked up. Sometimes I worry about it settling in the fine lines around your eyes but better moisturizing has helped this.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

due to the price of this I probably wouldn't re-purchase it for the mere fact that I didn't 'love' it I 'liked' it... This doesn't blend the best and I cant help but feel that it looks blotchy and really masky. It cakes up in the nose/under-eye area really badly for me. Others say that it doesn't for them but this is just something that happens with me. I always moisturise before I put on my makeup and the moisturiser just makes powders on my face looks blotchy and HORRIBLE! I still really like this product despite all these things that happen because it looks incredibly natural and leaves a nice sheen on your face. Once you get the blending of this product down pact to a way that works for you, you will probably like this for a simple everyday powder.

on 6/20/2015 9:43:00 PM

Natural looking coverage, it does get oily on me after a few hours tho.