Ardell Demi Wispies - Black

Ardell Demi Wispies - Black

4.7

on 11/28/2016 3:38:00 PM

As I've gotten older (47) I've noticed my hair, eyebrows and now eyelashes have gotten thinner and mascaras just don't seem to give me the extra length and volume they used to.. So I decided to give false eyelashes a try, to my satisfaction and surprise I'm very pleased with the results so far 😊 I've only tried the Ardell Demi wispies and also the Ardell accent 318 wispies, I use kiss I envy glue to apply them and this is now a regular practice in my beauty routine, the wispies give a very natural look just like my real lashes but a step up on the length, volume and color.. I always blend them in with mascara (MaryKay Lash Intensity) or Too Faced Better Than False) and it comes out perfect every time also use Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 eyeshadow palette, this look turns back the clock as that's what I'm after these days! I really love these lashes and would recommend to anyone over 40 give them a try if you're having problems with mascaras not doing their job! They are also easy to apply and reasonably priced, I buy mine from eBay and that seems a bit cheaper and you can get multi packs 👍🏻😃

My all time favourite lashes. Affordable pricing and good quality . It fits my lashline perfectly and i do not have to shorten it. same goes to the other ardell lashes! COMFORTABLE TO USE TOO. xoxo

To Read all 57 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/13/2016 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was never into false lashes because my own we're always long and thick ...until I hit 40. No one tells you that your lashes will thin right out :(
I started buying other brands , just searching for lashes of any kind ! Something to help mask my sparse lashes.
I hit gold when I found these. They are perfect. Great look without being ' over the top' and super comfortable. Trust me, not all lashes are.
Plus they are easy to get on. Really flexible.
You can't go wrong with these.

on 8/29/2016 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I have these in the Studio Effects version, which is where a few individual lashes were added to the Demi Wispies on the end to give a slightly more dramatic look.

However, there isn't a spot for it and I'm not sure it matters too much because they still are demi wispies so I can put my thoughts here. But if you're at the store and unsure which to choose, I say go for the Studio Effects. It's slight, but really pretty. Some of the images online make it look super full on the tail ends, and I find it's not THAT dramatic, but it's still something that kinda bumps them up from regular.

These are probably my favorite lashes. I don't wear lashes too often, but I've tried a few that I thought would look good and it's never quite what I want once they're on. I was always hearing good things about "wispies" so I got them when I saw the SE. I also bought the double up regular wispies but haven't tried those yet. These look the most natural and when I say that, like everyone else, they aren't "natural" but they aren't bulked up and "fake lashes" looking either. They have a clear band instead of a thick black base and flex well. Mine still pop off my inner corner because I suck at appling them but they are far more comfortable with the thin band than the 'dramatic' and stiff type of lashes (which, now, I can't imagine using again, uuugghh). Pretty boring review but def another vote yes from me. And try the SE ;)

on 8/3/2016 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Cheap, light weight and easy to trim and appy. Great for the lash-newb or for someone who likes a classic look (not heavy looking - so if you want high drama these are not for you.) I hesitate to use the words "natural looking" as they are definitely fare longer than most people's natural length.

A great set of starter lashes.

Skin: Very Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I first discovered these lashes on somebody's eye. A makeup artist at Ulta had the prettiest eyelashes I had ever seen--glam, sweet and feminine but natural to the naked eye. I asked her "Are those your natural eyelashes?", thinking that it could possibly be. She replied "no", blushing and responding, "It's Ardell demi wispies." "Lovely!" I exclaimed. I could now buy her eye effect.

I knew nothing then about the hype around these lashes.

All I did know was that most eyelashes were far too dramatic for me for any occasion. But these were everyday--glam without trying.

As I searched for it then and there, I found that they were sold out. And every drugstore afterwards, I would find the same thing.

I thought well then, there has to be a dupe. Thus began my search for the perfect eyelashes. I tried so many Ardell lashes. Nothing quite fit my liking. I even ran into plenty of "demi-wispies" styles in the Ardell line that I would later discover were not the right ones. What a bummer. For such an iconic style, Ardell really had me on a wild goose chase with demi-wispies Glamour, demi wispies 120, demi wispies 102, etc.

I would try human hair brands, premium human hair lashes and mink lashes, and I even grew to love them (mink ones especially). I held on tightly to Kara DW (demi-wispies) as my favorite lashes, which are much like Red Cherry DW. And I thought I had my eyelash collection squared away until I saw the Ardell *Natural* Demi-Wispies (with no number on it) on a BOGO sale online on Ulta.com. It was the only style of demi-wispies I had not tried from Ardell...and also one I had never seen anywhere (the unicorn). I took a chance.

And when I put them on, I knew I had found The One. And it was worth the hassle. It was better than all of my human hair and mink lashes because they were the most natural and yet show-stopping lashes I had ever tried. Only a seasoned connoisseur would now they were falsies.

They made me realize that my Kara DW's had been a little "too wispy" to be natural (although they more than sufficed). It looked like the Natural demi-wispies by Ardell were growing out of my eye. And while the mink lashes were epic, the bands were thick and they were made for the stage, photography and grand events. Natural demi-wispies are tapered gradually in the most natural way. The search is over.

on 6/19/2016 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the first product where I thought - OMG I need to write a review for this.

I wore them for 23 hours straight at a wedding that started early and ended reaaaaally late. Usually I always get annoyed with falsies and can't wait to take them off. But I pretty much forgot I had them on after like 30 minutes. That has never happened to me.
They look just dramatic enough to really make your eyes pop but natural enough to fool most people into thinking you got really great lashes.
Due to the thin band I also wasn't afraid they were gonna fall off.

I'd say they are great for beginners or people who don't wear falsies a lot and don't like the heavy feeling of other lashes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Pretty much as good as you could expect from false lashes. Extends out, looks real, makes your lashes look super full. Less than 10 dollars (pretty affordable if you ask me) and works well. Application is very easy as well.

on 5/21/2016 3:45:00 PM

As a first time lash wearer, the Demi Wispies are gorgeous! Easy to put on and look beautiful. Accentuates the eyes but not super over the top either. Great price point and I've worn the same pair for five times now and they're still holding up. They're really comfy and I don't feel them on me. Looking forward to experimenting with more lashes. Addicted now lol :)

This is a great value false lashes that you can get. Here, it cost $9 for one set and that is way over priced compared to other countries and I have this part a very low rating.

What got me interested in trying out false lashes was from a friend who wear them all the time and she always look great. Personally, I find them to add a little extra, not look overdone, feel polished with added glamour.

Demi Wispies is a perfect design for my hooded eyes. The lashes are not too dense and flex well. Sometimes the glue that attach the lashes to the packaging is too strong and difficult to remove without ruining the lashes, but other times, you see the lashes detached from the packaging, but what do you expect from a lower end brand? Again, I am not happy for one set of lashes they are $9 and I know that they are a lot cheaper in United States.

A little trick that I have learned was to curl your lashes around your pinky finger (if your fingers are small enough) so that the lashes have more of a curl to fit your lid, then put on the glue.

I don't reuse Ardell lashes because I find that they don't look as good for second use and my liner has to be a bit thicker then my small eyelid can handle.

I've been repurchasing this over and over again and use them almost daily.