Ardell Demi Wispies - Black

Ardell Demi Wispies - Black

4.7

Skin: Very Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I first discovered these lashes on somebody's eye. A makeup artist at Ulta had the prettiest eyelashes I had ever seen--glam, sweet and feminine but natural to the naked eye. I asked her "Are those your natural eyelashes?", thinking that it could possibly be. She replied "no", blushing and responding, "It's Ardell demi wispies." "Lovely!" I exclaimed. I could now buy her eye effect.

I knew nothing then about the hype around these lashes.

All I did know was that most eyelashes were far too dramatic for me for any occasion. But these were everyday--glam without trying.

As I searched for it then and there, I found that they were sold out. And every drugstore afterwards, I would find the same thing.

I thought well then, there has to be a dupe. Thus began my search for the perfect eyelashes. I tried so many Ardell lashes. Nothing quite fit my liking. I even ran into plenty of "demi-wispies" styles in the Ardell line that I would later discover were not the right ones. What a bummer. For such an iconic style, Ardell really had me on a wild goose chase with demi-wispies Glamour, demi wispies 120, demi wispies 102, etc.

I would try human hair brands, premium human hair lashes and mink lashes, and I even grew to love them (mink ones especially). I held on tightly to Kara DW (demi-wispies) as my favorite lashes, which are much like Red Cherry DW. And I thought I had my eyelash collection squared away until I saw the Ardell *Natural* Demi-Wispies (with no number on it) on a BOGO sale online on Ulta.com. It was the only style of demi-wispies I had not tried from Ardell...and also one I had never seen anywhere (the unicorn). I took a chance.

And when I put them on, I knew I had found The One. And it was worth the hassle. It was better than all of my human hair and mink lashes because they were the most natural and yet show-stopping lashes I had ever tried. Only a seasoned connoisseur would now they were falsies.

They made me realize that my Kara DW's had been a little "too wispy" to be natural (although they more than sufficed). It looked like the Natural demi-wispies by Ardell were growing out of my eye. And while the mink lashes were epic, the bands were thick and they were made for the stage, photography and grand events. Natural demi-wispies are tapered gradually in the most natural way. The search is over.

on 6/19/2016 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the first product where I thought - OMG I need to write a review for this.

I wore them for 23 hours straight at a wedding that started early and ended reaaaaally late. Usually I always get annoyed with falsies and can't wait to take them off. But I pretty much forgot I had them on after like 30 minutes. That has never happened to me.
They look just dramatic enough to really make your eyes pop but natural enough to fool most people into thinking you got really great lashes.
Due to the thin band I also wasn't afraid they were gonna fall off.

I'd say they are great for beginners or people who don't wear falsies a lot and don't like the heavy feeling of other lashes.

To Read all 52 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Pretty much as good as you could expect from false lashes. Extends out, looks real, makes your lashes look super full. Less than 10 dollars (pretty affordable if you ask me) and works well. Application is very easy as well.

on 5/21/2016 3:45:00 PM

As a first time lash wearer, the Demi Wispies are gorgeous! Easy to put on and look beautiful. Accentuates the eyes but not super over the top either. Great price point and I've worn the same pair for five times now and they're still holding up. They're really comfy and I don't feel them on me. Looking forward to experimenting with more lashes. Addicted now lol :)

This is a great value false lashes that you can get. Here, it cost $9 for one set and that is way over priced compared to other countries and I have this part a very low rating.

What got me interested in trying out false lashes was from a friend who wear them all the time and she always look great. Personally, I find them to add a little extra, not look overdone, feel polished with added glamour.

Demi Wispies is a perfect design for my hooded eyes. The lashes are not too dense and flex well. Sometimes the glue that attach the lashes to the packaging is too strong and difficult to remove without ruining the lashes, but other times, you see the lashes detached from the packaging, but what do you expect from a lower end brand? Again, I am not happy for one set of lashes they are $9 and I know that they are a lot cheaper in United States.

A little trick that I have learned was to curl your lashes around your pinky finger (if your fingers are small enough) so that the lashes have more of a curl to fit your lid, then put on the glue.

I don't reuse Ardell lashes because I find that they don't look as good for second use and my liner has to be a bit thicker then my small eyelid can handle.

I've been repurchasing this over and over again and use them almost daily.

on 2/26/2016 4:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This brand is a good brand and if you take care of your lashes they will last awhile! I think these are great by themselves they are not too dramatic The bands are comfortable they do not poke at my eyes like I said these lashes are good quality lashes, the price is reasonable and Ardell has many styles! I recommend this style to anyone that is a lash lover!

on 1/28/2016 4:43:00 PM

I recently bought a 5 pack of these because I love the natural but flirty look these give BUT whenever I applied them, they would lift at the tear duct midday. Maybe I got a crappy batch or didn't apply correctly so I'm willing to try these again. The glamour wispies work the best on me.

Ugh I'm just so on the fence about these lashes, I really don't see what the huge hype is, I WANT to love them but they're just OK in my opinion. These are most definitely not everyday lashes, they are so obviously false and too over the top to look natural. However they are good when you're adding something extra to your eye look, for example some winged liner and bold/glittery eyeshadow.

My eyes are somewhat big and round, not sure if that's what makes the difference from looking awesome on others, but keep that in mind if you're eyes are kinda marbley like mine.

If you're looking for more natural looking lashes, I prefer Kiss lashes over these!

on 12/14/2015 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have recently been experimenting with a more full face every day. It just makes me feel more glamorous and creative in the mornings. Well, I have had bad luck with other lashes before.... they usually look way too over the top or just don't blend with natural lashes, in general. Well, these ones are incredible! They are very wearable for every day, but if curled, they look really glam. If they are washed properly, you can wear them multiple times.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

These lashes are beautiful and good quality but far too over the top for my taste. They look good when I look at my face straight on but from a profile/side view they appear unnaturally long, so I would never consider them suitable for day use. I even put them on for a night out last week but then removed them before leaving the house because I thought they just looked too dramatic. I love lashes but I lean towards a more subtle and natural look.